Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The prospects for augmented reality seem really cool - I can't wait for an application of it that isn't so ******* nerdy.
    Yeah... doesn't it suck that we have the tech to really do some incredible things. So what do we do with it...create an easter egg hunt.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    The only thing Dave catches are STDs
    I eat STDs for breakfast

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I eat STDs for breakfast
    ewwww
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I eat STDs for breakfast
    I usually just have a clif bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I usually just have a clif bar.
    A clif bar covered in STDs

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I was the right age when Pokemon originally came out so I am happy that Pokemon Go exists, and I think it has had a net positive impact on society. I've read stories of people who are suffering from depression or PTSD have started playing it and it has helped them with leaving their house and being social.

I have only played a little bit though (maybe 45 minutes total). The idea is awesome, but I get enough exercise already, and I have better things to do. When i'm out riding my bike I prefer to be aware of my surroundings rather than immersed in a video game.

Animal Shelter Wants Pokemon Go Players To Walk Dogs

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

It's interesting that this game existed in an almost identical form, but without Pokemon. Then a licensing deal gets worked out and it's an explosion.

I expect the fad to burn out rather quickly, but if it doesn't the potential damage when this thing gets hacked (and it will) will be significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The prospects for augmented reality seem really cool - I can't wait for an application of it that isn't so ******* nerdy.
    They have this. Its called Ingress. Made by the same folks who made pokemon go.....except it has 5 times the features, but no pokemon so it didn't get popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The angry old man hot takes in this thread are off the charts.

Here's my question for you all: how is pokemon go any more nerdy or any more of a waste of time than having tens of thousands of posts talking to strangers on an Internet message board?

Everyone has their outlets for how they enjoy their free time. Playing this game doesn't make you "less of an adult" than someone who wastes just as much of their time posting on an Internet message board or watching TV or whatever other activity you can come up with.

I bet if they came out with a virtual reality game where you could play pong with other people you old geezers would be all over it.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The angry old man hot takes in this thread are off the charts.

Here's my question for you all: how is pokemon go any more nerdy or any more of a waste of time than having tens of thousands of posts talking to strangers on an Internet message board?

Everyone has their outlets for how they enjoy their free time. It doesn't make you "less of an adult" then someone who wastes just as much of their time posting on an Internet message board or watching TV or whatever other activity you can come up with.

I bet if they came out with a virtual reality game where you could play pong with other people you old geezers would be all over it.
    Fag

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

What's faggy is getting up in arms about how someone else spends their free time. I guess I just have more important things to worry about.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    What's faggy is getting up in arms about how someone else spends their free time. I guess I just have more important things to worry about.
    I don't think anyone really cares.

It's just fun to make fun of you.

20. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I don't think anyone really cares.

It's just fun to make fun of you.
    I don't know, Ravage seemed pretty upset about people playing it in his 4 paragraph rant on it. I know that you are just here to troll.

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I do find it interesting how different types of gaming are viewed so differently by many people.

For example, if you sit at home by yourself and play a game like Madden, skyrim, COD, or GTA for hours at a time, that's seen as normal. But if you go outside and play pokemon go, or join friends to play games like Dungeons and Dragons or Magic the Gathering, you are seen as a nerd/loser who needs to grow up and get a life.

Now it's probably just a vocal minority of people who express the extreme views like I listed above, but it is an interesting phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    It's interesting that this game existed in an almost identical form, but without Pokemon. Then a licensing deal gets worked out and it's an explosion.

I expect the fad to burn out rather quickly, but if it doesn't the potential damage when this thing gets hacked (and it will) will be significant.
    This has pedo-predator app written alllllll over it. If we've already seen robbers lure adults (ugh)... to places so they can be robbed, it's not long before we see some sicko use this cartoon monster app to use it for sick reasons. Not blaming any developers of the game, but it's such a childish game that attracts kids to walk and wander...it's like it's designed for it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information