Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Training Camp 2016 - Articles, Tweets, etc.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 3m3 minutes ago

Devontae Booker says he feels very good about his knee, not sure if he'll be limited to start #Broncos camp

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Devontae Booker said the knee injury was his "first injury ever" ... Was "kind of tough" in the beginning of rehab, but got easier.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Devontae Booker said the cutting on his knee is back to normal.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 3m3 minutes ago

Devontae Booker "I'm here to compete and do what I gotta do to help this team." #Broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Devontae Booker: "I couldn't have landed in a better situation than in this offensive scheme."

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos made a move to set their roster before training camp, signing rookie linebacker Darnell Sankey.

To make room for Sankey, they waived rookie long snapper Nathan Theus.

A 6-foot-2, 250-pounder, Sankey earned FCS All-America honors from multiple sources, including the American Football Coaches Associaiton, the Associated Press, the Walter Camp Football Foundation and STATS, Inc.

At Sacramento State, Sankey led the Big Sky Conference with 153 stops last season, a figure that ranked second in FCS. He added 3.5 sacks, had nine tackles for losses and forced a fumble while finishing with 76 more tackles than anyone else on the Hornets roster.
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...2-92e0077b099a

4. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adam Gotsis says the knee "feels good" ... Was running around yesterday. Says it's still a "day-by-day" thing as far as his status.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

Adam Gotsis "I've got full trust in them to get me right [healthy]." #Broncos

Adam Gotsis says it was "pretty tough" to watch OTAs, but he said he learned from watching the older players.

Gotsis said that it helped having Kenny Anunike on the sideline with him, because they could talk about what they were seeing on each play.

Adam Gotsis said he did individual drills yesterday during rookie practice.

Adam Gotsis says he's going to learn all three positions on the defensive line. "No real preference," but he knows DE is the best fit.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 57s58 seconds ago

#Broncos DL Adam Gotsis went back to Australia recently to get his visa worked out so he can legally work here.

6. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Paxton Lynch: "It feels good to get back in the building."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Lynch says the biggest area of growth is "how far I've come mentally." Said he had some trouble calling plays in the huddle when he started.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

Paxton Lynch said he's not at 100% knowledge of the playbook, but he's made a lot of progress.

Paxton Lynch "I definitely think I have an opportunity...to play right away." #Broncos @1043TheFan

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

Paxton Lynch said he knew Mark Sanchez and Trevor Siemian would be ahead of him b/c of their experience and knowledge of system.

Paxton Lynch: "The biggest thing for me is to stay confident in myself ... keep pushing through."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Lynch: "It's my job as a rookie to push those guys who are ahead of me."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Lynch said he did "a lot of football" work during time off. Worked in Orlando, threw to his brother. Threw to Mose Frazier in Memphis, too.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 52s52 seconds ago

Paxton Lynch, on his comfort level in the huddle: "It's definitely coming to me," but still more comfortable in no-huddle b/c of work @ MEM.

8. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post

Adam Gotsis says the knee "feels good" ... Was running around yesterday. Says it's still a "day-by-day" thing as far as his status.

Adam Gotsis "I've got full trust in them to get me right [healthy]." #Broncos

Adam Gotsis says it was "pretty tough" to watch OTAs, but he said he learned from watching the older players.

Gotsis said that it helped having Kenny Anunike on the sideline with him, because they could talk about what they were seeing on each play.

Adam Gotsis said he did individual drills yesterday during rookie practice.

Adam Gotsis says he's going to learn all three positions on the defensive line. "No real preference," but he knows DE is the best fit.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 57s58 seconds ago

#Broncos DL Adam Gotsis went back to Australia recently to get his visa worked out so he can legally work here.
    The Broncos almost employed an illegal?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Does anyone know if they are doing the summer scrimmage at Mile High?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I see the OL battle being the biggest position battle at camp this year. This is how i would like to see the OL look at end of camp

Okung
    McGovern
    Paradis
    Garcia
    Sambrailo

The biggest question would be Sambrailo but okung paradis and garcia are basically set in stone. Stephenson could easily be the starting RT but i see him as the swing T and vet to youngyoung OL. I would like to see OL develop and gel early on. McGovern i think will beat out Sambrailo for LG because he is a beast and a mauler in running game. But Sambrailo will prob start camp at G.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Denver Broncos to begin new era, but defense still tops

On July 30, 2015, Broncos general manager John Elway, donning one of his many navy notch lapel sport coats, sat under an oversized tent in the smoldering heat as a horde of reporters peppered him with questions. The usual questions. The expected questions that had no definitive answers.

Is the new system a fit for their quarterback? Is the young offensive line a concern? Is this team capable of going all the way?

It was the day before the start of training camp and Elway, armed with a new coach in longtime friend and former teammate Gary Kubiak, was leading a new era. Elway had revamped the defense a year earlier, and after back-to-back disappointments in the postseason — a Super Bowl blowout loss followed by a first-game exit — had set the team up for change and a world championship in Peyton Manning’s final season.

Come Wednesday, the eve of the Broncos’ 2016 training camp, Elway probably will field the same questions about the same topics, but with different names. Another Broncos era will kick off that afternoon and start in earnest the next day, when players take the field for Day 1 of practice.
    rest - long article - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/26...se-still-tops/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I see the OL battle being the biggest position battle at camp this year. This is how i would like to see the OL look at end of camp

Okung
    McGovern
    Paradis
    Garcia
    Sambrailo

The biggest question would be Sambrailo but okung paradis and garcia are basically set in stone. Stephenson could easily be the starting RT but i see him as the swing T and vet to youngyoung OL. I would like to see OL develop and gel early on. McGovern i think will beat out Sambrailo for LG because he is a beast and a mauler in running game. But Sambrailo will prob start camp at G.
    I think Stephenson got $6 MM/per, that's too much for a swing T.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post

Okung
    McGovern
    Paradis
    Garcia
    Sambrailo

Right now not the configuration that they're thinking of putting out there.

From what I have heard it looks something like this

LT Okung
    LG Garcia
    C Paradis
    RG Sambrailo
    RT Stephenson

I might have the guard switched but that this seems to be what they're going start off with. It doesn't mean it will end up that way but this seem to be the starting point. At any rate, I think the starting tackles and center are penciled in for sure.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I think Stephenson got $6 MM/per, that's too much for a swing T.
    It sounds to me like they plan having start. Personally, I would rather roll with Sambrailo at right tackle but maybe Kubuiak feels more comfortable with a veteran presences at both ends of the line.

18. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 17m

Sports Authority logo coming off press room backdrops #9news

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 3h

Today is the day and the fields look ready. Broncos veteran player report here today,... http://es.pn/2a4vFd9

Broncos like their situation at quarterback a lot more than most

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...e-than-most-do

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos training camp through the years

Take a look through Broncos training camp history, from early days in Fort Collins to the much more developed camp at the UCHealth Training Center.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...d3e9aa54#start

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

ENGLEWOOD—Aqib Talib will require more time to recover from gunshot wounds to his right leg.

The Denver Broncos have placed Talib on their preseason non-football injury list (NFI). As a practical matter the NFI is equivalent to the PUP, or physically unable perform list. The NFI is designated to players who suffer an injury unrelated to football.

Talib, the Broncos’ top cover cornerback who earned Pro Bowl berths each of the past two seasons, was in Dallas on June 4 when he suffered gunshot wounds to the rear of his right upper leg and lower part of his right calf.

The NFL is investigating the incident in an attempt to determine whether Talib was shot accidentally, or by another shooter, and whether it was at a Dallas nightclub or at a nearby park.

Talib can be activated from the preseason injury list at any time. Although Talib is expected to miss the first week or two of training camp that begins Thursday, along with the first preseason game Aug. 11 at Chicago, the Broncos are hopeful he will be ready to play in their regular-season opener Sept. 8 against the Carolina Panthers in a Super Bowl 50 rematch in Denver.

Besides his injury, Talib must also be cleared by the NFL to play in the Broncos’ season opener
    http://www.9news.com/sports/broncos-...list/282653787

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

The #Broncos are signing former #Ravens WR Marlon Brown to a 1-year deal, @UniSportsMgmt tells me. Gary Kubiak coached him in Baltimore.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information