Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oakland Raiders Are the Team to Beat in 2016

Default The Oakland Raiders Are the Team to Beat in 2016

Or so say much of the national media and Raiders' fans (aka hoodlums). The dirty little secret in Denver is that even with Sanchez, the Broncos are probably a little better at QB than last year and the defense is still good. Here's hoping that the Oakland players are buying into the hype and, judging by Carr's statement about Mack getting 30 sacks, it looks promising.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

2. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Being doubted certainly worked for the Broncos last season, so I am perfectly fine with that trend continuing. Hopefully the media doubts us all the way to another title.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

From what I've been reading and seeing, the majority of articles have the Chiefs winning the division.

It may be bad to say, but the Raiders have been down for so long that I wouldn't mind seeing them finish above the Chiefs, but below the Broncos.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    From what I've been reading and seeing, the majority of articles have the Chiefs winning the division.
    This sounds more plausible to me. It would have less to do with them rising above us then us sinking below them. It seems more likely to me that the Chiefs would have to slip a bit for the Raiders to catch them if they do improve.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Either way, it's kind of insulting to effectively say, "I don't know who'll win the reigning SB Champs division, but it won't be THEM." And yes, the 2013 Bengals were my preseason pick to win the AFCN, but I MEANT to insult the Ravens, and they'd lost a lot more key pieces than we have. It wouldn't bother me so much if the punditry hadn't spent all of last year mocking us as pretenders, but we're rapidly approaching Rodney Dangerfield territory now.

Here's hoping they're just pumping up the chip all our players had on their shoulder throughout 2015.
    Last edited by Joel; 05-24-2016 at 12:34 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Ha ha I have read lots of articles saying that the Raiders will win the division but I think if they finished with a winning record or even .500 it would be the first time in 13 years, so that seems like a more realistic goal for them to not tie the record for futility with the Bucs.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoBuckeye73 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Ive heard this story before but it always ends in Chief and Raider tears.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Put some Respekt on that.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

It's the NFL social media accounts that are hyping up these raidturds fans. I'm personally done with the back and forth with their fans. We literally won the Super Bowl!!! When I swagged on a Raider fan do you want to know what he told me? "Its just one game man" "it was a boring super bowl". I was like mannnnnnnnnn. There is no way to win against them. Something like Trump supporters. They live in a bubble. Our defense is still strong. Our oline and running game upgraded. If we can control the ball and not turn it over we will hammer opponents once again.
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived BORDERLINE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I was listening to the NFL on Sirius XM this morning and some guy who was giving his take of the AFC West Denver is still the team to beat. The division will be contested because Raiders and Chiefs improved and both are playoff contenders. Whoever this guy was also thinks Lynch will start this season but it a lot will depend on his showing he can take care of the ball, and that will go hand in hand with an improved running game.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I hope the Raiders continue their futility. They should beat out the Bucs for the worst franchise ever. Shitty team with horrid fans (minus DS). Hopefully they enjoy Vegas.

20. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

call me a fool but I think the Raiders are battling for the division title this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

It's a shame they hit on Carr, Mack, and Cooper. There's talent there.

I don't have a lot of faith in JDR though - I think 9-7 or 10-6 is about the ceiling for him regardless of the talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    call me a fool but I think the Raiders are battling for the division title this season.
    You're a fool! FOOL!

24. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information