Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Allen Iverson: Where does he rank with some of the alltime greats in your opinion?

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

As far as little guys, he is the best ever. 6 foot 165 pound guys are not supposed to be able to dominate in a league full of giants.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    As far as little guys, he is the best ever. 6 foot 165 pound guys are not supposed to be able to dominate in a league full of giants.
    The fact that he dunked over people was insane to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It's too bad he never won a ring. He had to carry some really shitty Sixers teams. And running into the Kobe/Shaq Lakers didn't help either.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's too bad he never won a ring. He had to carry some really shitty Sixers teams. And running into the Kobe/Shaq Lakers didn't help either.
    I imagine he felt the same way the Jazz felt.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Thats one of the reasons why he first impressed me. Watching him at Georgetown and him dunking in the game vs UCONN i was just blown away.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Thats one of the reasons why he first impressed me. Watching him at Georgetown and him dunking in the game vs UCONN i was just blown away.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcJJ0p0oDkM

It's like all those bigs were cars and he was playing Frogger..... god almighty.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i don't look at him as an all-time great. . . one of the best scorers of his generation, yes-- but he couldn't defend at all, and wouldn't pass. . . give him credit for being as good as he was at his height, but IMO he really didn't do enough to help his teams win to get into the all-time conversation. . . he was an entertaining outlier, but i wouldn't put him on a level with guys like magic johnson, oscar robertson, jerry west, or even the likes of isaiah thomas or john stockton. . . JMO. . .

13. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I forgive you.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information