Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Fandom is Broken

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Perhaps the child grows up to be a president or a doctor or the next Terrell Davis. Does shooting the gorilla seem a little smarter now? Would the gorilla find a cure for cancer or rebuild an inner city? Or maybe the kid grows up to be a drug-selling ghetto rat who has issues for the rest of his life because mommy wouldn't stop him from falling into a moat. Then maybe the gorilla was doing us all a favor by offing the punk before he grew up to be a thug with a record as long as his old man's. We don't know at this point so we gave the kiddo the benefit of the doubt and spared him by killing the ape.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

We are carnivorous animals. We raise other animals to eat. Those animals would not exist if we didn't raise them to eat. Life isn't fair.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Life isn't fair.
    True. Had the Gorilla killed the kid i would be saying the same thing. Good point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    We are carnivorous animals. We raise other animals to eat. Those animals would not exist if we didn't raise them to eat. Life isn't fair.
    Sounds like you disagree with Joe then

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    It's not like we as humans came from another planet or something and are conquering the earth. We have just as much right to be on this planet as anything else.

Some of the comments here are astounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    We have just as much right?

Or more right?
    Just as much.

And don't talk about killing him. We don't know if he would have survived in the wild as long as he did in the Zoo(s) he's lived in. There are PLENTY of animals killed every day, either for food, or protection. By other animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Right, I already said I would have shot the gorilla.
    Tough decision made.

But Joe said the same rights as us, so why make the choice to exploit and murder animals when there is no life or death situation.

Von K said something I don't agree with, but he acts in a way that supports his belief, so i make no issue with it... I understand his position but we just don't agree. Joe's however, I don't understand
    Dave, this was our exchange. Of course everything has a "right" to be on the planet. That doesn't mean that certain life can't be used by other life to sustain itself. There is a pecking order. If you phrased the question differently, I'd give a different answer.

Do you shower? What about the innocent bacteria you're killing? Do you vacuum your rugs at your house, clean the toilet, wash your clothes? I mean, you're killing innocent living things by doing so. What about the pesky fly that you swat? It was just minding it's own business until you swatted it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Dave, this was our exchange. Of course everything has a "right" to be on the planet.
    So everything has a right to be born but after that, what happens to them is fair game?

I know it must seem like I am being arsey, but I hope you know me well enough to know I am not purposely trolling you. I just don't see how you think animals have equal rights, yet you support their large scale murder.

A for your bacteria analogy, I accept that my life will cause suffering, I just try to minimise it as much as possible.

This reminds of something that happened last week.

The fire extinguisher company sent someone to service all of our extinguishers. I tell him he's parked illegally out front and should probably move. His response was epic, "my give a damn meter about the cops is broken. "

8. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information