Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Oakland Raiders Are the Team to Beat in 2016

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I REALLY want them to break the futility record, although in my mind they already have. This is not an expansion team like the Buc's were - this is an established, founding AFL franchise that has tied the record.

It would be fun to see them actually own that deserved record though...

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Maybe they break the record for futility but I wouldn't be surprised if Denver ended splitting the series with them.

Oakland "should" finish above .500, unless they have a bad start similar to last year. If they pull a similar stunt to last year they'll be hard pressed to finish above .500 with having to play KC and Denver twice.

The Raiders are definitely the popular pick for the dark horse team this season. They have some nice young talent. Having Del Rio for a coach will limit how far they go though. He had great talent in Jacksonville as a head coach and never got far in the playoffs. He had the best defense in the NFL in Denver as a DC and couldn't figure out how to maximize talent. He has a knack for underachieving as a coach.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

So, in case anyone was wondering, the team to beat in 2016-17 is the Denver Broncos. The reigning champs.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    So, in case anyone was wondering, the team to beat in 2016-17 is the Denver Broncos. The reigning champs.
    Absolutely

Reigning 'World' Champs.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Either way, it's kind of insulting to effectively say, "I don't know who'll win the reigning SB Champs division, but it won't be THEM." And yes, the 2013 Bengals were my preseason pick to win the AFCN, but I MEANT to insult the Ravens, and they'd lost a lot more key pieces than we have. It wouldn't bother me so much if the punditry hadn't spent all of last year mocking us as pretenders, but we're rapidly approaching Rodney Dangerfield territory now.

Here's hoping they're just pumping up the chip all our players had on their shoulder throughout 2015.
    What it really comes down to is that all the experts were wrong last year. They were all like Ben Maller - "I really think the Raiders have a great chance to overtake the Broncos this year! The Noodle Arm [Peyton Manning] is done! Their defense is good but it's not that good."

Then the Broncos won the division, the Raiders predictably failed again. But, they all rallied and predicted the Patriots would stomp them in the AFC Championship. Then the Broncos won and they all looked like idiots, but they took their revenge by predicting the Panthers would crush the Broncos in the SB. "They don't even deserve to be there. The wrong team won the AFC Championship Game!" - said Maller and he wasn't alone.

Then the Broncos won the SB making them all look like imbeciles once again. Of course they are predicting that the Broncos will go 7-9. They're angry at the Broncos for making them look like the fools they are. They keep predicting that the Broncos will lose, and yet perversely they keep winning. So, they get angry.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Raiders are the team to beat, eh? That sounds like a good idea.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

13. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Screw the Raiders! The Broncos are the team to beat

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Screw the Raiders! The Broncos are the team to beat
    Yeeeeah I think this is common knowledge. The question is WHO can dethrone the Broncos?

I'm still hearing a majority saying the Chiefs then the Raiders. Oh the Jags are a playoff team too apparently.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Yeeeeah I think this is common knowledge. The question is WHO can dethrone the Broncos?

I'm still hearing a majority saying the Chiefs then the Raiders. Oh the Jags are a playoff team too apparently.
    I think the Raiders can definitely dethrone the Bucs as most futile ever.

I think the Raiders can definitely dethrone the Bucs as most futile ever.
    Which would mean we have a losing record the next two years. I highly doubt we'll dethrone Tampa and Denver but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    It's a shame they hit on Carr, Mack, and Cooper. There's talent there.

I don't have a lot of faith in JDR though - I think 9-7 or 10-6 is about the ceiling for him regardless of the talent.
    I hear this a lot, mostly from Broncos fans. What is it about him? It can't be a Wade Phillips comparison because Wade is on another level as a DC.

I personally am not wowed or dismayed yet. But on the flip side, he took over for a LOT of shitty coaches.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Ya know how bad the Raiders are? They've been so ******* inept that Broncos fans are actively rooting for them to do something so there's actually something riding on the rivalry.

Not me personally, **** you Oakland, but I've actually heard Broncos fans say that.

PS, I hope they move to Vegas and Chargers stay in SD so Denver can have 10 home games every season.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 05-25-2016 at 09:29 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Oakland "should" finish above .500, unless they have a bad start similar to last year. If they pull a similar stunt to last year they'll be hard pressed to finish above .500 with having to play KC and Denver twice.
    This is my opinion in a nutshell

SHOULD finish above .500, but not guaranteed.

To be honest, the only one I thing can cause us to break this futility record is Derek Carr. If he isn't better than last year, we're 8-8.

23. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information