Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm Just Gonna Say It

Default I'm Just Gonna Say It

I think Sanchez will be ok this year. I think he'll give the Broncos more than they got from the position last year. Over the past couple of weeks I've warmed to the idea of him starting this year. I was on the Kap bandwagon, but then I realized that I do not want a guy who would rather sit on the bench to collect more money than potentially start for the defending champs. I prefer a competitor. /rant
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I think Sanchez will be ok this year. I think he'll give the Broncos more than they got from the position last year. Over the past couple of weeks I've warmed to the idea of him starting this year. I was on the Kap bandwagon, but then I realized that I do not want a guy who would rather sit on the bench to collect more money than potentially start for the defending champs. I prefer a competitor. /rant
    Carol saved you a seat on the train called The Dirty Sanchez.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-01-2016 at 12:46 PM.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

I like Sanchez also. I think he starts this year and if he plays well, he will be the starter. But I'm just gonna say this.I f he stumbles half way through the season, Elway and Kubiak's won't hesitate to throw Lynch in there. There won't be a lot of patience IMO.
    They may want to see thier new toy out there.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

5. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I like Sanchez also. I think he starts this year and if he plays well, he will be the starter. But I'm just gonna say this.I f he stumbles half way through the season, Elway and Kubiak's won't hesitate to throw Lynch in there. There won't be a lot of patience IMO.
    Agreed

Thank you John Madden.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

8. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

The flip side is that they may not want to BREAK their new toy before noon Christmas Day, because we're once again looking at a lot of new faces starting on a line that's coming off an awful season. One of the best arguments for a rookie QB over a retread like Sanchez is that he won't have to un-learn a lot of bad habits developed by constantly compensating for the lack of protection and other offensive talent around him. The learning curve's not the only reason teams are reluctant to throw rookie QBs out there immediately: A team bad enough to get the kind of pick it takes to land a top QB prospect doesn't have much help to give him.

Obviously the defending Champs aren't a bad team. But we won with an elite D and elite WRs, despite awful run and pass blocking, a productive but injury-prone RB and solid but unremarkable TEs: In other words, without ANY of the three things young QBs need to succeed. I felt bad about it, but one reason I hoped Manning could play all of 2015 was that I didn't want Oz getting his first real starts behind our Swiss cheese line. When he did, he lasted a little over a month before an injury serious enough to impair his play, just as a previous injury to Manning got Oz the starting job in the first place.

We just won a SB, and it's not the end of the world if we don't immediately repeat. I'd much rather take the time to make the long term investments that win 2-3 more over the next decade. Let Lynch learn on the practice field, in the film room and on the gameday bench, then turn him loose to wreak havoc behind a stout solid line with a devastating run complement next year.

I'm just glad we're not all in with Kaep; I don't think he's much (if any) better than Sanchez, and KNOW he's not nearly as hungry. Much better to take a talented tabula rasa in the 1st and hope our QB guru HC can make him a star later and salvage Sanchez now, than to spend >$10M/yr hoping to fix all that's wrong with Kaep.
    Last edited by Joel; 05-01-2016 at 10:52 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I hope they let Lynch sit and learn this year, dude has a long way to go and the last we saw the running game was nowhere near capable of being a rookie QB's best friend.

Besides that, the QB market is so retarded that all they need is Osweiler level play from Dirty to get another sweet comp pick from his $18 MM/per contract.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I tend to agree with you. He knows the west coast offense. That is what he thrived in at USC. He will be protected by an improved running game that Kubiak likes to play. There is an improved OL.

I think he will be fine.

Couple that with a dynamic defense. This offense has made many QBs look real good over the years. Especially when you compare what those QBs that thrived here did with other teams. Examples are Brian Griese and Jake Plummer. Both were pro bowlers under the Kube balanaced stretch run offense.

He could be better than many think.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I too think Sanchez will be fine. I wont go out and say he will become a HOF'r but if he could help guide the Jets to two AFCCG's and now is a better organization with better receivers, better coaching, better team management, and one of the best defenses in the NFL i think even Stevie Wonder could QB this team. At worst we have another Bubby Brister here that can drive the Ferrari until Lynch gets up to speed.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I hope they let Lynch sit and learn this year, dude has a long way to go and the last we saw the running game was nowhere near capable of being a rookie QB's best friend.

Besides that, the QB market is so retarded that all they need is Osweiler level play from Dirty to get another sweet comp pick from his $18 MM/per contract.
    Bingo. I hope we don't see Lynch at all this year. Let him focus entirely on learning the offense and plan for him to start in 2017. I just don't think he's ready for the keys to the Ferrari this year. As I said in another thread, I'd rather err on the side of caution instead of rushing him in before he's ready.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Bingo. I hope we don't see Lynch at all this year. Let him focus entirely on learning the offense and plan for him to start in 2017. I just don't think he's ready for the keys to the Ferrari this year. As I said in another thread, I'd rather err on the side of caution instead of rushing him in before he's ready.
    Well our offense last year was less Ferrari and more Yugo with two flat tires.

20. The Following 6 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Sanchez is cool. He is a hard worker and has come in here with a fantastic attitude. He has leadership skills. He is adequate for what we need early on. As long as he doesnt wear that hair thing.

Almost nobody thinks that Paxton Lynch will be ready for at least a year. Kiper said it is more like 2-3 years. None of those opinions matter. Paxton is a superior human specimen who now is going to have the best coaches in the game. Dont under estimate the value of superior tools. Marino-esque rookie season coming up. Super Bowl!

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Sanchez is cool. He is a hard worker and has come in here with a fantastic attitude. He has leadership skills. He is adequate for what we need early on. As long as he doesnt wear that hair thing.

Almost nobody thinks that Paxton Lynch will be ready for at least a year. Kiper said it is more like 2-3 years. None of those opinions matter. Paxton is a superior human specimen who now is going to have the best coaches in the game. Dont under estimate the value of superior tools. Marino-esque rookie season coming up. Super Bowl!
    I like how Sanchez has handled himself and how many quarterbacks can say they have dance after them (the Dirty Sanchez).

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Well our offense last year was less Ferrari and more Yugo with two flat tires.
    Even though for so long I said the key to winning a championship is a BALANCED offense along with a solid defense, I did not think the Broncos could possibly go ALL THE WAY with that offense.

In fact the offense broke the Craig Morton led 1977 Broncos team in a SB. 1 for 14 in 3rd down conversions. Something like that.

Anyway, it just proves what a real dynamic defense can do. Tell you the truth, I think this team has all of the makings of a real dynasty.

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

The last thing I want to see is Lynch starting games this season.

He's got a lot to learn. Sanchez is more than capable of doing what we need done. If he stumbles? Well, then he stumbles. That is not a good reason to rush Lynch out too early. Believe it or not, he can learn a lot from watching Sanchez "stumble" as well. However, I don't predict Sanchez doing poorly. He will be just fine in this offense, with this defense to back him up.

27. The Following 6 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information