Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Olympics

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Was the Dream Team lame? Was the Miracle on Ice lame? Was Michael Phelps going 7/7 in gold medals in one olympics lame? Was Jesse Owens winning gold in Nazi Germany lame? Was Kerri Strug winning gold in gymnastics on a broken ankle in 1996 lame? Some of the best sports moments in American history have happened during the Olympics.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Was the Dream Team lame? Was the Miracle on Ice lame? Was Michael Phelps going 7/7 in gold medals in one olympics lame? Was Jesse Owens winning gold in Nazi Germany lame? Was Kerri Strug winning gold in gymnastics on a broken ankle in 1996 lame? Some of the best sports moments in American history have happened during the Olympics.
    The Dream team was cool in the sense that it had our best players and was probably the most dominant team in any sport ever assembled. Jesse Owens was cool because a black guy wrecking Nazi Germany is hilarious. Strug is meh to meh. The outlier moments are just that to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The Dream team was cool in the sense that it had our best players and was probably the most dominant team in any sport ever assembled. Jesse Owens was cool because a black guy wrecking Nazi Germany is hilarious. Strug is meh to meh. The outlier moments are just that to me.
    Translation: please stop styling on me so hard Mr. Broncowave!

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Translation: please stop styling on me so hard Mr. Broncowave!
    No...the fact that you have to point to historic moments to justify a bunch of countries that ultimately don't care about one another/hate one another/love one another in a faux sense of peace I think makes my point.

We can care about the Olympics when there's a strong sense of evil in the world, or when the USA dream team wants to beat the hell out of a bunch of European scrub teams? The sports suck. The peace and love crap is just that, crap. It's a money maker. If you dig it, dig it baby.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I'm with King on this one... it's a competition to see who can put the most money into advanced doping. Congratulations, your steroids were better than the other competitors and obviously more advanced than our testing... here's you Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Wow. I didn't know so many people felt that way about the Olympics. Oh well. To each his own.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

I'm just a jaded and cynical guy.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'm just a jaded and cynical guy.
    No, that's Jaded

*points to Jaded*

17. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

That's why I didn't say I'm a Jaded guy. I'm just a jaded guy. You dig it, you feel it, you got-to-got-to touch it.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

That crash in the Women's Cycling was horrible.
    Hope the Dutch rider who cartwheeled over her handlebars on the descent is ok.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't know if anyone else is watching this Germany-South Korea soccer match but it's been absolutely insane.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    That crash in the Women's Cycling was horrible.
    Hope the Dutch rider who cartwheeled over her handlebars on the descent is ok.
    NBC just reported: According to her team, “she appears to be OK, she conscious, and has been taken to a hospital.”
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It's pretty amazing to me that the ping pong players have coaches. How in the world does one get into ping pong coaching?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Also, Olympic level ping pong is entertaining as hell to watch. What those guys do is incredible.

27. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information