Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Usernames?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

My username is a combination of my kids' names Charlie and Zoe and the 60 is for the year the Broncos became a team and it was my HS number.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I am fat
    Wash yourself with a rag on a sick fat?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I don't remember.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

There was another guy in boot camp with the same first and last name as me so after some confusion for a few days when they would yell for Davis during mail call, or whatever other reason they could think of to yell at you, my DI decided that we were one person. So instead of two Davis' he decided we were to be known as "Davii" and anytime he, or any of the other DIs, decided to torture one of us we were both on the quarterdeck getting our asses kicked. Anyhow, that's how it started and I was around people from boot camp long enough into my career that it stuck and I was known as Davii up until I was a Staff Sergeant before it faded away. Every now and then I still hear it though, there are still three people that I served with that knew me as Davii from my younger days.

6. The Following 8 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Mine's pretty self explanatory.
    I live in a province called New Brunswick on the East coast of Canada.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Shazam was my favorite fighter in MK vs DC.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

9. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Mine is a name I've used for about 18 years now. I would go to a 'chat' site and talk about sports, politics, whatevers. The chat site had dozens of 'rooms'..depending on the topic of discussions. But they were not 'message' boards like this site, this was a 'chat' site. So almost like posting instant messages back and forth with a group of people.

The name 'Ravage' came about as a joke as I was getting pissy with someone, and made a pretty brutal remark. The next day, people in the chat room were teasing me about the fear they had that I was going to "ravage" that guy right before their eyes (obviously a cyber joke considering we are on the net). So I jokingly changed my name to Ravage.

But that site was one where you didn't 'log in' with the same name and password. You simply typed in your handle before entering the room. So you could simply change your name at will, every time you went into a room. But it wouldn't allow duplicate names. So if you got kicked, due to bad internet connection (and some day's that would happen quite a bit)...you would have to come back into the room with a 'different' name. Instead of having to explain "who you were"... people would generally add number to their handles so that the site would allow you back in (Ravage1 Ravage2...etc). Numbers didn't seem to do the name justice, so I continued to add !.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 06-14-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Back on the original site, I joined in 2005 when the Broncos were doing pretty well but getting no national attention. I went on to bitch about it with other fans. I came up with giveemlove, to which Lord Trychon shortened it to GEM, even though it should have been GEL. Everyone just used Gem, so when I signed up here, I just stuck with GEM.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Back on the original site, I joined in 2005 when the Broncos were doing pretty well but getting no national attention. I went on to bitch about it with other fans. I came up with giveemlove, to which Lord Trychon shortened it to GEM, even though it should have been GEL. Everyone just used Gem, so when I signed up here, I just stuck with GEM.
    I thought it was originally "giveelmove".

15. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Mine is a name I've used for about 18 years now. I would go to a 'chat' site and talk about sports, politics, whatevers. The chat site had dozens of 'rooms'..depending on the topic of discussions. But they were not 'message' boards like this site, this was a 'chat' site. So almost like posting instant messages back and forth with a group of people.

The name 'Ravage' came about as a joke as I was getting pissy with someone, and made a pretty brutal remark. The next day, people in the chat room were teasing me about the fear they had that I was going to "ravage" that guy right before their eyes (obviously a cyber joke considering we are on the net). So I jokingly changed my name to Ravage.

But that site was one where you didn't 'log in' with the same name and password. You simply typed in your handle before entering the room. So you could simply change your name at will, every time you went into a room. But it wouldn't allow duplicate names. So if you got kicked, due to bad internet connection (and some day's that would happen quite a bit)...you would have to come back into the room with a 'different' name. Instead of having to explain "who you were"... people would generally add number to their handles so that the site would allow you back in (Ravage1 Ravage2...etc). Numbers didn't seem to do the name justice, so I continued to add !.
    Ravage, kicking people around online since the dawn of the internet!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

God damn, Ravage is old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    God damn, Ravage is old.
    When I was a teenager in High School I was SysOp for a BBS (Bulletin Board System) that had over 100 users and acted as a node for email in northeast Pennsylvania. The site was called DAMnet, run by myself and another friend named Jon Seek. Sites like that were the precursor to the world wide web. You would call in to a local BBS (normally listed on the back page of a local network magazine) post messages in a forum like this, download nudie pics (20-30 mins for a VERY pixelated GIF of Samantha Fox), play an online text game or two, and send an email to someone. At night the BBS would call other BBSs in its network and transfer emails, those would then do the same, and so on until the email got to their intended point. It could take a few days to get email sent.

So... Ravage!! isn't old, he's experienced.

21. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    When I was a teenager in High School I was SysOp for a BBS (Bulletin Board System) that had over 100 users and acted as a node for email in northeast Pennsylvania. The site was called DAMnet, run by myself and another friend named Jon Seek. Sites like that were the precursor to the world wide web. You would call in to a local BBS (normally listed on the back page of a local network magazine) post messages in a forum like this, download nudie pics (20-30 mins for a VERY pixelated GIF of Samantha Fox), play an online text game or two, and send an email to someone. At night the BBS would call other BBSs in its network and transfer emails, those would then do the same, and so on until the email got to their intended point. It could take a few days to get email sent.

So... Ravage!! isn't old, he's experienced.
    My freindship with Ravage is predicated upon disrespect. Stop trying to destroy a beautiful thing, you monster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

23. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    My freindship with Ravage is predicated upon disrespect. Stop trying to destroy a beautiful thing, you monster.
    My apologies. Ravage!! sucks!!

25. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

I used to like Yahoo and Windows Live (MSN) Messengers.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information