Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: 2016 Olympics

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Germany/Brasil on to PKs for the gold. Boooo!!! Games decided by PKs suck ass.
    I think it's the most entertaining thing in sports. It sucks for the two teams that it basically comes down to chance like that, but it couldn't be more entertaining as a fan. Nothing matches that drama.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Man, like I said, you can't beat the drama of PKs. That was incredible. Those were some clutch kicks from both sides. What a story seeing Neymar be the one to put through the winning kick for Brazil.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Having said that, this is Brazil's A team vs Germany's junior team, so it really shouldn't have even come down to that for them. But good for them for finally breaking through in a home major tournament. Has to feel good after that 7-0 defeat at home in the WC.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That was cool.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't think I've ever seen a more clutch performance in PKs. Brazil just nailed all 5 of them. They would have all been good even had the keeper guessed right on all of them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Having said that, this is Brazil's A team vs Germany's junior team, so it really shouldn't have even come down to that for them. But good for them for finally breaking through in a home major tournament. Has to feel good after that 7-0 defeat at home in the WC.
    It's their U23 teams, so I don't think Brazil got an unfair advantage. It just happens their best player qualified for U23.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It's their U23 teams, so I don't think Brazil got an unfair advantage. It just happens their best player qualified for U23.
    Huh, I didn't realize Neymar was that young. I just kinda assumed with them being the host and all, they brought all the full arsenal to try to win gold. Regardless, still a very impressive job in PKs. And I thought for sure Neymar was going to blow it when he started getting too cute before the shot, players almost always miss when they do that. But man, he just nailed it. The kinda joy in that stadium from that win is the kind of stuff that makes sports great.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Huh, I didn't realize Neymar was that young. I just kinda assumed with them being the host and all, they brought all the full arsenal to try to win gold. Regardless, still a very impressive job in PKs. And I thought for sure Neymar was going to blow it when he started getting too cute before the shot, players almost always miss when they do that. But man, he just nailed it. The kinda joy in that stadium from that win is the kind of stuff that makes sports great.
    He's 24. But the rule is that it's the age you are when qualifying starts that counts. I was watching the U21 World Cup awhile back and there were 23 year olds because the qualifying is two years long.

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Gratz to Brazil.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This Spain-Australia bronze medal basketball game has been very entertaining.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Man, I feel bad for Australia. Were going for their first ever medal in basketball, up 1 under 10 seconds left, and get screwed on a ticky tack foul that gives Spain 2 free throws and the 1 point win.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Kevin Durant going HAM.

Team USA destroying these fools.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information