Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 World Cup

Default 2010 World Cup

Well, the Mexicans tied host country South Africa today 1-1. Uruguay and France square off later today at 1:30 CST.

The United States team faces off against England tomorrow at 1:30 CST.

England should be the toughest opponent for the Americans in group play. We have some new young talent on the roster this year. It should be interesting.

My favorites to win it all are Spain and Argentina. The Dutch might make a run as well, and the Germans and Italian teams are always strong.

Brasil is good every year.

2. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

i hope the USA beats england and makes the team spend the rest of summer cleaning up the beaches of the gulf !

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Well I must say I'm on the South Africa Band Wagon this year enjoyed their match against Mexico shame they didn't win though. France on the other hand were awful I expected better from them and Uruguay. England have hyped them self up to much and have put them selfs under pressure and I cant see them getting any further than the Quater Final. I think Argentina are in with a good shout to win this one, but then again you can never tell until you see evreyone play, it should be good!
    Last edited by Obi-Wan; 06-11-2010 at 06:05 PM.

6. The Following User High Fived Obi-Wan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Well I must say I'm on the South Africa Band Wagon this year enjoyed their match against Mexio shame they didn't win though. France on the other hand were awful I expected better from them and Uruguay. England have hyped them self up to much and have put them selfs under pressure and I cant see them getting any further than the Quater Final. I think Argentina are in with a good shout to win this one, but then again you can never tell until you see evreyone play, it should be good!
    England hype themselves too much up every 4 years
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

I tried to watch the USA/England match today......and just couldn't take it anymore.
    IMO.....it is just too boring to watch....and that damn buzzing sound is enough to drive anyone nuts.

I hope the USA does well though.....
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I watched the first half of Korea vs. whoever yesterday, and I have had my soccer fill for 4 years.

The US got lucky as hell yesterday The English goalkeeper gave us one. Watching the US try to advance the ball is painful/ I don't care for our style of play at all. We have absolutely no fluidity what so ever. There was about 25 minutes in the second half where it seemed we couldn't advance the ball if we were playing 11 on 5.

I'd love to see us bring in a foreign coach. I'm not a big fan of Bradley.

We should be extremely happy to come away with a point against a superior English squad.

I can tell there's not much interest in this here, but football is the worlds game, not American football.

I have found it poor so far not one team has impressed me.

Saying that I feel that this World Cup will belong to one man. Ronaldo. I would say Rooney but we seem to prefer to give the ball to a donkey called Heskey rather than the white Pele.
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

12. The Following User High Fived ManchesterBroncoLUHG For This Post:

Spain has to win it all this year. No smack, they remind me of the Chargers of 06 and this past year, but even more so because they have no business NOT playing in the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I can tell there's not much interest in this here, but football is the worlds game, not American football.
    We already have three #1 sports. I learned to love it 4 years ago but the rest of my family on my mom's side have been breathing it for life.

15. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

For every World Cup since I can remember I have fancied Spain but this year just don't see it. I think it is because it's everyones favourite. Saying that I don't think the winners have played as yet. None of the teams who have played look good enough, I know it's the first games but still. Let's see how Germany do here.
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

The Spanish team should do well DS. I like Fabregas' game a lot. I wish we had a midfield like theirs.

Watching the US team try to put two passes together is like watching Kyle Orton pick up a third and 8.

...and LUHG, I'm real glad it was Heskey's foot on a few of those and not Rooney's. Good luck the rest of the way.

18. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Same to USA
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

This is better by Germany. Harsh red then though.
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Chief organizer: Trumpet ban possible

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...cc=5901?ver=us

The soundtrack to the World Cup has been a steady buzz, but the noise could soon be coming to an end.

South Africa's World Cup organizing chief Danny Jordaan said Sunday there is a chance vuvuzelas may be banned from inside stadiums after numerous complaints, BBC News has reported.

Asked whether he'd consider getting rid of the trumpets, he said: "If there are grounds to do so, yes. We did say that if any land on the pitch in anger we will take action."

France captain Patrice Evra has already blamed the noise generated by the vuvuzelas for his team's poor showing in its opening 0-0 draw with Uruguay.

"We can't sleep at night because of the vuvuzelas," Evra said. "People start playing them from 6 a.m. We can't hear one another out on the pitch because of them."

Jordaan said organizers are doing everything possible.

"We've tried to get some order," Jordaan said. "We have asked for no vuvuzelas during national anthems or stadium announcements. It's difficult, but we're trying to manage the best we can."

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information