Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2016 Broncos Draft Picks Analysis

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

feedback in bold
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    My thoughts:

1. Paxton Lynch A+++, even with trading up and losing a third, this was a pick that seemed clearly out of reach for a defending Super Bowl champion. Great awareness by Elway realizing he needed to trade up and not let the Cowboys or Browns get him first.

2. Adam Gotsis B- . This was a bit of a reach but he is an intriguing physical specimen. Reminds me of Richard Kiel in the original "The Longest Yard" ("I told you I broke his fvcking neck!!") only with an Aussie accent. Looks very stiff and unnatural but makes plays. He could be a terror at the next level but I would have rather they waited another round. I think he would have still been there.

3. Justin Simmons B. His wasn't one of the top names in this year's safety class but the instant responses were that we will be really impressed. We needed to add one so, IMO, this was a good pick. I think Elway & Co. wanted someone who can cover a lot of real estate so that TJ can play in the box more often. I think they got that with Simmons.

4. Devontae Booker A. Good all-around back that is already altitude-acclimated. He adds to the stable of Anderson and Hillman to give Kubiak another weapon at an injury-prone position.

5. Connor McGovern A. Excellent value at this point in the draft. He is a versatile lineman who can fit all over the line. Maybe this means Schofield can be cut.

6a. Andy Janovich D. From here, I think Elway took off for the links. Kubiak is one of the few coaches who still wants a fullback. They're almost dinosaurs in the NFL. I think from this pick on, Elway & Co. felt like they just needed to fill holes because they already have everyone in place that they want. Need a FB? Might as well draft the best one and him being feisty is a bonus.

6b. Will Parks D. Training camp fodder. With both T.J. & Stewart getting dinged up, I think some decent depth at the S position is what this move was. Parks looked like he was both a thumper at times and lazy at other times.

7. Riley Dixon D. You don't draft punters anymore. You just sign them after the draft. This guy may become my favorite 7th round pick ever. He holds for PATs, he can run and take a hit, and even pass at times. Read somewhere that his low punt yardage average was due to his college team's poor Special Teams coverage so they made Dixon boot the ball into the air for fair catches. I see more fake FGs in our future.

Overall, despite the weak selections at the the end, the first five picks make this draft an A. When you get right down to it, this draft class will be forever judged on how successful Paxton Lynch is.
    Last edited by artie_dale; 05-02-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post

6b. Will Parks D. Training camp fodder.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...016-nfl-draft/

THE 16 BEST PICKS IN THE 2016 NFL DRAFT
    15. Will Parks, S, Denver Broncos
    Another versatile piece to add to a loaded Broncos secondary. Parks was our highest-graded cornerback in college football in 2014 after he dominated in a slot role for Arizona. Last season he lined up all over the Wildcats defense while adding more snaps at deep safety and graded out similarly well. He doesn’t check the athletic boxes, but for a sixth-round pick, the Broncos got a heck of a football player.
    Just some warm fuzzies on our 6th round pick, Will Parks.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information