Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A Texas town is building a $62.8 million high school football stadium

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default A Texas town is building a $62.8 million high school football stadium

The town of McKinney, Texas voted in favor of a bond Saturday that will allow the school district to build a $62.8 million, 12,000-seat high school football stadium. According to USA Today, that price tag would make it the most expensive high school football stadium in the country.

Saturday's vote allowed the town to devote $50.3 million toward the stadium out of a new $220 million bond. The other $12.5 million for the football stadium project will come from a bond approved by the town in 2000.

Although McKinney's new field might be the most expensive, it is far from the only mega-priced project in the area. The stadium will be built approximately four miles north of a $60 million football stadium which seats 18,000 in Allen, Texas. The town of Katy, Texas is currently building at $62.5 million stadium set to open in 2017.
    rest - http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...um-bond-050916

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

That's nucking futs
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following 7 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Wow

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I hope these districts aren't cancelling music classes, art classes, band, etc. while devoting these sort of resources to football.

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

My first thought was - WHY don't they use that money to help all of those who lost everything in the floods!!!!!!!!

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

What in the bluest of blue hells is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I hope these districts aren't cancelling music classes, art classes, band, etc. while devoting these sort of resources to football.
    I agree....however, if it ends up being residual income for the school district then it makes sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

It may help to know that towns like McKinney, Allen and Katy are suburbs or large metropolitan areas. their voters approved it so I don't have a complaint.

Texas used to be under a statewide school-funding plan named "Robin Hood" where the state took money from "wealthy" school districts and gave them to poor districts. What happened is the poor districts didn't improve but the wealthy districts cut back on all sorts of extracurriculars except football.

Bottomline is that high school football is king in Texas and you aren't going to kill it by taking money from school districts. Forcing these new stadiums to have transexual bathrooms might do it though.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

12. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    It may help to know that towns like McKinney, Allen and Katy are suburbs or large metropolitan areas. their voters approved it so I don't have a complaint.

Texas used to be under a statewide school-funding plan named "Robin Hood" where the state took money from "wealthy" school districts and gave them to poor districts. What happened is the poor districts didn't improve but the wealthy districts cut back on all sorts of extracurriculars except football.

Bottomline is that high school football is king in Texas and you aren't going to kill it by taking money from school districts. Forcing these new stadiums to have transexual bathrooms might do it though.
    I don't care if their voters approved it, it's absurd.

I'm not sure who is trying to kill high school football, or why that's relevant to this discussion. I'm certainly positive that bathrooms aren't relevant, either.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I don't care if their voters approved it, it's absurd.

I'm not sure who is trying to kill high school football, or why that's relevant to this discussion. I'm certainly positive that bathrooms aren't relevant, either.
    I wouldn't be so quick to assume it's absurd. If the revenue generated offsets the cost and the revenue helps offset the tax burden, then it makes fiscal sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I wonder how much their teachers make?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to assume it's absurd. If the revenue generated offsets the cost and generates more than taxes do for the school, then it makes fiscal sense.
    There is a very long history of schools and cities building stadiums under the guise of creating business for the city and resources for the school. There are reasons to be more than skeptical. For instance. While this is more geared towards professional teams, it's far more relevant than bathroom talk.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreyd.../#3ea6961d6183

Regardless, this is a stadium for a high school team. A ******* high school team, Al. If you're going to pay for education at such a level, just pay for it directly. This IS absurd.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    There is a very long history of schools and cities building stadiums under the guise of creating business for the city and resources for the school. There are reasons to be more than skeptical. For instance. While this is more geared towards professional teams, it's far more relevant than bathroom talk.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreyd.../#3ea6961d6183

Regardless, this is a stadium for a high school team. A ******* high school team, Al. If you're going to pay for education at such a level, just pay for it directly. This IS absurd.
    I'll read the article you posted.

Lol. Texas.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

22. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

You dummies should read about how the entire school district will benefit and how this bond issue will actually lower property taxes for the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information