Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Durant will have many options, but OKC looks most likely

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Kevin Durant will have many options, but OKC looks most likely

OAKLAND, Calif. -- We did not just witness Kevin Durant's farewell game in Oklahoma City Thunder colors.

At least that's how it felt here late Monday night.

We'd love to be more declarative than that, giving you all of July's news today, but it's not feasible to go much further with the subject of Durant's future at the moment, essentially one month out from the beginning of his first real foray into free agency.
    AND

As covered in this cyberspace in May, when we detailed the San Antonio Spurs' plan to make a free-agent run at No. 35, most of the league's best-placed observers on the subject continue to see Durant's most probable choice as staying in OKC for the short term. That would mean signing a two-year deal with a player option after Year 1 that allows him to return to free agency in July 2017 ... alongside Russell Westbrook.
    full article - http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016...e-agency-looms

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Durant blown away and impressed by presentation by the Clippers

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...B&sf30139133=1

Kevin Durant and the Los Angeles Clippers met for approximately four hours Friday night in the Hamptons, and sources close to the situation say Durant was "blown away" by the Clippers' presentation.Clippers owner Steve Ballmer, president Doc Rivers, executive vice president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan were present at the meeting.

According to a source, Durant was incredibly impressed by the vision and direction of the Clippers and made a strong connection with those at the meeting.

Chris Paul did not make it to the meeting but spoke to Durant beforehand and made his pitch over the phone; the two have talked throughout the process, including last week, sources told ESPN.

Why would he want to play with an aging Chris Paul, a limited Jordan, and Blake Doucher Griffin? Like it's an impressive team, but he would be better served in OKC (presuming WB stays longterm), SA, or the GSW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wake me up when Woj tweets it. Broussard is a blowhard.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It does get me thinking a little bit though. For guys like Jordan and Lebron, both have been to quite a few finals appearances within their first 10 years in the league. And i know KD has been to at least one but at what point do you actually consider moving on from OKC if you feel they cant quite get you and team over the hump? I mean, time passes by quickly. I didnt even realize KD was in the league as long as he has been. Does anyone who follows OKC more closely think the team is good enough or close enough to make a run to a few finals appearances and possible championships? Im not saying OKC isnt good but when do you as a player start to consider going to another place that might give you a better chance at a ring or at least the opportunity for one?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    It does get me thinking a little bit though. For guys like Jordan and Lebron, both have been to quite a few finals appearances within their first 10 years in the league. And i know KD has been to at least one but at what point do you actually consider moving on from OKC if you feel they cant quite get you and team over the hump? I mean, time passes by quickly. I didnt even realize KD was in the league as long as he has been. Does anyone who follows OKC more closely think the team is good enough or close enough to make a run to a few finals appearances and possible championships? Im not saying OKC isnt good but when do you as a player start to consider going to another place that might give you a better chance at a ring or at least the opportunity for one?
    I think they are. They should've won Game 6 of the western conference finals and gone on to the Finals this year.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

The ultimate irony is that KD and Durant would play perfectly with one another.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The ultimate irony is that KD and Durant would play perfectly with one another.
    They cloned Durant? You'd think this would've been bigger news.

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They cloned Durant? You'd think this would've been bigger news.
    #styledon
    #deadthatboyis
    #ohlawd
    #callmymomma

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    they're good enough. . . i still think presti blew it big time when he let harden walk so they could keep a worthless perkins, and extremely average ibaka-- if he'd kept harden and rebuilt the front court then instead, they may have have been back to the finals already-- and yes, they should have gone this year. . . plus, a couple of the past few seasons were wasted because durant got hurt. . . also, brooks was a shitty george karl disciple who couldn't run with the big boys-- even as a rookie, billy donovan was clearly a huge upgrade at coach, for as much as that's worth in the NBA. . . if they can re-sign russ and KD, they're as good as anyone right now. . .

I thought Ikaka was one of the best defenders in the league? Perkins died when he tore his ACL against the Lakers. That was his career.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I thought Ikaka was one of the best defenders in the league? Perkins died when he tore his ACL against the Lakers. That was his career.
    yea, he was nice. . . not a game-changer or anything. . . harden absolutely was-- dude is an MVP-caliber scorer, not even oakland can touch bringing that guy off the bench to run the second unit. . . he took a ton of pressure off KD and westbrook, they've struggled ever since to find someone else who can make plays on the second team, or be effective at all at shooting guard. . . dudes who can block shots are so much easier to find. . . even as a completely useless defender, harden's still a top ten kind of guy-- ibaka's what, maybe top thirty or forty? not saying he sucks or anything, but their impact isn't comparable. . . it's not like OKC was some defensive force with serge. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yea, he was nice. . . not a game-changer or anything. . . harden absolutely was-- dude is an MVP-caliber scorer, not even oakland can touch bringing that guy off the bench to run the second unit. . . he took a ton of pressure off KD and westbrook, they've struggled ever since to find someone else who can make plays on the second team, or be effective at all at shooting guard. . . dudes who can block shots are so much easier to find. . . even as a completely useless defender, harden's still a top ten kind of guy-- ibaka's what, maybe top thirty or forty? not saying he sucks or anything, but their impact isn't comparable. . . it's not like OKC was some defensive force with serge. . .
    Had they kept Harden, wouldn't they have just had to let him walk this season anyway? As far as I understand it, no team can afford three max contracts if it comes from a team that is resigning its player.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Had they kept Harden, wouldn't they have just had to let him walk this season anyway? As far as I understand it, no team can afford three max contracts if it comes from a team that is resigning its player.
    that i have no idea about, but to me it's not relevant anyway. . . IMO, the important question is whether they could have gone back to the finals in the meantime. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    that i have no idea about, but to me it's not relevant anyway. . . IMO, the important question is whether they could have gone back to the finals in the meantime. . .
    I don't think teams CAN think like that, though. GM's have to constantly build for the future - and in defense of the GM, he kept a title contending team mostly together while being able to craft contract/cap room to the point that he could keep WB and KD together.

22. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information