Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice: I'll donate salary if I get another NFL chance

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    elevator operator?

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Let's be honest, the NFL "moral standards" are subject to the talent level of the offending party. So the question is, does Rice have enough talent to blot out his off field transgressions?
    No. We went through this last year: He's pushing 30 at a grueling position that goes downhill after 30 even faster than most, plus he's a pariah who was nothing special in the first place. He had one or two good years as a roleplayer on an overrated team that had one exceptionally lucky (or something...) season when a double-murderer announced retirement before the playoffs even started. If that earns him a second chance, it earns Rahim Moore a HoF bust.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    No. We went through this last year: He's pushing 30 at a grueling position that goes downhill after 30 even faster than most, plus he's a pariah who was nothing special in the first place. He had one or two good years as a roleplayer on an overrated team that had one exceptionally lucky (or something...) season when a double-murderer announced retirement before the playoffs even started. If that earns him a second chance, it earns Rahim Moore a HoF bust.
    OK, I need glasses. Nevertheless, he has 2 years of no wear & tear, or is that 2 years of rust? Rust or rest, what does he 1st and foremost have?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

If the NFL will hire me I'll donate half of my salary.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    If the NFL will hire me I'll donate half of my salary.
    Yeah, but only if you are a wife batterer

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Can I start with my ex?

7. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

battered wives are delicious

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

9. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    battered wives are delicious
    Blue Berry or Buttermilk Pancake?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    OK, I need glasses. Nevertheless, he has 2 years of no wear & tear, or is that 2 years of rust? Rust or rest, what does he 1st and foremost have?
    Lots of baggage, an odometer about to roll over, a resume that was always mediocre AND lots of rust: No sale. I mean, maybe for the vet minimum if a team's really thin at RB, but I doubt he gets more than a games worth of Sunday snaps the rest of his life. Just MHO, FWIW.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I have a problem reconciling the fact that so many athletes with domestic disturbances, even multiple domestic disturbances, and arrests and even convictions are playing across the spectrum of sports and yet this is the guy who is blackballed because people saw it on video. There is no difference except for that, and I can't reconcile in my own mind whether I should be appalled and call for him to be blackballed continuously while others continue to get second chances.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Damn. Mo was determined to talk about black balls today.

15. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I have a problem reconciling the fact that so many athletes with domestic disturbances, even multiple domestic disturbances, and arrests and even convictions are playing across the spectrum of sports and yet this is the guy who is blackballed because people saw it on video. There is no difference except for that, and I can't reconcile in my own mind whether I should be appalled and call for him to be blackballed continuously while others continue to get second chances.
    1 in 4 women experience intimate partner violence in the US, 1 in 3 worldwide. 1 in 5 children witness their mother being assaulted by their father. The correlation between abusing your partner and children is huge.

Statistically.......People on this forum will have abused their partner.

But because it usually happens behind closed doors, often it's easy to ignore that as just a statistic. This video really brought it to light, so I do understand your internal dilemma.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

1 in 4 women experience intimate partner violence in the US, 1 in 3 worldwide. 1 in 5 children witness their mother being assaulted by their father. The correlation between abusing your partner and children is huge.

Statistically.......People on this forum will have abused their partner.

But because it usually happens behind closed doors, often it's easy to ignore that as just a statistic. This video really brought it to light, so I do understand your internal dilemma.
    That doesn't explain, for those who have been accused and convicted, why they get second chances and Ray Rice has not. And that's my internal struggle. What about this makes his case unforgiveable? Just a video? If so, that's a really bad reason.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

That doesn't explain, for those who have been accused and convicted, why they get second chances and Ray Rice has not. And that's my internal struggle. What about this makes his case unforgiveable? Just a video? If so, that's a really bad reason.
    Oh yeah, that was my whole point but I missed it lol.

Because we watched this, it is more real than reading about an accusation or a conviction.
    Because we watched it, we can't turn a blind eye.

We should feel like this over every abuse case, but we don't. We ignore a lot of them. We ignore and minimise them because we don't see it, and largely don't want to see out. This case took away that luxury.

I hope he gets a shot

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Watching this also made it hard to blame the victim, which is what many do.

Although.... even in this case she still took a lot of heat for not leaving, like that somehow justified getting assaulted in the first place.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information