Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did Dikembe Mutombo reveal that the NBA Draft lottery is rigged?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

1) If there was a shred of truth to any of this, with all of the GMs & coaches out there that I'm sure are upset over how they were treated by their former team, why haven't one of them come forward with this information.

2) What is Mutombo doing for work these days anyways. When he did that stupid GEICO commercial a few years back, it was the 1st time I'd heard his name in something like 20 years.

3) Like the OP article said, why would he have access to this kind of inside information?

4) Why did the 76ers think that a congratulatory tweet by him would generate any enthusiasm in the fan base?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default NBA hires Mutombo, who will serve as global ambassador

NBA Commissioner David Stern announced today that Dikembe Mutombo will join the NBA in the newly created position of global ambassador. Mutombo will report to Executive Vice President, Social Responsibility & Player Programs, Kathy Behrens.

After retiring from a playing career that spanned 18 seasons, Mutombo will now work to grow and celebrate the game through numerous international NBA events including Basketball without Borders. In addition, he will work closely on NBA Cares outreach efforts with Hall of Famer Bob Lanier who serves as Special Assistant to the Commissioner.

"Dikembe's extraordinary accomplishments on the court and in the community demonstrate why he is one of sports' outstanding humanitarians," Stern said. "His commitment to using the values of our game to improve the lives of so many is an example of the special role we have in being leaders in social responsibility. We know the impact programs such as NBA Cares and Basketball without Borders have in being catalysts for change on a global scale, and Dikembe's continued contributions will be invaluable in our global efforts to bring attention to important social issues."

Mutombo started the Dikembe Mutombo Foundation to improve living conditions in his native Democratic Republic of Congo in 1997. His commitment to improving the health, education and quality of life for the people in his birthplace, the Democratic Republic of the Congo led to the construction and opening of the Biamba Marie Mutombo Hospital and Research Center, a $29 million, 300-bed hospital in Kinshasa named after his late mother.
    rest - http://www.nba.com/2009/news/11/17/mutombo.nba/

Big hands and a big heart save tiny lives in The Congo

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/10/world/...kembe-mutombo/

FanInAZ - some of the things Dikembe is involved in

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    1) If there was a shred of truth to any of this, with all of the GMs & coaches out there that I'm sure are upset over how they were treated by their former team, why haven't one of them come forward with this information.

2) What is Mutombo doing for work these days anyways. When he did that stupid GEICO commercial a few years back, it was the 1st time I'd heard his name in something like 20 years.

3) Like the OP article said, why would he have access to this kind of inside information?

4) Why did the 76ers think that a congratulatory tweet by him would generate any enthusiasm in the fan base?
    I'm not saying any of this is true, however, if a former "disgruntled" coach decided to spill the beans on the NBA I'm certain they'd have a hard time getting work in the NBA anymore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Point #2 is very ignorant and ill-informed. As Carol laid out above, Dikembe does tons of humanitarian stuff and is heavily involved in growing the NBA globally. Seriously, look him up on what he has done since retiring. He's not just some bum shooting his mouth off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'm not saying any of this is true, however, if a former "disgruntled" coach decided to spill the beans on the NBA I'm certain they'd have a hard time getting work in the NBA anymore.
    The lottery has been going on for long enough to where people who were coaching in the 80s are now retired and would never even have any interest in coaching in the NBA again. I think there is about a zero percent chance at least once disgruntled former NBA employee would not have spilled the beans by now if the lottery really were rigged.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The lottery has been going on for long enough to where people who were coaching in the 80s are now retired and would never even have any interest in coaching in the NBA again. I think there is about a zero percent chance at least once disgruntled former NBA employee would not have spilled the beans by now if the lottery really were rigged.
    Saying it is or has been rigged does not mean it has always been so.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Saying it is or has been rigged does not mean it has always been so.
    Yes, but one of the biggest conspiracy theories is that is was rigged for the Knicks in 85. Over 30 years later, I just have a hard time believing that not one single person would have opened their mouth about it by now.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Yes, but one of the biggest conspiracy theories is that is was rigged for the Knicks in 85. Over 30 years later, I just have a hard time believing that not one single person would have opened their mouth about it by now.
    I'm sure things have happened over the years. Everytime, completely rigged? No. But to say it's always on the level is pretty naive as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm sure things have happened over the years. Everytime, completely rigged? No. But to say it's always on the level is pretty naive as well.
    What makes you "sure"? There's as much proof that any NBA lottery has ever been tampered with/rigged as there is that Bush ordered 9/11.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

What makes you "sure"? There's as much proof that any NBA lottery has ever been tampered with/rigged as there is that Bush ordered 9/11.
    What makes you the opposite?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

What makes you the opposite?
    Members of the media who have sat in the room year after year and watched the NBA draw the ping pong balls and who have unanimously said that it would be impossible to rig such a system the way they have it set up.

Also, I'm not the one accusing the NBA of wrongdoing, so the burden of proof isn't on me. This is still America, and both individuals and corporations are innocent until proven guilty.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

So, why pass up the opportunity to make some cash by showing the drawing live?

Look, to be honest, the NBA lost it's appeal to me years ago. I think it's a terrible product, I would MUCH rather watch college ball.

I'm not accusing them either. I simply don't give a ****.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Point #2 is very ignorant and ill-informed. As Carol laid out above, Dikembe does tons of humanitarian stuff and is heavily involved in growing the NBA globally. Seriously, look him up on what he has done since retiring. He's not just some bum shooting his mouth off.
    A lot of players have done humanitarian stuff. Larry Fiz is not only a humanitarian, but is the kind of human being that ever parent hopes their child will grow up to be like. Does that mean that the Cards are going to tell him all their dirty secrets &/or need his blessing in order to get the fans excited about their latest transaction?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

A lot of players have done humanitarian stuff. Larry Fiz is not only a humanitarian, but is the kind of human being that ever parent hopes their child will grow up to be like. Does that mean that the Cards are going to tell him all their dirty secrets &/or need his blessing in order to get the fans excited about their latest transaction?
    I guess I'm failing to see what your beef with Mutombo is. Nothing in your last sentence of this post has any sort of basis in fact.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information