Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default Pokemon Go

How many people here play this game?

I don't
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Driver collides with tree while playing Pokemon Go

The incredibly popular Pokemon Go smartphone game nearly claimed its first life Tuesday night after a driver in upstate New York swerved off the road and hit a tree while trying to catch Pokemon, police said.

According to Syracuse.com, an unidentified 28-year-old man was trying to catch Pokemon on his phone at about 10:45 p.m. when he got distracted and veered off the roadway and crashed into a tree

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/14...okemon-go.html
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

A guy here wondered into traffic and got hit. Can't wait to see the YouTube fails and population thinning out
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

BTB is a big fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

5. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    BTB is a big fan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0Vz9XcJU.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	9220

7. The Following 7 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

I just started but I'm having trouble finding pokey mans.

Dave will be along shortley
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Pokemon Go is pretty brilliant, really, They took an extremely popular franchise, and made it to where you have to both walk around outside and be social with others to play it. It's gotten people who might otherwise just sit on their couch and play video games all day to go outside and get exercise. The park I run in has been more crowded than I've ever seen it this week with people playing the game.

It's also brought out the crotchety old "get off my lawn" men out in full force on the internet!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Dave will be along shortley
    The only thing Dave catches are STDs

13. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Pokemon Go is pretty brilliant, really, They took an extremely popular franchise, and made it to where you have to both walk around outside and be social with others to play it. It's gotten people who might otherwise just sit on their couch and play video games all day to go outside and get exercise. The park I run in has been more crowded than I've ever seen it this week with people playing the game.

It's also brought out the crotchety old "get off my lawn" men out in full force on the internet!
    They've also gotten non-pokemon fans to play, even older folks. I've noticed this at work.
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 07-14-2016 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Typo

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I just missed the Pokemon craze when it started in '97 (I was a senior in High School) but I think its a brilliant ploy by Nintendo. All these kids that grew up with it all have cellphones now and nostalgia is a great marketing gimmick. Combine that with Augmented Reality which I admit has MUCH more potential than Virtual Reality and you are going to get a cultural phenomenon. I have no desire to play the game, but I think it's pretty neat because of the technology. It will lead to stuff like this:

17. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I think its effing embarrassing to see a bunch of men walking around looking through their phone trying to find "pokemon." Just because you liked it as a child, doesn't mean you have to like it as an adult. They are cartoon monsters. It's time to grow up.

What it will lead to, is simply McDonalds offering you a free "pokemon" when you buy your kid's meal. What it will lead to is BIG companies paying dollars to be a "gold star location" for all their dorks to find better monsters.

And you DO NOT have to "socialize" with other players to play it. You leave your lil baby cartoon at the "pokemon gym" and can walk away. You don't have to be there.

Their was a spot on O'Fallon MO where a couple of guys used the "pokemon gym" for nefarious deeds. They simply left their monster off to the side, and when people came over to 'fight' their cartoon, they robbed them. They robbed 11 people this way at different locations.

The question then has to be asked.... are the robbers in this case really the heroes?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The prospects for augmented reality seem really cool - I can't wait for an application of it that isn't so ******* nerdy.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think the game is stupid but i dont begrudge anyone who plays it. It is a little concerning though the people who get hurt in accidents or fall victim to criminals using this app though.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think the game is stupid but i dont begrudge anyone who plays it. It is a little concerning though the people who get hurt in accidents or fall victim to criminals using this app though.
    I am in favor of this as it seems to be a good way to cleanse the gene pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information