Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Sure. But from a financial or even cultural standard, Pokemon seems quite high.
    Yeah, it's not like Pokemon is some niche thing that is played only by the nerdiest of nerds. When they released the app, it become one of the most downloaded games ever in the app store within a week. It's already at 10 million downloads in the Android app store which is the same amount Words With Friends has, which has been a huge game for years. This game reaches men, women, blacks, whites, adults, children, gay, straight, professionals, people who live with their parents, you name it. When a group THAT big plays it, it's pretty much impossible to categorize them under the same umbrella, especially with extreme criticisms like they all need to "grow up" or "get a life" or "NEED to be made fun of".

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Really? This is why I can't figure out why you think you are so much smarter than everyone else, because you want to call someone a hypocrite when you obviously don't know when that applies. I'll again, try to make a very simple example for you. Perhaps you can "get it" if someone just tries to bring it down to lower and lower elementary levels for you.

By your brilliant line of thinking, if Von Kinger thought that the Pasaat was a stupid looking car, you would say "Von is a hypocrite because he he drives a car himself. I just don't get it how he can make fun of that car. " It doesn't make a difference that he drives, he thinks the Pasaat is stupid, and doesn't like it. Perhaps he even makes a comment on the 'type' of person that would even think about driving such a stupid looking car.

I know you pokemon players don't like to be made fun of, but get uses to it. If you want to make fun of players of other games, GREAT...that's your right to do so. But that doesn't make anyone a hypocrite for making fun of you for playing a game that is considered to be a very childish and ridiculous game. Now you can then return with "yeah, but you play star wars games."

So, this once again, I believe that the Pokemon App is retarded. I think it's stupid, and I think those (adults) willing to run around capturing their lil pocket monsters, are immature. It's really no different than anyone calling ANYONE out for anything. We all do "similar" things to those we make fun of. I'll continue to call people out and make fun of them for playing t his game...absolutely I will.

Now do you get that?
    The difference is, I wouldn't say King NEEDS to be made fun of because I think his car looks stupid. I wouldn't devalue him as a human being because he drives a car that I don't like.

As for myself, personally, with this game, I find it a nice way to unwind after work while spending some time outdoors and reliving memories of my childhood, while at the same time interacting with people who I never would have met otherwise. Even around playing that game, I have a great job, a loving fiancee, many good friends, and overall live pretty active and healthy life. But I guess one game I play on my cell phone sometimes in my free time reduces me to an immature loser who needs to grow up and get a life huh?

Ravage, I know you are stubborn and refuse to ever consider another view once you have your heels dug in the ground on something (and before you call me a hypocrite, yes, I know I am often the same way) but I think if you took a step back and let your common sense replace your anger toward this issue, you would realize you are going way overboard in your criticism of people who play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The difference is, I wouldn't say King NEEDS to be made fun of because I think his car looks stupid. I wouldn't devalue him as a human being because he drives a car that I don't like.

As for myself, personally, with this game, I find it a nice way to unwind after work while spending some time outdoors and reliving memories of my childhood, while at the same time interacting with people who I never would have met otherwise. Even around playing that game, I have a great job, a loving fiancee, many good friends, and overall live pretty active and healthy life. But I guess one game I play on my cell phone sometimes in my free time reduces me to an immature loser who needs to grow up and get a life huh?

Ravage, I know you are stubborn and refuse to ever consider another view once you have your heels dug in the ground on something (and before you call me a hypocrite, yes, I know I am often the same way) but I think if you took a step back and let your common sense replace your anger toward this issue, you would realize you are going way overboard in your criticism of people who play the game.
    No, wave. What I'm trying to illustrate to you is that it doesn't make me a hypocrite for thinking something is stupid. I don't regret thinking this game is stupid, NOR do I regret or take away believing that those that play it need to be made fun of.

I've also said many times, I TRULY don't care if it's something you/they enjoy. That's your right to play until your legs fall off, as I'm not going to stand out and protest against your right to play. I'm not going to go around the parks and knocking people's phones from their hands as they are out trying to capture their lil kiddy monsters. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to simply laugh at you when I see you doing it, as I absolutely will. I'm not overboard at all.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Does someone go around hiding pokemon stuff in the bushes? What happens when you find a pokemon on your phone Wave?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Does someone go around hiding pokemon stuff in the bushes? What happens when you find a pokemon on your phone Wave?
    They are generated by the computer at random, but players can place things called "lures" that causes them to spawn at a higher rate in a certain area.

What happens after you find one on your phone really depends on how you play the game. Typically, the point is to raise their level and evolve them in to stronger versions of themselves and eventually use them to battle other players. The other goal is to catch one of every single type of pokemon in the game. That part is really what makes it the most addicting, because it does take a bit of time to reach that goal, but you are constantly moving closer to it the more you play.

I will still assert that despite some of the negative stories you see of people being robbed or getting hit while cars while playing, it's still had an overall positive impact on those who play it. It's gotten countless people who would normally sit at home by themselves all day playing video games to actually go outside and walk (some pokemon have to be hatched from eggs, and that can only be done by taking a certain amount of steps) and interact with other people. Even, I personally, someone who does like to spend time outside, can sometimes get sucked into the habit of coming home from work and binge watching a TV show until I fall asleep, and playing this game has actually gotten me outside and off the couch more often.

But again, I guess I just need to grow up and get a life. Time to get back inside and glue myself to my couch!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

They are generated by the computer at random, but players can place things called "lures" that causes them to spawn at a higher rate in a certain area.

What happens after you find one on your phone really depends on how you play the game. Typically, the point is to raise their level and evolve them in to stronger versions of themselves and eventually use them to battle other players. The other goal is to catch one of every single type of pokemon in the game. That part is really what makes it the most addicting, because it does take a bit of time to reach that goal, but you are constantly moving closer to it the more you play.

I will still assert that despite some of the negative stories you see of people being robbed or getting hit while cars while playing, it's still had an overall positive impact on those who play it. It's gotten countless people who would normally sit at home by themselves all day playing video games to actually go outside and walk (some pokemon have to be hatched from eggs, and that can only be done by taking a certain amount of steps) and interact with other people. Even, I personally, someone who does like to spend time outside, can sometimes get sucked into the habit of coming home from work and binge watching a TV show until I fall asleep, and playing this game has actually gotten me outside and off the couch more often.

But again, I guess I just need to grow up and get a life. Time to get back inside and glue myself to my couch!
    I think the going outside and actually moving your skeleton is a very redeeming quality of the game. I saw two kids driving down the street in a golf cart while watching their phones the other day. I assumed they were playing pokemon and I felt like using the golf cart was cheating.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I think the going outside and actually moving your skeleton is a very redeeming quality of the game. I saw two kids driving down the street in a golf cart while watching their phones the other day. I assumed they were playing pokemon and I felt like using the golf cart was cheating.
    There is actually a mechanism in the game that does not count you as taking steps if you are going a certain speed, to prevent people from cheating in this way. Although I suppose in a golf cart you can go slow enough to trick it into thinking you are walking.

But hey, at least those people were still outside I guess!

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

I'm almost to level 11 *shrugs*

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

11. The Following User High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post

THIS is how Pokémon hunting is done.
    That guy is pretty bad with a gun. Most of those shots hit the dirt.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

The most fighting action this board has seen in a few months happens to be in the Pokemon Go thread. Interesting. ****, we need football back asap.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

No, wave. What I'm trying to illustrate to you is that it doesn't make me a hypocrite for thinking something is stupid. I don't regret thinking this game is stupid, NOR do I regret or take away believing that those that play it need to be made fun of.

I've also said many times, I TRULY don't care if it's something you/they enjoy. That's your right to play until your legs fall off, as I'm not going to stand out and protest against your right to play. I'm not going to go around the parks and knocking people's phones from their hands as they are out trying to capture their lil kiddy monsters. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to simply laugh at you when I see you doing it, as I absolutely will. I'm not overboard at all.
    Why is it 'kiddy' monsters? The Hobbit and Star Wars are considered for adults; The Hobbit and LotR were stories for Tolkien's kids, and Star Wars was originally marketed as a child's movie and that's made truly demonstrative by the fact that the most hardcore of fans tend to be those who watched the movies in their formative years via movie theater.

There is nothing more intrinsically 'kiddy' about Pokemon than football...you know that most players started early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    The most fighting action this board has seen in a few months happens to be in the Pokemon Go thread. Interesting. ****, we need football back asap.
    You clearly haven't read P&R lately. This is mild compared to that.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Why is it 'kiddy' monsters? The Hobbit and Star Wars are considered for adults; The Hobbit and LotR were stories for Tolkien's kids, and Star Wars was originally marketed as a child's movie and that's made truly demonstrative by the fact that the most hardcore of fans tend to be those who watched the movies in their formative years via movie theater.

There is nothing more intrinsically 'kiddy' about Pokemon than football...you know that most players started early.
    If I saw adults dressing up and "playing" star wars, then I would make the same comments about them. Is that fair for you, does that make you feel better? WHen I see adults sword fighting in the park, and doing their ""LARP"ing... I will make the SAME comments about them as I do about you Pokemon Go players.

However, you telling me that there are other 'kiddy' things doesn't take away that Pokemon is for children. NOT just children, but small children. But if it makes you feel better to compare your pocket monster card game to other things, more power to you. I'm STILL going to think it's absolutely stupid for an adult to play a "kiddy monster" game, and I personally will enjoy making fun of you while you and BtB hang out and fight your pocket monsters.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 07-21-2016 at 02:27 PM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

You clearly haven't read P&R lately. This is mild compared to that.
    I ain't touching that shit with a 10 ft pole. Election year and stuff.

22. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

If I saw adults dressing up and "playing" star wars, then I would make the same comments about them. Is that fair for you, does that make you feel better? WHen I see adults sword fighting in the park, and doing their ""LARP"ing... I will make the SAME comments about them as I do about you Pokemon Go players.

However, you telling me that there are other 'kiddy' things doesn't take away that Pokemon is for children. NOT just children, but small children. But if it makes you feel better to compare your pocket monster card game to other things, more power to you. I'm STILL going to think it's absolutely stupid for an adult to play a "kiddy monster" game, and I personally will enjoy making fun of you while you and BtB hang out and fight your pocket monsters.
    First off, there's only one monster in my pocket, and it's of average size, dammit. I also don't play the game.

Secondly, how is playing pokemon go equivalent to dressing up like Star Wars? Star Wars is also for children. The games you play are for small children. FFS, damn near everything is at least somewhat marketed for children because those parents got dat money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

24. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information