Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    What part of this do you disagree with?

Parental negligence
    Zoo accountability
    Hotels in wild not harming non threatening humans
    The drag caused by the onlookers screaming

Don't get me wrong, if I thought the child was at risk, I would have shot the gorilla as well...i just don't see what he says in the post that is beyond ridiculous
    Im with you actually. While i did not go all whacky over the killing of the Gorilla i do think the criticism and rage is justified because in the end the Gorilla is simply an animal. The fact that the parents were so neglectful of their child and the fact that the zoo didnt even consider using a tranquilizer on a endangered species is baffling and irresponsible in my opinion. In the end whats done is done but i absolutely detest shitty parenting in which a wild animal was put down because the supposed more intelligent being on the planet lost track of their kid in the first place.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

As for the gorilla, I would have tried to distract him with the dinner bell, whip up some quick vittles and see if he might leave the boy for food and then grab the kid when he goes inside to eat. If it works, you've saved both lives. If it doesn't, then you're back to shooting the gorilla.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im with you actually. While i did not go all whacky over the killing of the Gorilla i do think the criticism and rage is justified because in the end the Gorilla is simply an animal. The fact that the parents were so neglectful of their child and the fact that the zoo didnt even consider using a tranquilizer on a endangered species is baffling and irresponsible in my opinion. In the end whats done is done but i absolutely detest shitty parenting in which a wild animal was put down because the supposed more intelligent being on the planet lost track of their kid in the first place.
    A tranquilizer is not immediate. The act of being tranquilized could have startled the gorilla. You just can't take that kind of chance with a kid in there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

That's great in theory, but there isn't a parent on earth that hasn't momentarily "lost track" of their child. Emphasis on MOMENTARILY, and shit happens fast.

Anyone that says otherwise is lying.

They discussed the option of shooting a tranquilizer, and it was ruled out. It's not immediate (takes several minutes) and would most likely have agitated the gorilla.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    A tranquilizer is not immediate. The act of being tranquilized could have startled the gorilla. You just can't take that kind of chance with a kid in there.
    Damn you, Wave. You keep posting before I can.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    That's great in theory, but there isn't a parent on earth that hasn't momentarily "lost track" of their child. Emphasis on MOMENTARILY, and shit happens fast.
    And there are consequences. Maybe i just dont feel sorry for those kinds of people i guess. You just cant be that dumb and neglectful in a place like a zoo. Even taking the Gorilla out of the equation the kid could of been kidnapped by a pedo or something. Just totally irresponsible in my opinion and unfortunately cost the life of a animal that wouldnt know any better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I love this part of that guy's post. "Harambe died because we enslave gorillas and other animals for our entertainment."
    True statement IMO

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

We can debate whether or not zoos are beneficial or not, but if a human being is in danger, I choose the human 100% of the time. Sorry.
    No need to apologize, I already stated in my post I agree with this sentiment, I just could not work out why his post annoyed you so much, then you clarified

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

And there are consequences. Maybe i just dont feel sorry for those kinds of people i guess. You just cant be that dumb and neglectful in a place like a zoo. Even taking the Gorilla out of the equation the kid could of been kidnapped by a pedo or something. Just totally irresponsible in my opinion and unfortunately cost the life of a animal that wouldnt know any better.
    Like I said, you're presenting a "perfect world" scenario. It's not possible.

Were the parents negligent? Probably. I'm just pointing out that even the best parents sometimes make mistakes and it's impossible to keep an eye on your children 100% of the time. Sad, but true.

Sorry if this sounds brash, but I just don't care about the animal that was killed. I'd be happier if he wasn't, but it's just not that big of a deal for me.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Like I said, you're presenting a "perfect world" scenario. It's not possible.

Were the parents negligent? Probably. I'm just pointing out that even the best parents sometimes make mistakes and it's impossible to keep an eye on your children 100% of the time. Sad, but true.

Sorry if this sounds brash, but I just don't care about the animal that was killed. I'd be happier if he wasn't, but it's just not that big of a deal for me.
    Its ok, i know how you feel. Im kind of the opposite in that had the kid died i would still be pointing to the parents for their irresponsibility. Had their kid died it would of been a tragic lesson but fortunately for them most people dont care about animals that dont really know right from wrong. I just think making excuses for humans is a massive cop out in cases like this but it is what it is.

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Its ok, i know how you feel. Im kind of the opposite in that had the kid died i would still be pointing to the parents for their irresponsibility. Had their kid died it would of been a tragic lesson but fortunately for them most people dont care about animals that dont really know right from wrong. I just think making excuses for humans is a massive cop out in cases like this but it is what it is.
    Had the gorilla killed the kid, the gorilla would have been killed anyway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I love this part of that guy's post.

"Harambe died because we enslave gorillas and other animals for our entertainment."
    They're animals. And probably lead better lives in a zoo than in the wild.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Had the gorilla killed the kid, the gorilla would have been killed anyway.
    I know. In the end the kid should of never been left unattended to even get to that point.

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

To your point Shake, you see it in music videos on YouTube too. People lose their minds in the comments section complaining about a song they don't like. I don't get it.

Like, you hate that song so much that you're here complaining about it like a spoiled child, probably with the song playing in the background, because you had to click it to comp!ain about it.
    Oh I know. There are some Facebook pages of movies that I "Like" just so I can see trailers and stuff when they come out. In every one of those comment thread someone specifically goes in there just to make a point about how they are not going to see the movie because it will suck. Why waste your time?

The article was partially spurred by a YouTuber (you can see the entitled little ***** below) who focuses on games who decided to post about why he won't even see the new Ghostbusters movie and the A.V. Club did a nice write up on it:

From the A.V. Club Article:

Of course, the things fans are actually entitled to are their own opinions and feelings, even petty or deeply stupid ones. But it’s more than a little depressing when passionate fandom and fan glorification allows anyone to become convinced that resistance to a Ghostbusters remake is a principled stand rather than sexist whining. James Rolfe issued his anti-Ghostbusters manifesto while sitting in a room full of Blu-rays and various nerd memorabilia. The intention, conscious or not, is for his nerd bona fides to radiate off the screen. (Again, this is something I understand to a perhaps troubling degree; if I were photographed in my living room, it would be difficult to find an angle that didn’t show off some combination of records, movies, action figures, Legos, and a warrior bug from Starship Troopers.) I’m sure that for Rolfe, this functions as de facto proof that he’s not being sexist; he’s just being a fan.
    http://www.avclub.com/article/ghostb...-fan-cu-237139

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think the new Ghostbusters looks terrible but im far to lazy to spend huge amounts of time on some forum telling everyone that. lol

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information