Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynch may be ready sooner than you think

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default Lynch may be ready sooner than you think

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Given that he's already raising expectations on Lynch this quickly, doesn't really seem like he's that high on Sanchez. I'd think Elway would be tempering expectations on Lynch for year 1 if he was planning on Sanchez starting this whole season and letting Lynch learn.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Given that he's already raising expectations on Lynch this quickly, doesn't really seem like he's that high on Sanchez. I'd think Elway would be tempering expectations on Lynch for year 1 if he was planning on Sanchez starting this whole season and letting Lynch learn.
    Yeah it sounds that way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Yeah it sounds that way.
    In my opinion, and I could be totally wrong, but I don't think Sanchez being the starter was ever the plan when Elway signed him. I think Elway fell pretty confident that he was also going to get someone like Kaep and he would just have Sanchez as a safe backup plan. So while Sanchez gets penciled in as the starter for now, I don't think Elway would be too upset if Lynch took over by the end of the year.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

In my opinion, and I could be totally wrong, but I don't think Sanchez being the starter was ever the plan when Elway signed him. I think Elway fell pretty confident that he was also going to get someone like Kaep and he would just have Sanchez as a safe backup plan. So while Sanchez gets penciled in as the starter for now, I don't think Elway would be too upset if Lynch took over by the end of the year.
    Again I agree. Heck, depending how things go Lynch could be starting by midseason.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'm pretty excited about the kid, but I also have a gut feeling Sanchez is going to have a very good year under Kubiak. It might be tough for Lynch to break into the lineup, which is OK, because I do believe he should sit this year out unless things fall completely apart.

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think you're right but it seemed all along that they wanted to bring in competition for Sanchez, so now that they've said they won't bring in a veteran to compete this is the only other way to keep that kind pressure on Sanchez.

They were talking about Lynch in practice yesterday, "this is not going to be pretty for Sanchez once people see Lynch throwing in TC".
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I think you're right but it seemed all along that they wanted to bring in competition for Sanchez, so now that they've said they won't bring in a veteran to compete this is the only other way to keep that kind pressure on Sanchez.

They were talking about Lynch in practice yesterday, "this is not going to be pretty for Sanchez once people see Lynch throwing in TC".
    Who's they?

I'm not bashing on the kid, but the few highlights from yesterday that I saw showed him consistently over-throwing receivers. I think he's going to develop into a good to to very good to great QB, but he is really raw at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Who's they?

I'm not bashing on the kid, but the few highlights from yesterday that I saw showed him consistently over-throwing receivers. I think he's going to develop into a good to to very good to great QB, but he is really raw at this point.
    Dmac and Chad Brown, I guess they got to see the first half hour of workouts yesterday.

Personally, I want Lynch to sit this season, i don't think he's nearly ready unless Kubiak wants to run a lot of what he did in college.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Dmac and Chad Brown, I guess they got to see the first half hour of workouts yesterday.
    Gotcha. I didn't listen to them yesterday.

I guess yesterday was the only day he'll participate. He's back to Memphis today to attend graduation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Gotcha. I didn't listen to them yesterday.

I guess yesterday was the only day he'll participate. He's back to Memphis today to attend graduation.
    You didn't miss much, Chad Brown is way, way better than Big Al. I tune in once Kreckman and Nalen go off the air.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think many times it's hard to resist getting your new toy out there especially when he is a first rounder you traded up for. If Sanchez starts to struggle and we go on a losing streak, I can see his leash getting really short this season.

I know most of our fans have talked themselves into Sanchez by now, but I'm still pretty unsure on him. Like I said, I don't think the plan was for Sanchez to be the starter when Elway signed him.

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm pretty excited about the kid, but I also have a gut feeling Sanchez is going to have a very good year under Kubiak. It might be tough for Lynch to break into the lineup, which is OK, because I do believe he should sit this year out unless things fall completely apart.
    There are a lot of pundits who think that at some point in the year Sanchez at some point in the season he will start making a lot of mistakes because they say that's his m.o. If Lynch looks like he's ready to it will at the very least a major temptation to want to put him in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't know, Sanchez is a veteran so doubt he's intimidated by competition.

21. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I don't know, Sanchez is a veteran so doubt he's intimidated by competition.
    Yeah Sanchez is used to having to compete for his job so I don't think that well be an issue.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information