Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Minicamp notes / pressers

Default Minicamp notes / pressers

Like the OTA thread, but mini!

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 21m21 minutes ago

#Broncos Demarcus ware is at practice but not wearing shoulder pads or helmet. Anunike watching as well

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 23m23 minutes ago

No Von Miller or Aqib Talib at #Broncos mandatory minicamp as expected.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos Mark Sanchez still wearing tape on left thumb... tight end Jeff Heurman appears full speed after dealing w hamstring issue last wk

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 40m40 minutes ago

#Broncos all-time leading WR Rod Smith here for minicamp watching receivers and chatting a bit with D.T.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 38m38 minutes ago

UFA WR Durron Neal dropped a punt return and got chewed out for an extended period of time by ST coach Joe DeCamillis.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 17m17 minutes ago

#Broncos safety Justin Simmons continues to be around the ball. Gets interception of lynch

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 15m15 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian just connected with Jordan Taylor on a 40+ yard rope down the field. Go route that Sunshine brought on with a nice catch.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

#Broncos Lynch continues to impress me with his ability to throw accurately on the run. Did it to the left just now. Looks good

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 23m23 minutes ago

#Broncos Emmanuel Sanders continues to look terrific in OTAs. Catches over shoulder TD from Sanchez

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 7m7 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak says Aqib Talib is expected to fly in this evening and be at Broncos facility tomorrow.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak said his No. 1 concern with Talib is health. Praised his character as a teammate and player since he's been here.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 6m6 minutes ago

Broncos have discussed a timetable for Talib getting back, but Kubiak didn't want to go into detail about that.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak was asked directly if Talib's GSW was self inflicted, did not answer. Said he will keep conversations with Talib private.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos had Mark Sanchez worked with first team today. Siemian second and Lynch third. Might change next week. But Sanchez had good day

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak on Devontae Booker: "I think we can probably turn him loose here next week. I don't know that we'll do that, but ..."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 3m3 minutes ago

With Aqib Talib absent, Bradley Roby will run in Talib's spot. Kayvon Webster will slide into Roby's spot in the nickel until Talib's return

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said things going in positive direction with Von on contract talks. Hopes to see him next week if possible.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak said DeMarcus Ware (back) "doing really good." Says there's been "real positive" progress recently.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

#Broncos Paxton Lynch said still working on verbiage of playbook. But happy w improvement

Paxton Lynch said he was a little jealous of the '15 team going to the White House, but "hopefully I can go go a couple times in my career."

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post

#Broncos Paxton Lynch said still working on verbiage of playbook. But happy w improvement

Paxton Lynch said he was a little jealous of the '15 team going to the White House, but "hopefully I can go go a couple times in my career."
    I hope Lynch can go several times with the Broncos.

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Did Kubiak really praise Talib's character?

That's a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said things going in positive direction with Von on contract talks. Hopes to see him next week if possible.
    Since this is my ideal line up anyway, I just want to state for the record that if Talib disappears on his way back from TX, I have an alibi.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Did Kubiak really praise Talib's character?

That's a new one.
    He did say as a player and teammate. I've never questioned Talibs work ethic or commitment; Attila the Hun understandably never got invited to church socials, but I'm sure he was a tireless worker and loyal colleague (though I don't think he ever accused a fragile pint-sized Roman of deliberately injuring him with a dirty move, then JOINED the Romans two years later.)

$10M is a lot of cap space to spend on a 30-year-old speed player whose streetfighting style costs him games due to suspension and/or injury pretty much annually. If we didn't have THREE very good CBs well under 30 AND under contract (though I believe Webster's a RFA next year; need to take care of that sooner than later) I might feel differently, but the fact is we do, so I don't.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

13. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Since this is my ideal line up anyway, I just want to state for the record that if Talib disappears on his way back from TX, I have an alibi.

He did say as a player and teammate. I've never questioned Talibs work ethic or commitment; Attila the Hun understandably never got invited to church socials, but I'm sure he was a tireless worker and loyal colleague (though I don't think he ever accused a fragile pint-sized Roman of deliberately injuring him with a dirty move, then JOINED the Romans two years later.)

$10M is a lot of cap space to spend on a 30-year-old speed player whose streetfighting style costs him games due to suspension and/or injury pretty much annually. If we didn't have THREE very good CBs well under 30 AND under contract (though I believe Webster's a RFA next year; need to take care of that sooner than later) I might feel differently, but the fact is we do, so I don't.
    He's our #1 corner. He's the best player in our secondary at the current moment. Wade, Gary, and John think he's worth the money. Forgive me for thinking they're probably right and you're most likely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    He's our #1 corner. He's the best player in our secondary at the current moment. Wade, Gary, and John think he's worth the money. Forgive me for thinking they're probably right and you're most likely wrong.
    Chris Harris Jr. is our #1 CB: Talib's just a hired gun (in several senses, apparently including the literal one) who viciously and deliberately facemasks people to make up for blown coverage, then publicly admits it was a business decision. Until a few days ago I wondered whether that incident and admission would mean he began the season on (yet) a(nother) suspension; now we'll have to see if his leg's well enough to play Opening Day whether he's allowed to or not.

Add to that he's costing $10M of cap space that will grow to $12M next year, and CBs tend to lose their legs "fast" after 30 even when they DON'T put a bullet through one of them. Going from Harris, Talib and sometimes Roby to Harris, Roby and sometimes Webster wouldn't be a big step down (if any,) but WOULD be SOLID for the next 5 years for FAR less money.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

I'm not remotely optimistic we wouldn't have a huge drop off if Webster moved into the lineup and Talib moved out.

Talib is a top 5 corner and beings a nasty physical presence to his position only a few guys do.

He's more than a hired gun *snicker*

Chris Harris Jr. is our #1 CB: Talib's just a hired gun (in several senses, apparently including the literal one) who viciously and deliberately facemasks people to make up for blown coverage, then publicly admits it was a business decision. Until a few days ago I wondered whether that incident and admission would mean he began the season on (yet) a(nother) suspension; now we'll have to see if his leg's well enough to play Opening Day whether he's allowed to or not.

Add to that he's costing $10M of cap space that will grow to $12M next year, and CBs tend to lose their legs "fast" after 30 even when they DON'T put a bullet through one of them. Going from Harris, Talib and sometimes Roby to Harris, Roby and sometimes Webster wouldn't be a big step down (if any,) but WOULD be SOLID for the next 5 years for FAR less money.
    Antonio Brown endorses this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

18. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

This time last year, along with bigging up latimer, I stated talib was our most over rated player and that I still preferred DRC

then last season happened, sometimes Joel, it's best to acknowledge an erroneous position as opposed to clinging to it in the hope you will be proved right eventually.

As of the last game we played. Talib was our number one corner. The dude and his attitude epitomized our defensive identity last year

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

No, Talib is the number one corner. Hired gun? No, a hired gun is guy who is one to two year rental. Btw the money that Talib is getting is the kind of money that is given two a number one corner.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

You don't know more than John, Gary, and Wade. Nice try, and thanks for playing though.

This doesn't have to be a Harris vs Talib argument (though I would be on team Harris, FWIW). Can't we be happy that we have two top CB's at the same time? Each is better because they have the other one (and a tremendous pass rush) than they would be individually.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information