Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: First Big News Story You Were Aware Of As A Kid?

I actually cried when Jimmy Carter got kilt in the election. I didn't know anything about politics. I think his soft spoken voice appealed to me. I remember my dad consoling me that it was a good thing he lost.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I actually cried when Jimmy Carter got kilt in the election. I didn't know anything about politics. I think his soft spoken voice appealed to me. I remember my dad consoling me that it was a good thing he lost.
    Ha! That is funny shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I remember during the 96 election I was in first grade and we had a class vote. Bob Dole won the election in our class, and some girl thought that meant that he would actually become the president. I told her she was dumb. And I wonder why I had such poor luck with women when I was in school.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    So for those who remember, how old were you when you were first aware of a news story? Kinda fun to see around what age we all became somewhat aware of the world around us. I guess I was 8 or 9 when 9/11 happened.
    Again so hard to say. I was very young when Elvis died and my Dad would rant about Carter - but what did I see on TV and actually remember?

But 8-9 for sure I have TV news memories.

Odd thing to think about with a 10 year old. What will she remember?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I guarantee my boys' first memory of news is probably the 2003 Iraq invasion. They were glued to the tv watching. I believe they were 5 & 6 or 6 & 7 yrs old.

Other than that.....none of my kids watch news. I don't blame them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I think Hillsboro disaster or the first Iraq war
    In order to avoid be corrected again for making P&R post outside P&R, I decide that I better create a thread in P&R to post what is not appropriate for the “chit chat” forum

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...14#post2506314

Dave, you need to read it
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    It seems weird to me that everyone's first recollection is coming so late in their lives... Like you guys really don't have any memories of news before being 8, 9 or 10?
    i remember diana dying in that tunnel. But it was like i didnt really understand it and what it meant.

9/11 was totally different as i was older.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    It seems weird to me that everyone's first recollection is coming so late in their lives... Like you guys really don't have any memories of news before being 8, 9 or 10?
    My 1st memory is from when I was 4 1/2, but it has noting to due with any major news story. Yes, I do remember watching Carter sign the Camp David accord, but it probably didn't come to my mind when giving my response because a 9 year old kid had no clue of its significance. I was unhappy at the time that they interrupted Battlestar Galactica to televise it.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

10. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    In order to avoid be corrected again for making P&R post outside P&R, I decide that I better create a thread in P&R to post what is not appropriate for the “chit chat” forum http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...14#post2506314 Dave, you need to read it
    I opted out of p&r a few months ago.

I know a fair bit about it though, we just had an inquest that blamed the police as responsible and highlighted their cover up.

Justice for the 96 is a long running protest slogan in the uk

12. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information