Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Sanders looking for 4 year deal, $12 million per year

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So now Sanders may be gone? lol
    "Now"? He's pretty much at the top of the list of people I've been ranting for a while about us losing next year because we do every deal at the last minute, when inflation's driven the cost to its highest point and we have NO leverage over guys who can take offers from EVERY team because they're no longer under contract.

There's been lots of talk for years about Elway "winning" free agency, but that equation has two sides: Luring away OTHER teams' FAs for bargain prices AND retaining your OWN. Elway's been nearly as bad at the second part, and as consistently, as he's been good at the first. But now he doesn't have the GoAT under center to convince aging All Pros their best shot at retiring with a Ring's worth a pay cut.

All that said, as much as I love Sanders (which is a lot) $12M/yr does sound a bit steep. If doable, $9-10M/yr with $5-10M more guaranteed sounds far better. More money for him, smaller cap hits for us: That's a win-win.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    "Now"? He's pretty much at the top of the list of people I've been ranting for a while about us losing next year because we do every deal at the last minute, when inflation's driven the cost to its highest point and we have NO leverage over guys who can take offers from EVERY team because they're no longer under contract.

There's been lots of talk for years about Elway "winning" free agency, but that equation has two sides: Luring away OTHER teams' FAs for bargain prices AND retaining your OWN. Elway's been nearly as bad at the second part, and as consistently, as he's been good at the first. But now he doesn't have the GoAT under center to convince aging All Pros their best shot at retiring with a Ring's worth a pay cut.

All that said, as much as I love Sanders (which is a lot) $12M/yr does sound a bit steep. If doable, $9-10M/yr with $5-10M more guaranteed sounds far better. More money for him, smaller cap hits for us: That's a win-win.
    I hope DT is ready to step up this year more than usual. If Sanders goes there wont be any other receiver on the squad to alleviate the double teams, etc.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

I'd gladly give Sanders the money we gave DT. I'd take him any day over Thomas.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'd gladly give Sanders the money we gave DT. I'd take him any day over Thomas.
    Uh oh, now you have done it. lol

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I hope DT is ready to step up this year more than usual. If Sanders goes there wont be any other receiver on the squad to alleviate the double teams, etc.
    Cody Latimer!

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Cody Latimer!
    Who?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Who?
    Next year is his breakout year. Just like last year.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

when does DT re-work his contract and give us some of that money back?

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Trust in latimer

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Who?

Kapri Bibbs!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Trust in latimer

I like Latimer.
    I was watching the few of our old games I could get on DVR after I lost all of my games. On quite a few of the big runs CJ had latimer was out in front blocking like a boss! The kid has hands too, hes just stuck behind Heman. I think he shows some good this year and sticks around or makes dt....i mean sanders more expendable.

---------------------------------------

Ideally Manny sanders is a 9 mil a year guy. I think he could get more and hes my fav WR we have, but I would not pay him 12+.
    I like DT, but manny does something DT has not ever done in his life as a bronco. He will dive for a catch. DT could be an absolute top 2 wr in the game if he would just dive for a ball or go up in traffic or fight for the ball. He is soft though. which is weird since he is such a big strong monster.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If Sanders leaves than just throw Taylor in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

What an incredible acquisition Sanders has been... It's even better when you think that the Chiefs had a verbal agreement in place with him during free agency, then Elway called and he left them hanging.

Pay him whatever he wants.

24. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What an incredible acquisition Sanders has been... It's even better when you think that the Chiefs had a verbal agreement in place with him during free agency, then Elway called and he left them hanging.

Pay him whatever he wants.
    Stealing him from the Chiefs is one of my favorite recent Bronco stories.

I would pay him the 12. Not sure how it could be squeezed in but I think he has the talent to match the deal.

If not us then he will get that contract and be a #1 on some other team, he is one that I would make sure I keep even if I am paying 2 WRs #1 money.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information