Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Broncos officially sign 21 UDFA

Default Broncos officially sign 21 UDFA

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...9-9e13300eaf2e

To make room, they also ...

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2h2 hours ago

#Broncos release punter Will Johnson and safety Ryan Murphy. Murphy was on the team's practice squad at the end of last season.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Isn't Ryan Murphy the dude that was sitting in the front seat of the car while his brother banged a hooker in the back seat? He will be missed.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Bralon Addison was one I wanted to draft. Runs like a waterbug. Could make it as a kick returner.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    Isn't Ryan Murphy the dude that was sitting in the front seat of the car while his brother banged a hooker in the back seat? He will be missed.
    Yep, that's the guy

We signed 4 OLB...Thats a lot of OLB. I suppose OLB will be a priority this next offseason..?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We signed 4 OLB...Thats a lot of OLB. I suppose OLB will be a priority this next offseason..?
    Special teams guys
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

9. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

we have a UDFA make the roster almost every year, who's it gonna be this time? my money is on theus, the long snapper. . .

11. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Bralon Addison was one I wanted to draft. Runs like a waterbug. Could make it as a kick returner.
    Much like CJ a few years ago, I was kind of hoping they'd draft Addison in the 7th. So, I'm glad we got him as a UDFA. He's one of those guys you can get on the field to do anything...or nothing at all. Time will tell, but I really hope he pans out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

rav's right, those guys will play special teams or nickel if any of them make it-- or convert inside. . . we're completely set outside, unless we can't sign von or shaq long term. . . maybe they stash a guy on the PS against that possibility, but right now we're already four deep with stud OLBs, and could still bring back mccray as a veteran 5th option if we wanted. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    rav's right, those guys will play special teams or nickel if any of them make it-- or convert inside. . . we're completely set outside, unless we can't sign von or shaq long term. . . maybe they stash a guy on the PS against that possibility, but right now we're already four deep with stud OLBs, and could still bring back mccray as a veteran 5th option if we wanted. . .
    I think McCray got picked up by someone, packers maybe.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos' 2016 college free agents

The Broncos added 21 college free agents following the 2016 NFL Draft, which included players from near and far who might have flown under the radar. (Photos via AP Images or their college web sites)

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...4-f1c5170b933b

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

Mccray is a packer now, unfortunately.

We are 4 deep at the moment, but Demarcus will be gone sooner than later. I do not quite trust shane ray yet. Next year we could be 2.5 deep. Elway always seems to hit the need position 1 early. I bet OLB is drafted next year if none of these guys pan out to be the next Harris, CJ, etc.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Addison is a damn good add for the price of free. I don't care what his 40-time was, that kid MOVES on the field. If we need edge speed he has it, and he could work as a pass-catching back who takes pitches, shovel passes and WR sweeps for gains. I don't know if we'll be creative enough to use him, but at worst he gets a year to learn behind Sanders and get pointers. If the receiver group after Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders is Latimer / Taylor / Fowler / Norwood then we'll see whether he can crack that. If Hillman can't beat out the other backs in camp, though, then don't be surprised if the "change-of-pace back" isn't a back.

I still like that we're giving Theus the long-snapper a look. I'd say it's almost a guarantee that Mose Frazier is making the practice squad so Lynch has a buddy he has chemistry with who's around for the practices. I'd be shocked if one of Peko / Moala weren't also on the PS, if not both (and that assumes one can't crack the roster). Krieger-Coble from Iowa strikes me as a PS guy who can get on the real roster in year 2, since he's basically a perfect TE for Kubes and out of the Owen Daniels mold.

Khalif Raymond might have to beat out Addison for the KR job, but he's a smart kid who unlike Addison might actually know a route tree if pressed into emergency service with the offense. I still think he's a long-shot, but he does HAVE a shot.

A lot of the other guys just look like camp dudes to me, but there's a camp dude every year who gets love. I was fond of Taylor and Zaire Anderson last year and both guys are still around - let's hope some of these players can hang around long enough to contribute. If one of them wants to Chris-Harris his way into doing even more than that, I'm fine with that too.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Mccray is a packer now, unfortunately.

We are 4 deep at the moment, but Demarcus will be gone sooner than later. I do not quite trust shane ray yet. Next year we could be 2.5 deep. Elway always seems to hit the need position 1 early. I bet OLB is drafted next year if none of these guys pan out to be the next Harris, CJ, etc.
    How did McCray become a Packer?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    How did McCray become a Packer?
    He was a free agent, and they signed him

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information