Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Durant will have many options, but OKC looks most likely

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I get it, he's still young and maybe doesn't wanna stay in Oklahoma forever. But I really expected him to stay at least one more year. If after that year he decided to leave I could respect that. I respect this decision a whole lot less.

2. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Dear Terry Rimmer, whoever you are,

Durant's not the *******. You are for putting that on the Internet.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Guys are scared of becoming Barkley or Ewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

@ShamsCharania: Vertical Sources: Free agent center Zaza Pachulia has agreed to a one-year, $2.9M deal to sign with the Golden State Warriors.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Dear Terry Rimmer, whoever you are,

Durant's not the *******. You are for putting that on the Internet.
    What did he put on the internet? I just hi-fived it out of you cussing. I like cussing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The meltdown on the interwebs over this is delicious.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    What did he put on the internet? I just hi-fived it out of you cussing. I like cussing.
    It's the Vine in aberdein's post. Guy filming his kid in a pool and telling the kid Kevin Durant is leaving. Looks a little staged, but I hate those videos. That's just cruel.

Also, for those who may not know Pachulia (look, Joe, no Google!), and I know it's a popularity contest, but he finished second in all star center voting last year and he's going to play for $2.9 million next year.

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The Lost Ogle ‏@TheLostOgle 5h5 hours ago
    The next time KD rips the heart out of an entire state, maybe wait to do it on a day liquor stores are open

KD deserves a lot of respect for staying in OKC this long and for being a player and a person worthy of being the face of a franchise. He did a lot for the state as a whole. But I hope the Warriors have a colossal meltdown and KD regrets his decision.

14. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    The Lost Ogle ‏@TheLostOgle 5h5 hours ago
    The next time KD rips the heart out of an entire state, maybe wait to do it on a day liquor stores are open

KD deserves a lot of respect for staying in OKC this long and for being a player and a person worthy of being the face of a franchise. He did a lot for the state as a whole. But I hope the Warriors have a colossal meltdown and KD regrets his decision.
    I have a hard time believing that Oklahomans are having trouble finding booze today. I'm sorry for your loss.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

https://www.facebook.com/laurie.padg...04103405224927

"Folks, you can be sad about KD's decision. You can disagree with KD's decision. You can be heartbroken, angry, disillusioned, bitter, and go on a three day bender over KD's decision. But before you start ripping him to shreds and burning him in effigy, try and remember what he did for the state of Oklahoma. All of the community outreach, serving on the lines after the Moore tornado, donating his own money to rebuild, challenging Nike and Chesapeake to match his donation (and getting it), investing in our schools...you name it, Kevin Durant gave his all to our state, on and off the court for all these years. You want to be angry at him as a basketball player, fine, but don't tear him down as a man. Don't burn his jerseys. Show him the same respect he showed us for the last 7 years."

I can't hate that man.

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I have zero issue with Durant leaving, just like I had zero issue with LeBron doing it. But it does suck as an NBA fan, especially a fan of a playoff team, that the finals are basically sealed up for next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    :hard:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I haven't felt this bad since the day after the SB loss to Seattle.

That was still worse, but damn, this sucks. i am really perplexed by this move. I thought KD had more leadership and moxy in him. It's not him leaving OKC, it's going to Golden State that really feels like a stake through the heart.

Brilliant move by Golden State. . .absolutely cripple the toughest competition you have. They didn't want to play OKC with Durant, Westbrook, Oladipo, Adams etc.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

I don't have a problem with him going to Golden State..... but this is exactly what the NBA didn't want. It's really their fault for not coming up with something solid within their system to keep huge amounts of money being dumped onto teams that would allow "Super Teams" to be built. It's one thing for a team to do it through drafting and making good trades. But when you are just able to simply give tons of cash to any any top player in the league and sign them, then that's a bad thing for the league.

On the other hand, I still find myself looking 'down' a little bit purely because it's such a "I'm going to go to the best team in the NBA and win a ring" move. Which sucks, because I really like Durant. I remember this feeling back when watching that a-hole Deion Sanders doing the same thing, going between the top teams in the NFL at the time. Switching between Dallas and San Fran.. chasing those rings. The difference then, was I already thought of Sanders as being a dick.....but Durant hasn't been a dick. So it's a mixed bag on this one.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Q&A: Thunder GM Sam Presti discusses Kevin Durant's exit

The Oklahoma City Thunder rolled snake eyes.

Try as you might to explain the free agency shocker that was Kevin Durant agreeing to sign with the Golden State Warriors, the truth of the matter is that it was a perfect (Thunder) storm of bad luck.

What if Oklahoma City hadn’t coughed up its 3-1 lead to the Warriors in the Western Conference Finals? Chances are, Durant stays. What if Golden State doesn’t cough up its 3-1 lead against the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Finals? Chances are, Durant stays. And what if the NBA had found a way to suppress this massive salary cap spike (from $70 million to $94 million) that is a result of their television deal with ESPN and Turner? Chances are, Durant stays.

Instead, Thunder general manager Sam Presti headed home on Monday night with every reason to wonder why the dice had to leave him so decimated.
    AND
    Presti took some time on Monday night to discuss Durant’s exit with USA TODAY Sports. Not surprisingly, he took the high road while reflecting on the former MVP with whom he had grown so close. But make no mistake, from Presti on down, this one will hurt the Thunder for a while.
    full article - questions and answers - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...iors/86698372/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information