Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FedEx To Back Memphis Pitch To Big XII

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Which explains why the "Fleeing Four" have been so dominant in their new conferences. They're also-rans in their new conferences, just as they were much of the time in the Big XII.

Colorado (Denver) and Missouri (St. Louis and Kansas City) do offer tv markets. A&M added nothing to the Big XII's tv footprint but helps the SEC get into Texas. Nebraska was all about the former prestige of their football program which couldn't compete without partial qualifiers coming from California.
    Whatever makes you sleep better at night, I guess.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Missouri is doing well considering they openly lobbied the Big 10 to join and so the Big 10 decided to expand and chose Nebraska instead. Plus, Mizzou opened the door for gay football in the deep South. Gotta give them props for that.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Which explains why the "Fleeing Four" have been so dominant in their new conferences. They're also-rans in their new conferences, just as they were much of the time in the Big XII.

Colorado (Denver) and Missouri (St. Louis and Kansas City) do offer tv markets. A&M added nothing to the Big XII's tv footprint but helps the SEC get into Texas. Nebraska was all about the former prestige of their football program which couldn't compete without partial qualifiers coming from California.
    I can't speak for the others, but TAMU and Mizzou compete really well in the SEC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I can't speak for the others, but TAMU and Mizzou compete really well in the SEC.
    All four are doing just fine. Nebraska and Colorado also entered into conferences with higher academic standings, as well. All four made smart moves.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information