Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Lynch may be ready sooner than you think

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    After everything that Elway's done for you? Smdh
    Elway did a lot for the Broncos, but he was a train wreck those 1st 2 games against the Steelers & the Colts (not to be confused with the 2nd game we played against the Colts that season which was Elway's legendary 1st 4th quarter comeback). He was benched at halftime of both of those 1st 2 games & DeBurg came in to lead the comeback. These are irrefutable historical facts that everyone who watched those game knows to be true.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

2. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Pretty much the entire history of the NFL says that.

Elway even said back around 1986 that he wasn't ready to start his rookie year and that putting him in that season hindered his development.

Normally, this doesn't matter because the team stinks anyway and isn't going anywhere regardless of who is the QB. So, it makes sense to put the rookie in and let him flounder to get some experience - as long as it doesn't hinder his development it's OK if he makes some mistakes.
    The problem is that's almost GUARANTEED to hinder his development, because it makes floundering habitual. You take a guy just learning the NFL ropes, and teach him an NFL QBs job description is "Run for your life behind ZERO protection with NO run support, trying to thread double coverage with desperation bullet passes off your back foot before you go down in a heap." It makes for a few heroic comebacks and a LOT more embarrassing slaughters.

Do that for a whole season or two and you've got a PERMANENTLY crippled QB, mentally and often physically as well. Remember when RGIII was worth THREE 1st round picks AND a 2nd? Then, y'know, he actually played a full season for a 5-11 team, including a playoff game on a torn ACL and LCL; he's never been the same.

We're the reigning Champs DESPITE our pass protection and run blocking, not because of it. Let Sanchez take the lumps while Dennison rebuilds a solid line, then put Lynch out there AFTER he's memorized the playbook and can count on CJ/Booker to divert safeties and pass rushers for PA passes as well as a line to protect him.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    The problem is that's almost GUARANTEED to hinder his development, because it makes floundering habitual. You take a guy just learning the NFL ropes, and teach him an NFL QBs job description is "Run for your life behind ZERO protection with NO run support, trying to thread double coverage with desperation bullet passes off your back foot before you go down in a heap." It makes for a few heroic comebacks and a LOT more embarrassing slaughters.

Do that for a whole season or two and you've got a PERMANENTLY crippled QB, mentally and often physically as well. Remember when RGIII was worth THREE 1st round picks AND a 2nd? Then, y'know, he actually played a full season for a 5-11 team, including a playoff game on a torn ACL and LCL; he's never been the same.

We're the reigning Champs DESPITE our pass protection and run blocking, not because of it. Let Sanchez take the lumps while Dennison rebuilds a solid line, then put Lynch out there AFTER he's memorized the playbook and can count on CJ/Booker to divert safeties and pass rushers for PA passes as well as a line to protect him.
    And you know our line isn't solid now how?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Because it's never solid.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I. Am. Speechless.

I don't, and Dennison makes me cautiously optimistic—but it's been SO bad SO long that most of the league's been publicly calling it out since the middle of 2014. There's a reason we went through TWO QBs last year and Manning had to come back hurt to finish out the season. Now 3/5 starters are effectively new faces (if Sambrailo's RG, he was on the team his rookie year, but only played 3 games, at a different position.) The only guys still starting at the same spot are Garcia and Paradis, both of whom struggled in pass protection last year because any kind of stunt or delayed blitz routinely left them out of position.

So why not FIND OUT if it's any better before throwing Lynch to the wolves?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Because it's never solid.
    Said in jest, but depressingly near the truth. Another case where
    Generations of capering fools in motley have won me the right to dress badly and say any damn thing that comes into my head.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I don't, and Dennison makes me cautiously optimistic—but it's been SO bad SO long that most of the league's been publicly calling it out since the middle of 2014. There's a reason we went through TWO QBs last year and Manning had to come back hurt to finish out the season. Now 3/5 starters are effectively new faces (if Sambrailo's RG, he was on the team his rookie year, but only played 3 games, at a different position.) The only guys still starting at the same spot are Garcia and Paradis, both of whom struggled in pass protection last year because any kind of stunt or delayed blitz routinely left them out of position.

So why not FIND OUT if it's any better before throwing Lynch to the wolves?

Said in jest, but depressingly near the truth. Another case where
    And you know or believe we're starting Lynch because?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I. Am. Speechless.
    I. Am. Von Kinger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

And you know or believe we're starting Lynch because?
    I don't, and frankly doubt it. But the thread's title IS "Lynch may be ready sooner than you think." In my case, that's any time before (at least) Opening Day 2017.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information