Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

What is not a phenom.. is some idiot kid thinking that adults are "old" purely because they have opinions that don't match their own. I mean, it's so original for some young punk to think that the "old folk" don't really know what's going on, they just don't get it. They are just old. How original. Everyone's parents and great grand parents said the same thing. You know what they all had in common? They were all wrong when saying it. What these brilliant little "cool" kids don't get, is that they will soon grow up enough to realize that their parents weren't wrong. They'll finally get mature enough to see that their dad's really weren't that clueless, and that they really did know what they were talking about. The older I get, the smarter my dad gets.

It takes some time. It takes some growing up and maturity to finally see it. But the kids of today are absolutley no different than than my dad when he was a kid. It's the same shit, just different labels. But they will eventually have kids, and hear the same ol' tired mantra's from them that we hear. It's just something you chuckle at when you see them thinking they are suck know-it-alls. After all, the "you are old and don't know anything" is such an easy out to simply say "you don't agree with my perspective, therefore you must be old and wrong." Mature.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

I don't know much about this other than people walking around looking at their phone and walking into things. I need to get it and set up a spot where they walk into one of those thin metal signs that hang by chains or whatever. Every time someone bangs their head it makes a gong sound. Make sure I have audio and video of it. Hmmmm.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    What is not a phenom.. is some idiot kid thinking that adults are "old" purely because they have opinions that don't match their own. I mean, it's so original for some young punk to think that the "old folk" don't really know what's going on, they just don't get it. They are just old. How original. Everyone's parents and great grand parents said the same thing. You know what they all had in common? They were all wrong when saying it. What these brilliant little "cool" kids don't get, is that they will soon grow up enough to realize that their parents weren't wrong. They'll finally get mature enough to see that their dad's really weren't that clueless, and that they really did know what they were talking about. The older I get, the smarter my dad gets.

It takes some time. It takes some growing up and maturity to finally see it. But the kids of today are absolutley no different than than my dad when he was a kid. It's the same shit, just different labels. But they will eventually have kids, and hear the same ol' tired mantra's from them that we hear. It's just something you chuckle at when you see them thinking they are suck know-it-alls. After all, the "you are old and don't know anything" is such an easy out to simply say "you don't agree with my perspective, therefore you must be old and wrong." Mature.
    You really need to get over what other people do for fun. Why do you give a shit however other people spend their free time? Besides, I'm pretty sure I've seen you post that you play video games right?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I don't like video games and think they are mostly a waste of time (though i've spent my fare share of time playing Madden, Fifa, etc).

But shit I loved the first generation of Pokemon games. Didn't give a shit about the ones after, but I still have my Gameboy color and the yellow and blue version somewhere.

Those who think it's a fad that will die out soon are mistaken given that Pokemon has been a consistently successful franchise since its inception.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

7. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I think it's dumb as ****, but nobody makes me play, and I don't give a rat's ass what other people play. More important things in life...

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1468542647264.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	9223

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I think it's dumb as ****, but nobody makes me play, and I don't give a rat's ass what other people play. More important things in life...
    Good post here. I feel like most of the world's problems would be solved if people minded their own business and stopped making such a big deal about how other people live their lives.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Last edited by aberdien; 07-14-2016 at 07:52 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/07/...to-pokemon-go/

Man, this successful adult NFL player is just some loser who needs to get a life, huh Rav?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Look at these losers in the military playing pokemon go. They really need to grow up!

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/m...game/86952068/

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'll be honest. I think it's dumb. Really dumb.

But then again, I chase a little white, plastic ball around a carefully and disproportionately mowed field trying to get said ball in a hole a little bigger than a pop can for a seemingly random, but specific, number of times.

"And you do this once? **** no! We'll do it 18 ******* times." -Robin Williams.

I guess it gets the shut-ins out and about.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I do find it interesting how different types of gaming are viewed so differently by many people.

For example, if you sit at home by yourself and play a game like Madden, skyrim, COD, or GTA for hours at a time, that's seen as normal. But if you go outside and play pokemon go, or join friends to play games like Dungeons and Dragons or Magic the Gathering, you are seen as a nerd/loser who needs to grow up and get a life.

Now it's probably just a vocal minority of people who express the extreme views like I listed above, but it is an interesting phenomenon.
    I have always associated fans of anime as pimply faced awkward adolescents who have bad communication and social skills.

That's probably an unfair stereotype with as big as it's grown - but there is something to the types of people who are drawn to the different games mentioned.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You really need to get over what other people do for fun. Why do you give a shit however other people spend their free time? Besides, I'm pretty sure I've seen you post that you play video games right?
    You always seem to miss the points. I don't give a flying rat's ass wht people do. There certainly isn't any "worry." But that doesn't mean I'm not going to make fun of them.

Before you get back on your high horse and tell me how much better you are then the rest of us because you just "let people do what they want"...you better do some serious introspective look at yourself. We both know you criticize people for their choices and the actions for what they take. You put yourself on your high peak and judge people quite often, all the while trying to tell the "old people" that we make fun of others.

You are a hypocrite to a large degree when it comes to this. If some adult wants to wander around hunting easter eggs, more power to him. Doesn't mean I'm not going to laugh at his sorry ass while he's doing it.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I have always associated fans of anime as pimply faced awkward adolescents who have bad communication and social skills.

That's probably an unfair stereotype with as big as it's grown - but there is something to the types of people who are drawn to the different games mentioned.
    While those stereotypes probably do have some truth to them, I don't think that means those people should be stigmatized for it. Most people probably have at least one hobby that other people would find strange/judge them for.

But to call someone a loser/say they have no life/needs to grow up because what they do for fun is a pretty douchebaggy. (Not directing this at you, obviously).

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information