Thread: Alien 5 will have no connection to the 3rd and 4th sequels.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Alien 5 will have no connection to the 3rd and 4th sequels.

Doesnt actually really bother me that they are skipping 3 and 4 but.... 3 does have a direct connection with 2 so either this is going to be a alternative universe and Ripley and company dont crash land on the prison planet or they are going to say that she never died while on the prison planet. Will be interesting to see where they take this.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/alien/256802/sigourney-weaver-confirms-alien-5-story-plan

The 30th anniversary celebrations of James Cameron’s Aliens are getting underway, and as part of that, Sigourney Weaver has been speaking with Entertainment Weeklyabout the film. And, somewhat inevitably, the conversation shifted to Neill Blomkamp’s delayed Alien 5 movie, which is set to be a direct follow-on from Aliens. Blomkamp’s project has had to get in line as Ridley Scott makes Alien: Covenant and perhaps further Alien prequels (at least two more are planned, but it’s unclear if they have to be made before Alien 5 can get going), and per the original plan, it would have been shooting by now. Instead, it's in a little bit of limbo right now.

Blomkamp’s film is still an active project, though, and Weaver has revealed a few more details about the film. “It’s just as if, you know, the path forks and one direction goes off to three and four and another direction goes off to Neill’s movie,” she said, seemingly confirming that the idea is to overlook the third and fourth Alien films.

Noting the current wave of appreciation and nostalgia for Aliens, James Cameron also added that “I don’t normally pursue these kind of nostalgia moments like we’re going to do down at Comic-Con, and I didn’t do it much at all for Terminator on its 30th, but there’s something about Aliens. It was a milestone for myself and Gale because the film got seven Academy Award nominations.”

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Reminds me of "Black Ass/White Gash 5". Felt like a total departure from the last couple of films.

3. The Following 8 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Reminds me of "Black Ass/White Gash 5". Felt like a total departure from the last couple of films.
    I dont know, BA/WG 3 did have the character of Boobalicious in it so there is that connection.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yes. They definitely tried to squeeze too much plot into the back end of the film.
    Ruined it for me...sort of.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Yes. They definitely tried to squeeze too much plot into the back end of the film.
    Ruined it for me...sort of.
    I wasnt crazy about the POV camera angle either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I love Alien and Aliens II. I dislike part 3. Heh! it’s a goddamned stupid story with shaved heads. I wish they could delete the whole movie and redo the movie scripts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I always thought part 4 sucked but I love the third one.
    Especially the directors cut.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

I didn't like 3 and 4, and glad they are just "erasing their existence."
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

There was an Alien 4?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalImport View Post
    There was an Alien 4?
    Yea, Resurrection. It was the movie with Ripley clones.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I like em all. Except AVP that was a disgraceful Z movie. Obviously though 1 and 2 are the best. Requiem was at least better than AVP. and how can you not like Resurrection? That was friggin awesome!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I like em all. Except AVP that was a disgraceful Z movie. Obviously though 1 and 2 are the best. Requiem was at least better than AVP. and how can you not like Resurrection? That was friggin awesome!
    Agreed about Requiem being better than AVP. Resurrection was ok albeit a bit corny but i loved the fact that Perlman, Wincott, Dourif, and Dourdan were in it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information