Thread: Gronk, not Von, is on Madden 17

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Being a Patriot
    Criminal indeed

2. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

And prior to that Madden himself was on the cover...
    Nope, Eddie George became the first cover athlete in the 2001 edition and the first year the fans could vote was in 2011 when Hillis won the cover vote.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Nope, Eddie George became the first cover athlete in the 2001 edition and the first year the fans could vote was in 2011 when Hillis won the cover vote.
    Thanks for the history lesson, what's your point? Do you feel Gronk is more deserving of the honor than others? If so, why?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Thanks for the history lesson, what's your point? Do you feel Gronk is more deserving of the honor than others? If so, why?
    No, it just seems like your point was that there was some conspiracy to put a Patriot on the cover by taking away the fan vote, but in reality they had 10 years to put a Pat on the cover before fan votes had they really wanted to.

As for who is most deserving, they put the guy on the cover who they think will sell games, and it would not surprise me if Gronk would sell more games than Von, so from that sense I have no issue with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Yes and prior to that Madden was on the cover.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

No, it just seems like your point was that there was some conspiracy to put a Patriot on the cover by taking away the fan vote, but in reality they had 10 years to put a Pat on the cover before fan votes had they really wanted to.

As for who is most deserving, they put the guy on the cover who they think will sell games, and it would not surprise me if Gronk would sell more games than Von, so from that sense I have no issue with it.
    No, my point was that Gronk is on the cover and they dropped the vote. I think there are more deserving players. Period.

8. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

There is no hard evidence to say that sales increase with whose on the cover. Gronk being on the cover won't sell more games.

Here's an article from April 19, 2011:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42667766

10. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Why, 'cause he's white?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ravage!!! View Post
    why, 'cause he's white?
    lol.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information