Thread: A company that doesn't generate money in Denver moved its headquarters here. So, why?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default A company that doesn't generate money in Denver moved its headquarters here. So, why?

The largest cable-TV company outside the U.S. moved its headquarters to downtown Denver in February with little fanfare. That's just how Liberty Global's CEO Mike Fries rolls. "Liberty is a great story; take me out of it," said Fries, whose corner office on a sharp edge of the Triangle Building overlooks the Rocky Mountains and Union Station. "We are very, very committed to Colorado and Denver even though we don't generate any money here. This is where our heartbeat is."

As one of the highest-paid CEOs in America, Fries downplayed his financial achievements during a recent interview with The Denver Post. He prefers to talk about the company or the many charitable causes he supports. The following evening, in fact, he performed as lead singer of The Moderators cover band to raise money for the University of Colorado Cancer Research Center.

"It's 95 percent attitude. I'm on key; that's the good thing. But I'm no Pavarotti. But if you have attitude and confidence and people think you're enjoying yourself, then it works," Fries said. "You should come see us tomorrow night. It's free."
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...-you-dont-know

Guess I found this interesting, being a Colorado native

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Did you want some Fries with that?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information