Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Broncos: Team gets feeling that Kubiak will roll with Sanchez to start and go from there

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Broncos: Team gets feeling that Kubiak will roll with Sanchez to start and go from there

http://www.12up.com/posts/3493050-re...qb?a_aid=40607

Broncos defensive lineman Sylvester Williams appeared on ​Sirius XM NFL Radio and said that Kubiak has, "kind of let us know" that veteran Mark Sanchez would be leading the team come September.

"But I think, going into the camp, I think Coach Kub kind of let us know he's going to go with Mark and give Mark the opportunity to see what he can do and then go on from there."

The Broncos drafted their QB of the future in Paxton Lynch during the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft, but he needs some time to develop before taking over the starting role. there had been talk that Trevor Siemian would be given a chance to start, but it seems Sanchez will be given the reigns.

At least to start.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Not a huge surprise, and I agree with that tactic.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think it's the right move. I imagine it's the case unless something astounding happens in camp with either of the other two.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Once it became obvious that Simian was the closest thing to veteran competition for Sanchez, this was a given.
    I'm all for it.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It's not a surpise.

Breaking: Defending SB Champ roster unanimously smarter than a fifth grader. If not many posters who were still accusing our coach of "playing not to lose" even at the end of our Championship Season. But if "power is the ultimate aphrodisiac," victory is the ultimate analgesic.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Isn't this old news
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Dear God, please don't let us turn into the Texans.

Quote Originally Posted by blamkin86 View Post
    Dear God, please don't let us turn into the Texans.
    Sanchez is better than anyone the Texans had.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Sanchez is better than anyone the Texans had.
    I was talking about the carousel at QB the Texans went through last year. I know Sanchez will likely be replaced during the year, or will he?

I just don't want that.

I was talking about the carousel at QB the Texans went through last year. I know Sanchez will likely be replaced during the year, or will he?

I just don't want that.
    Well, we might not have a choice for a couple of years, at least not until Siemens or Lynch show themselves ready.

Personally, I think we'll be fine. We won't ask much from our qb's this year. Their job will be to not turn it over, and I don't see how they can do any worst than last year.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Didn't he say it would be an open competition?

If I was a player, I don't think I would like being lied to like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

I just don't want that.
    The reason they went through a QB carousel last year is the same reason Kubes lost his job there: Because McNair never let him go out and get a starting QB worthy of the name: Even when it was obvious Schaub sucked, and Kubes DESPERATE to replace him, the best alternative he was allowed was a 5th round pick (with whom he STILL won the franchises first playoff game while the guy was a ROOKIE) followed by a UDFA.

Does ANY aspect of Elways history suggest he'd make the same mistake, or has?

We can keep debating whether Kubiak or Wade made our Championship Season, but they were BOTH in Houston for the Schaub era yet never (quite) reached a Conference Championship game, let alone WON a SB, so maybe it's a moot point. All I know is injury-prone Manning+Von Miller>flameout-prone Schaub+JJ Watt. Regardless of WHY, that makes me comfortable with and confident in our future.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    The reason they went through a QB carousel last year is the same reason Kubes lost his job there: Because McNair never let him go out and get a starting QB worthy of the name: Even when it was obvious Schaub sucked, and Kubes DESPERATE to replace him, the best alternative he was allowed was a 5th round pick (with whom he STILL won the franchises first playoff game while the guy was a ROOKIE) followed by a UDFA.

Does ANY aspect of Elways history suggest he'd make the same mistake, or has?

We can keep debating whether Kubiak or Wade made our Championship Season, but they were BOTH in Houston for the Schaub era yet never (quite) reached a Conference Championship game, let alone WON a SB, so maybe it's a moot point. All I know is injury-prone Manning+Von Miller>flameout-prone Schaub+JJ Watt. Regardless of WHY, that makes me comfortable with and confident in our future.
    You simply cannot put none of the blame on the head coach for the quarterback problems in Houston, especially considering that coach came up the ranks as a quarterback coach and an offensive coordinator. Granted, I simply don't expect Elway to allow what Rick Smith allowed as I think Elway is a stronger and smarter general manager than Smith, but you can't place all of the blame on the owner for quarterback problems. But, that said, Elway has seemingly placed a band-aid on the situation and drafted a rookie who needs some time to sit, something Smith never really did as he kept applying band-aids and never drafted the next guy for development (and I still think he's applying band-aids with the signing of Osweiler.)

Was Kubiak given the best situation? Hell no, but come on. I expect he learned his lesson in Houston and that helped him to make the right decisions last year down the stretch. Ultimately, that pissed off the guy who was supposed to be the next quarterback for the Broncos and led to him leaving town, but I think Kubiak made the right decision (Note that he didn't have to win the Super Bowl for that to be the right decision).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Breaking: Defending SB Champ roster unanimously smarter than a fifth grader. If not many posters who were still accusing our coach of "playing not to lose" even at the end of our Championship Season. But if "power is the ultimate aphrodisiac," victory is the ultimate analgesic.
    Translation requested.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information