Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gronk, not Von, is on Madden 17

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Lol, Mack is rated higher than Miller....what?
    I hadn't heard that. Wow

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by artie_dale View Post
    Von took out a certain athletic someone in oh... his last game, in the open field. Von was covering a rcvr and Cam scrambled to the right, got the first down and tried to juke Von, but you can tell Von followed Cam's hips, grasped him and body slammed him out of bounds. That's an open field tackle, isn't it?
    Yes, he was tracking down a QB, that's what sack aces do. OLBs may try to cover a TE off the LOS, but they're not going to try to keep up with a WRs.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Von took out a certain athletic someone in oh... his last game, in the open field. Von was covering a rcvr and Cam scrambled to the right, got the first down and tried to juke Von, but you can tell Von followed Cam's hips, grasped him and body slammed him out of bounds. That's an open field tackle, isn't it?
    how is that the same as a LB trying to cover a WR down field?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

In that same SB, Von also covered a receiver better at the left front pylon than Pro Bowl CB Talib did at the right front pylon; Von's a Compleat 3-4 OLB, able to rush, stop the run AND cover. What did Gronk do during the SB, other than drink beer and eat chips because SOMEONE beat him two weeks earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Yes, he was tracking down a QB, that's what sack aces do. OLBs may try to cover a TE off the LOS, but they're not going to try to keep up with a WRs.
    Except Von did just that in the very same game, and did it well. Not a TE over the middle: A WR down the sideline trying to score—emphasis on "trying."
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Except Von did just that in the very same game, and did it well. Not a TE over the middle: A WR down the sideline trying to score—emphasis on "trying."
    Are you talking about the Steelers game in the regular season? Its possible that a OLB could end up on a #3 or 4 receiver, but if he on a pro bowl WR, something went wrong with the D play call.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Are you talking about the Steelers game in the regular season? Its possible that a OLB could end up on a #3 or 4 receiver, but if he on a pro bowl WR, something went wrong with the D play call.
    I never said a #1/2 WR, no; I'm talking about this:
    3 11:07 2 11 DEN 26 Cam Newton pass incomplete deep right intended for Jerricho Cotchery (defended by Von Miller) 13 7
    3 11:00 3 11 DEN 26 Cam Newton pass incomplete short right intended for Greg Olsen 13 7
    3 10:54 4 11 DEN 26 Graham Gano 44 yard field goal no good 13 7
    That's 1st and G without Von; instead, they took one more shot in front of the sticks, then doinked a FG attempt that gave us the ball at our own 34, whence we drove to just outside their 10 before making our own FG. Von preventing the catch by Cotchery (a WR) was the difference between 16-7 and at LEAST 13-10, possibly 13-14.

That's the kind of obscure but pivotal thing that wins ball games: Instead of pulling ahead by a point at the start of the second half, Camolina didn't get the ball again until midway through the 3rd qtr, down two scores. Granted, the kicker had to do his part with a doink, and the NFL MVP his by outright missing his Pro Bowl TE short of the sticks on 3rd down, but that would've been needless if the SB MVP hadn't prevented 1st and G on the previous play.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I never said a #1/2 WR, no; I'm talking about this:
    3 11:07 2 11 DEN 26 Cam Newton pass incomplete deep right intended for Jerricho Cotchery (defended by Von Miller) 13 7
    3 11:00 3 11 DEN 26 Cam Newton pass incomplete short right intended for Greg Olsen 13 7
    3 10:54 4 11 DEN 26 Graham Gano 44 yard field goal no good 13 7
    That's 1st and G without Von; instead, they took one more shot in front of the sticks, then doinked a FG attempt that gave us the ball at our own 34, whence we drove to just outside their 10 before making our own FG. Von preventing the catch by Cotchery (a WR) was the difference between 16-7 and at LEAST 13-10, possibly 13-14.

That's the kind of obscure but pivotal thing that wins ball games: Instead of pulling ahead by a point at the start of the second half, Camolina didn't get the ball again until midway through the 3rd qtr, down two scores. Granted, the kicker had to do his part with a doink, and the NFL MVP his by outright missing his Pro Bowl TE short of the sticks on 3rd down, but that would've been needless if the SB MVP hadn't prevented 1st and G on the previous play.
    As I said before, its possible for an OLB to get matched up against a barely used WR at the end of his career. However, this entire sub-topic start when Carol posted an article objecting to a screen shot showing #1/Pro Bowl WR Brown stiff arming Miller. The point that several of us are making is there is no D play that Phillips would draw up that would have Miller covering Brown.

As I said before, its possible for an OLB to get matched up against a barely used WR at the end of his career. However, this entire sub-topic start when Carol posted an article objecting to a screen shot showing #1/Pro Bowl WR Brown stiff arming Miller. The point that several of us are making is there is no D play that Phillips would draw up that would have Miller covering Brown.
    Sure, not disputing that. If ANY LB were on a guy like Brown my first question would be "wtf; did Harris, Roby AND Webster get suspended too?!" The point is Von excels at literally ALL defensive roles, so an All Pro WR is about the only kind he'd have no chance of covering. Plus he's SB MVP, and won the postseason by a fair margin—even (especially) when we beat Gronks team (twice.)

9. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

This is a really stupid arguement

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think they generally pick players at positions on which they are making changes to in the game.

Either way, I don't think it's EVER been that the Super Bowl MVP is on the cover, has it???

I haven't bought a new Madden in 10 years, though.
    Was't Ray Lewis the MVP in the Ravens first Super Bowl win because he was on the cover of Madden following their win?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think they generally pick players at positions on which they are making changes to in the game.

Either way, I don't think it's EVER been that the Super Bowl MVP is on the cover, has it???

I haven't bought a new Madden in 10 years, though.
    All previous covers were chosen by a fan vote. This year EA picked the cover athlete without fan input.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No SB MVP. No NFL MVP. No, let's take the guy from the AFCCG loser and posterboy for the NFLs core message that crime always pays. Because character.
    What crime did Gronk commit?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    All previous covers were chosen by a fan vote. This year EA picked the cover athlete without fan input.
    They have only been doing the fan vote for like 6 or 7 years. It wasn't something they had always done.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    They have only been doing the fan vote for like 6 or 7 years. It wasn't something they had always done.
    And prior to that Madden himself was on the cover...

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    What crime did Gronk commit?
    Being a Patriot

19. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information