Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Durant will have many options, but OKC looks most likely

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you're reaching. . . golden state is a hell of a team, but they weren't a true super team before KD joined up. . . klay and dray aren't superstars, and more so that team was also organically grown, much like the bulk of those bird celtics and magic lakers. . . and OKC wasn't that far behind GS, either-- hell, they were up 3-1 on them before they choked it away, and their two best guys were better than the warriors two best. . . yes, trading harden was dumb-- but now you're overstating its importance as much as layne was understating it. . .

you're just trolling with "durant is a hero". . . probably some leftover butthurt about bron winning. . .
    Hold on a second - So the team that just went back-to-back finals appearances, with the best shooter ever, and two other stars on that team, with insane bench depth, wasn't a super team?

What?

Durant is a hero. I had no issue with Bron leaving, either, which is well documented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell
    Kevin Durant talks to @NickDePaula about his signature shoe price rising from $88 a pair to $150 a pair

He's my hero. It's been real, Boston, but I ride with Durant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Hold on a second - So the team that just went back-to-back finals appearances, with the best shooter ever, and two other stars on that team, with insane bench depth, wasn't a super team?

What?
    not in this specific context, no. . . call them a fantastic team, an incredible tea, whatever. . . but the way i'm using it here, "super team" has very particular connotations-- it implies a team being formed through player movement, with already-established stars. . .

6. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Klay Thompson and Green are considered superstars, at least for the past two years.

Until they win at least 3 Championships...and that has to be in 4 years (imo)..they aren't a "Super Team." Win 3 in a row, or 3 in 4 years. If not that, then it's not a "dynasty." If it doesn't have a dynasty, it certainly isn't a 'super team.'

Plus, a "super team'...that just won the most games in NBA history season, and went to the finals twice in a row.... DOES NOT need to go out and sign a top 5 player in the offseason. If they were a 'super team'....then they wouldn't need that 'help.'
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Until they win at least 3 Championships...and that has to be in 4 years (imo)..they aren't a "Super Team." Win 3 in a row, or 3 in 4 years. If not that, then it's not a "dynasty." If it doesn't have a dynasty, it certainly isn't a 'super team.'

Plus, a "super team'...that just won the most games in NBA history season, and went to the finals twice in a row.... DOES NOT need to go out and sign a top 5 player in the offseason. If they were a 'super team'....then they wouldn't need that 'help.'
    They probably didn't NEED him. They still would have been the favorites to win it all next year without him. But WHY NOT sign him if you have the chance? Should you not try to get better as a team just because you are the favorites?

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    They probably didn't NEED him. They still would have been the favorites to win it all next year without him. But WHY NOT sign him if you have the chance? Should you not try to get better as a team just because you are the favorites?
    He's not arguing they shouldn't.

Dog wrote something about creating "super teams". King argued that they already were a super team. Ravage countered no they weren't yet.

12. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

I don't understand how a team with three players considered to be superstars isn't a team. Especially when when LBJ went to Miami they said those guys were building a super team. If it comes down to players join in free agency to have a superteam, then I think that distinction is fine, if not superfluous.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Russell Westbrook played a big role in Kevin Durant's decision to sign with Golden State

Do you know what Oklahoma City guard Russell Westbrook is going to do when he becomes a free agent next summer?

There's almost no chance that he returns to Oklahoma City —€” not now that Kevin Durant is a member of the Golden State Warriors and the Thunder are no longer title contenders.
    AND

Knowing the answer to that question is everything. Oklahoma City isn't a title contender unless both Durant and Westbrook are there. Oklahoma City just isn't an attractive option for a free agent without Westbrook, just as it isn't a title contender without Durant.

That was a problem --€” according to people close to the situation -- Westbrook couldn't guarantee Durant or the Thunder that he would stay in OKC if Durant did. He was noncommittal, flippant, and that scared Durant.

Westbrook is an amazing player, but he's a notch below the 2014 MVP. Yet, in a way, Westbrook was in control of Durant's future.

That didn't sit well.

Westbrook and Durant have a complicated relationship, but Durant's free agency highlighted that the relationship was one of convenience and not a real bond.
    full article - http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/k...n-quote-070716

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

I've been saying it. Carol, you are a goddess.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Whooooops.

Guess all the Durant hate was misdirected.

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Whooooops.

Guess all the Durant hate was misdirected.
    Hating a guy whose franchise has another star player that wants to leave and that also traded away another star because they're cheap is dumb.

Thinking that a guy can't love a community, teammates, fans, and franchise and also leave because of a business decision is also dumb.

Hating a guy because he wants to actually win and not look back at his career and see himself because a Barkley, Ewing, or Miller is dumb.

Hating Durant is dumb.

Durant is the new NBA hero.

#ridewithDurant
    #OKCknowshowSeattlefelt
    #Dubs

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I don't t hink I saw any hate for Durant...but just merely points that no matter what happens, now....he's always going to look like he simply jumped on the fast train. He jumped on the team taht was the best in the NBA, and was already considered the best before he was on the roster. So winning a championship is going to have that "eh" feeling for all the observers. He'll have that ring, but will always have the * with everyone knowing .."yeah but..."

So it is what it is...but it's not hate.

But he ain't no hero neither!
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 07-08-2016 at 04:10 PM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

23. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information