Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Muhammad Ali and the fight game

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I enjoy a title fight as much as the next guy. Your description has me excited.
    i was on my feet a few times in the fight - in my living room, on my own. granted i gad a few firestone union jack ipas in me, but nonetheless i was excited!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Those firestones are good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Those firestones are good.
    hell yeah they are!!

4. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

One of the best fights I've seen in a while.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Antony Joshua and Vladimir Klitschko traded blows like light middle weights - both were out on their feet in the 5 and 6th rounds - then Joshua stopped him in the 11th - knocked him down twice in that round before the ref stepped in

It was a great fight live, a few down rounds between 7-10 and 1-3 were quite slow, but for a heavy weight fight, it was fireworks!!!
    I am so excited that that fight happened. You guys have some amazing heavyweights over there. I think the only fight that needs to happen now is Wilder vs Joshua. I think Wilder has freak is power but Joshua is just a very very athletic and talented big man.

8. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Antony Joshua and Vladimir Klitschko traded blows like light middle weights - both were out on their feet in the 5 and 6th rounds - then Joshua stopped him in the 11th - knocked him down twice in that round before the ref stepped in

It was a great fight live, a few down rounds between 7-10 and 1-3 were quite slow, but for a heavy weight fight, it was fireworks!!!
    I think the thing that impressed me most about Joshua in that fight was the way he got his legs back. After he punched himself out trying to knock him out after the first knockdown I thought he was done.

10. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I think the thing that impressed me most about Joshua in that fight was the way he got his legs back. After he punched himself out trying to knock him out after the first knockdown I thought he was done.
    He got rocked a few times as well by Klitschko - I though he was done in the 4th or 5th round (don't remember which).

The whole thing reminded me of the first Rocky movie.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Default Muhammad Ali and the fight game

watch the post-fight press conference. It's easy to forget that this kid and boxing terms is relatively young I mean he's 19 fights under his belt. Well belts pun intended. I just really like him I like wild or a lot and the American Homer in me wants to think that while there could beat him but I just don't think Wilder is nearly as polished even though he's had so many more fights

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I don't think wilder is in his league, but I think he's the closest to him.

I honestly think Joshua could have a 25-0 career and a knock out percentage of 100%

He should fight wilder next, see who else is they're worth fighting, knock out a few bums then retire.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He got rocked a few times as well by Klitschko - I though he was done in the 4th or 5th round (don't remember which). The whole thing reminded me of the first Rocky movie.
    The fifth round was total Hollywood!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I honestly think Joshua could have a 25-0 career and a knock out percentage of 100%

He should fight wilder next, see who else is they're worth fighting, knock out a few bums then retire.
    There's that stud heavyweight from New Zealand. He reminds me of Evander Holyfield but I just don't see him being able to deal with the size of either Wilder or Joshua. I hope that Wilder and Joshua have one of those amazing three fights Series where one guy wins one andthe other guy wins two and they go around as as one of the greatest rivalries in the history of boxing. It's pretty cool that there's actually been a decent Resurgence in the heavyweight because it's been a long time since we've seen legitimately good Heavies. I think Josh is going to destroy Tyson Fury.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

and the funny thing about how about fight will go is that Tyson Fury talked a lot about jab and grab from Klitschko. I think the only way Fury last into the middle rounds in a Joshua fight is if he employs that exact tactic
    Last edited by Jsteve01; 04-30-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Tyson fury is a joke.

Joshua will take him out in two rounds, do would wilder, do would klitchko if they ever fought again.

I hate fury!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Did Trump and King fix Tyson-Douglas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

There were some really good fights last night on Fox. Every one a knock out, but tons of action in all three bouts.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information