Thread: Jose Reyes drawing interest from Royals, according to former teammate

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Jose Reyes drawing interest from Royals, according to former teammate

The Rockies made it clear Wednesday that shortstop Jose Reyes will not be back in purple pinstripes.

The 33-year-old shortstop was designated for assignment, giving Colorado 10 days to trade or release him. With the likelihood that the Rockies will be forced to eat the $41 million remaining on his contract through 2017, another team could decide to take a chance on the former NL batting champion and only pay him the league minimum with the Rockies covering the rest.

According to Reyes’ former teammate Alex Cora — who cites “sources” — the Kansas City Royals are considering Reyes to play second base.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/17...rmer-teammate/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'd be surprised. The Royals brass have said they want to move forward with Whit Merrifield and Christian Colon at the position, even with Moustakas done for the year at third. It's a bit of a M.A.S.H. unit right now, so it'd be nice to add a piece, just not sure where a guy who can't field and can't hit would fit.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'd be surprised. The Royals brass have said they want to move forward with Whit Merrifield and Christian Colon at the position, even with Moustakas done for the year at third. It's a bit of a M.A.S.H. unit right now, so it'd be nice to add a piece, just not sure where a guy who can't field and can't hit would fit.
    He can't pitch either....which makes him a good fit for the Rockies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    He can't pitch either....which makes him a good fit for the Rockies.
    The Rockies have even less space for him with Trevor Story and an All-Star in the middle of the diamond. Granted Escobar isn't hitting very well at short for the Royals (.260 I believe), but his defense is light years ahead of Reyes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I think that would be a great move for the Royals
    I dont see it happening

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

7. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

What do you think about Merrifield? He seems promising. I picked him up on my fantasy team. I've got Moose Tacos on a couple teams, I wish I knew if he was coming back. What's going on with him?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    What do you think about Merrifield? He seems promising. I picked him up on my fantasy team. I've got Moose Tacos on a couple teams, I wish I knew if he was coming back. What's going on with him?
    Moustakas blew out his ACL. He's not coming back.

Merrifield has surprised. Seems like a guy who'd be a AAAA player most of his career. But if he hits around .300 (I think he's at .320+ right now), his defense is good enough to stick at second or be a super utility guy, because he can play all 7 positions.

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Merrifield has surprised. Seems like a guy who'd be a AAAA player most of his career. But if he hits around .300 (I think he's at .320+ right now), his defense is good enough to stick at second or be a super utility guy, because he can play all 7 positions.
    Shit. I didn't know it was that bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Jose Reyes signs Mets minor-league deal, expected to play for Brooklyn on Sunday

ATLANTA — The Mets once gave Jose Reyes his first break, signing him as a teenager out of the Dominican Republic. Now, 17 years later, they are poised to give the embattled veteran his second chance.

Reyes will return to the organization that made him a star. The team announced Saturday afternoon that he has signed a minor-league deal and will report to the Brooklyn Cyclones.

The Mets said he is expected to play in Sunday’s 4 p.m. Cyclones game in Coney Island against Hudson Valley before moving on to either Double-A Binghamton or Triple-A Las Vegas.
    rest - http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...lyn-1.11966626

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Seems like a guy who'd be a AAAA player most of his career.
    Wow, I had no idea there was a 4A league
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information