Thread: Did Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob jinx his team? Yes! He (probably) did!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Did Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob jinx his team? Yes! He (probably) did!

The Golden State Warriors won an NBA-record 73 games this season. They ran through the league, defiling opponents night in and night out with historic three-point shooting and cement-wall defense, wrapped inside a traveling circus atmosphere.

For 16 months, the Warriors were the best and most thrilling team in the sport's history, and, at least at the ownership level, all the success got to their head. Now that Golden State trails the Oklahoma City Thunder 3-1, these words from Warriors owner Joe Lacob are resurfacing in a karmic way (via New York Times Magazine):

When I asked him about the previous night's game, he could hardly contain himself. He boasted that the Warriors are playing in a far more sophisticated fashion than the rest of the league. "We've crushed them on the basketball court, and we're going to for years because of the way we've built this team," he said. But what really set the franchise apart, he said, was the way it operated as a business. "We're light-years ahead of probably every other team in structure, in planning, in how we're going to go about things," he said. "We're going to be a handful for the rest of the N.B.A. to deal with for a long time."
    rest - http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/g...agazine-052516

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I will laugh if they lose to the Thunder. Not that the Thunder are a bad team but guys who boast like this crack me up. Never give another team ammunition to come out and destroy you. The media tried to do that with the Broncos last year and all it did was feed their hunger until they won the SB.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information