Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Allen Iverson: Where does he rank with some of the alltime greats in your opinion?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Allen Iverson: Where does he rank with some of the alltime greats in your opinion?

Watching a doc on Iverson right now and i know for myself i often forget about him as a player as he kind of gets lost within the other greats who have played. Maybe some of that had to do with his attitude and off the court issues as well. But he was a fabulous player from what i can remember both while he as at Georgetown and in the NBA. So for you basketball guys/gals how does Allen stack up in your opinion to some of the other great players at his position?

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

If I needed a guy to get fifty in any given night, I want him, Kobe, or Jordan. if I want a guy to carry a limited team, I want him. If I have a coach that can get through to him, I want him. He's one of the toughest ******** to ever play in the NBA. He got a lot of flak for being a volume shooter, but to quote Larry Brown "I told him to shoot a lot; it was the only way we were going to win."

I don't think there are 25 better players than him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    If I needed a guy to get fifty in any given night, I want him, Kobe, or Jordan. if I want a guy to carry a limited team, I want him. If I have a coach that can get through to him, I want him. He's one of the toughest ******** to ever play in the NBA. He got a lot of flak for being a volume shooter, but to quote Larry Brown "I told him to shoot a lot; it was the only way we were going to win."

How funny, that quote by Brown just played on the TV as i read your post. lol

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Disclaimer - I am a huge A.I. fan. I grew up watching that guy style on people. I am sympathetic to his ordeals in life, and felt he got the wrong end of the stick in the bowling alley incident, as well as the practice press conference. I also know that highlight reels can make anyone look good; not all highlight reels are created equally, though.

Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

He stepped over the Cavs' coach everyone. It was disrespectful.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Prior to this Doc i never even knew about the bowling alley incident. If there was a definition of being railroaded and profiled that incident with Iverson and his 3 buddies is a clear example of that. I was in disbelief that he was supposed to serve 5 years based on information that was extremely weak. He was even on video leaving and not participating in the skirmish.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Yeah, the Iverson case was bullshit from the word go. That case was about sending a message to the community. Especially because it was still contested who started the incident. Even if he had stayed (and it's pretty clear he left) at some point a person should have a right to defend themselves.

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

This is a classic match with Kobe and A.I. doing some absurd things on the court.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

His Game 1 performance in the Finals against the Lakers is an all-time great performance.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wow, even better than I remembered. 48 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, 5 steals.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post

Top 25 sounds about right. He's different than any other player in that echelon of NBA greats. Makes him hard to rank.

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I'm not sure I'd take him over Wade, but A.I. was a guy who could beat any team by himself. There's something special about that. He was the answer; even if the question changed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

I just remember how badly he crossed over on Kobe in that game. There's a highlight out there of it I'm sure.
    One of the most amazing BB moves I've ever seen against a top notch defender.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

He also crossed over on Jordan.

He crossed the whole damn league.

North, I watched that same documentary and the way he came off to me was a decent enough guy who wanted to do what he wanted to do, and was kind of offputting. He's not a bad dude, just marches to his own drum...even if he band ain't playing.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information