Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Durant will have many options, but OKC looks most likely

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    cant even compare this to what Lebron did.
    Before LBJ signed to the Heat Wade and Bosh had already signed there, and LBJ had meetings with them. I.E. the Heat already had two stars waiting for LBJ...the Warriors have two stars waiting for Durant....that's apt. Both teams had a star shooting guard with a ring....that's apt.... The only real differences which exist are twofold. The first of which can be found in the the Warriors team was already dominant whereas the Heat team which had won titles was largely gone sans D-Wade. Secondly, the Heat team is not established as a cohesive unit...

But yeah, it's a pretty fair comparison. If you're a LBJ fan you don't get to take shots at Durant for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Players react to Kevin Durant leaving Thunder to join Warriors

Here are a few

Paul Pierce

@paulpierce34

If u can't beat um join um 🤔
    11:42 AM - 4 Jul 2016

Rudy Gobert

@rudygobert27

Wow.. Only problem there's only 1 ball...
    12:12 PM - 4 Jul 2016

Jusuf Nurkić @nurkic23

Somebody beat you ! And you go there... ? Superstar not doing that man..
    10:07 AM - 4 Jul 2016

Spencer Dinwiddie

@SDinwiddie_25

Lost in all this we may see a historic run from Westbrook next season..
    10:28 AM - 4 Jul 2016

rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...state-warriors

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

3. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Be quiet Jusuf.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Teams are not even close.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Thunder have decision to make with Russell Westbrook

The Oklahoma City Thunder potentially have a major decision to make with Russell Westbrook after the departure of Kevin Durant.

One option the team is considering is attempting to renegotiate and extend the contract of Westbrook before he can become a free agent after next season, sources told ESPN.

If Westbrook chooses not to extend his contract this summer, multiple league executives told ESPN they believe the Thunder will consider fielding trade offers for Westbrook.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...sell-westbrook

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

7. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

If he doesn't resign with them they need to trade him right now.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Mavericks agree to trade for Andrew Bogut, will sign Harrison Barnes

The Dallas Mavericks will be adding a pair of Golden State Warriors -- forward Harrison Barnes and center Andrew Bogut -- in the wake of Kevin Durant's decision, according to league sources.

The Warriors and Mavs have agreed to a trade that will send Bogut into Dallas' cap space, according to league sources. The Mavs also reached a verbal agreement on a four-year, $94 million maximum deal with Barnes.

Sources told ESPN that the Warriors will renounce their rights to Barnes as a restricted free agent with Durant heading to Golden State, meaning there will be no three-day waiting period while his previous team ponders whether to match the offer.

The Warriors need to shed Bogut's $11 million salary to create cap space to sign Durant to a two-year, $54.3 million deal. Sources say the Warriors are inclined to send Bogut, a good friend of Barnes', to a destination he likes
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...llas-mavericks

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default With Kevin Durant walking, where do Thunder go from here?

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma City Thunder practice facility was quiet on Monday, with few cars in the parking lot and only a couple of staffers coming and going. The organization had been bracing itself for the worst possible news it could receive: Kevin Durant wasn't only leaving, but he was choosing the team that eliminated the Thunder, the Golden State Warriors.

The fallout will take days, weeks, maybe even months for everyone involved with the organization to digest how the franchise player could walk away from the franchise he built. But the Thunder now move on and have questions to answer.

Like the most obvious one: What happens now with All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook?

The Thunder rolled the dice with Durant, opting to silence any idea they would trade him before he hit free agency. The then-Hornets, Magic and Nuggets all went through that -- with Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony, respectively -- but dealt their stars and at least got something back instead of letting their foundational piece walk for nothing. The Thunder believed they could do enough to convince Durant to stay. They didn't, and now they're left with nothing. No real cap space to sign a replacement. No Plan B to retool and challenge the new SuperWarriors.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/okc-thunder/...r-go-from-here

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Independence Day is ruined.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Independence Day is ruined.
    I've been fairly entertained.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I'd like to see a finals rematch again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'd like to see a finals rematch again.
    It's kind of inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It's kind of inevitable.
    Yeah...by proxy you're either a GSW or Cle fan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Yeah...by proxy you're either a GSW or Cle fan.
    Who might have a legitimate shot at an upset in the west? A healthy Clippers team? Spurs?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Royce Young ‏@royceyoung 7h7 hours ago
    It's a hard thing to comprehend and digest, because literally everything Durant has said the last eight years runs counter to this decision.

Royce Young ‏@royceyoung 7h7 hours ago
    The final four minutes Game 6 seriously has altered the Thunder franchise forever. As if it already wasn't hard enough to get over...

19. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information