Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynch may be ready sooner than you think

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If Elway was smart he wouldnt rush Lynch out that fast if he can help it.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I'm not going to worry over what they say in May. If Sanchez opens the season, fine. If Lynch finishes the season, fine. If the handoff is somewhere between the two, fine. I still expect the Broncos to make the playoffs because of their defense and I think when the playoffs begin we will start the QB that gives us the best chance to win.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    It's Sanchez's job to lose at this point. But if looks like Lynch grasping the offense that could change things in a hurry. Like Hoof, I'm not going to worry about Elway's says in May. How things progess in camp will be telling.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-07-2016 at 02:51 PM.

6. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Plummer/Cutler situation this year. Regardless of record of Sanchez doesn't show the ability to move the offense we will probably switch to Lynch

I agree. A lot of it might come down to whether Elway and Kubiak thing throwing a young guy into the fire, and have him learn from mistakes and possibly get benched a few times along the way, is the best way to mold a QB or if it's to let him learn with a clipboard and at least be more mentally prepared when he finally gets the starting nod.

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The Ravens let Flacco take the reins his rookie season and he quarterbacked them to playoffs. They did it by being very good at running the ball and solid defense. It could.happen here as well.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-07-2016 at 08:20 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Lynch will be the starter by week 7 unless Sanchez is playing near an all pro level. I think he will be good, but not spectacular and even if we have a winning record he will be benched. We have seen this before with Plummer and Cutler and that is how it will play out. Sanchez can put up slightly better numbers than Manning did last year but Lynch offers more promise and possibilities and will lead us in the back half of the season.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoBuckeye73 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBuckeye73 View Post
    Lynch will be the starter by week 7 unless Sanchez is playing near an all pro level. I think he will be good, but not spectacular and even if we have a winning record he will be benched. We have seen this before with Plummer and Cutler and that is how it will play out. Sanchez can put up slightly better numbers than Manning did last year but Lynch offers more promise and possibilities and will lead us in the back half of the season.
    If Sanchez is playing well and Denver is winning they'll be hard pressed to remove him.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    The Ravens let Flacco take the reins his rookie season and he quarterbacked them to playoffs. They didn't it by being very good at running the ball and solid defense. It could.happen here as well.
    And Pitt with Big Ben (I think it was the 2nd or third game, after Maddox or someone got hurt).

17. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

If I were to take a guess, I would say Sanchez starts up until the bye week (week 11) where the team can insert Lynch, get his first start for him at home against Kansas City, then two winnable road games at Jacksonville and Tennessee Before finishing the year at home vs New England, at Kansas City and home against Oakland.

But, again, I'm not writing this in stone. Just a familiar thing lately for teams with highly-drafted rookie QBs that don't start the beginning of the year to have them make their first start right after the bye week where they have two weeks to get him prepared.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

19. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Cugel, I think they wanted kap pretty badly, but Elway is good about not overpaying for someone regardless however much he likes them. He even said after the draft that they were really close to getting that kap deal done.
    I'm not disagreeing with Elway's decision. He's smart not to panic. It came down to a question of money however, so if they really liked Kaepernick much better than Sanchez, they would have gotten the deal done. It was doable, but the Broncos didn't want to absorb too much of Sanchez's cap hit of $15.9M this season.

Elway preferred to go with Sanchez, and a rookie who turned out to be Paxton Lynch. Since no rookie QB in the history of the NFL has EVER won a SB and since this is the defending SB champions it follows that they must rely on Sanchez.

If he fails or if the team isn't in position to make another run at the SB, then put Lynch in. Not before.

In 2006, I liked Jay Cutler and thought he was going to be a top 10 QB in this league, so I supported the decision to bench Plummer.

Is there the slightest doubt today, 10 years later, that fans like me, and Shanahan and the Broncos were flat wrong? That team was 7-4 and in playoff contention. Putting in Cutler was a bad mistake.

Putting in Lynch this season would be repeating that bad mistake. NO rookie QB can ever lead a team to a SB. It's never happened and probably never will. Many NFL QBs get thrown in too early and it hurts their development. The Broncos can't afford make that mistake with Lynch. He needs to sit on the bench for a year and learn how to play in this league.

It's not going to help the team win a championship this year to start him.

Now maybe Sanchez can't get the job done. If not, then they have nothing to lose. But, until the Broncos are eliminated or it becomes obvious that Sanchez isn't good enough, they need to sit Lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm pretty excited about the kid, but I also have a gut feeling Sanchez is going to have a very good year under Kubiak. It might be tough for Lynch to break into the lineup, which is OK, because I do believe he should sit this year out unless things fall completely apart.
    QFT. Our line's still a work in progress, if only because of all its new personnel, and by all accounts Lynch is talented but green. Let's not ruin his career before it even starts. There's a long list of QBs who had all the skills, but were expected to do too much too soon, so they never caught up to the game and instead spent their whole careers trying to stop doing desperate things they never should've started doing in the first place.

A SB Champ has the unique luxury of NOTHING to prove to anyone, and it's not like Sanchez is physically or mentally incapable. Let him break in our line this year, see how far that takes us, and maybe a year from now we'll have a supremely gifted starting QB who knows our playbook.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with Elway's decision. He's smart not to panic. It came down to a question of money however, so if they really liked Kaepernick much better than Sanchez, they would have gotten the deal done. It was doable, but the Broncos didn't want to absorb too much of Sanchez's cap hit of $15.9M this season.

Elway preferred to go with Sanchez, and a rookie who turned out to be Paxton Lynch. Since no rookie QB in the history of the NFL has EVER won a SB and since this is the defending SB champions it follows that they must rely on Sanchez.

If he fails or if the team isn't in position to make another run at the SB, then put Lynch in. Not before.
    I don't think there would have been an agreement in place if Elway hadn't been seeious otherwise, he would have just been throwing away money.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-09-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Elway stated in the past that it can cripple a young QB to theow them into the fire to early. It can affect them mentally even if they have all the talent in the world. He went on to say he think he was thrown in too quick as well.

Elway is GM kubiak will decide when to put lynch in. Elway might just influence the choice.

26. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information