Thread: Broncos pass on Hoyer so Lynch can get more reps, Sanchez to start

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos pass on Hoyer so Lynch can get more reps, Sanchez to start

KUSA—When the Denver Broncos began to resolve their quarterback situation their initial plan was to have two veteran quarterbacks compete for the starting job and have two young quarterbacks to develop.

Paxton Lynch revised the plan.

After selecting Lynch, a 6-foot-7, dual-threat quarterback from the University of Memphis, in the first round of the NFL Draft on Thursday, the Broncos for now will stick with only three quarterbacks.

The Broncos notified free-agent veteran Brian Hoyer on Friday they will not be signing him to compete with Mark Sanchez for the starting job. The Broncos instead will go with the veteran Sanchez as their No. 1 quarterback with Lynch and Trevor Siemian, a rookie selected in the seventh round last year, competing as backups.
    rest - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...reps/160445074

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Thank God.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

4. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

If they'd picked Hogan later, it would have probably been Hoyer as a backup. As it is - Sanchez needs to be good and stay healthy.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

They need a PS guy, one who has the experience under Center that Lynch needs to work on, one who has talent to mold and develope.

Joel Stave.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Thank God.
    No kidding; yet another reason to be glad we drafted Lynch. Maybe the biggest winner here is Siemian, because I'm not sure even the PS would give us enough room for two former QBs and a future one plus a 4th. I hate the fact the current AND future starter are both learning the system from scratch, but am darned glad to have one of each so we're not putting all our eggs in the basket of either. Elway took care of us once again.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    No kidding; yet another reason to be glad we drafted Lynch. Maybe the biggest winner here is Siemian, because I'm not sure even the PS would give us enough room for two former QBs and a future one plus a 4th. I hate the fact the current AND future starter are both learning the system from scratch, but am darned glad to have one of each so we're not putting all our eggs in the basket of either. Elway took care of us once again.
    Current players are learning from scratch?
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Current players are learning from scratch?
    Sanchez is learning OUR offense from scratch, yes. And maybe not just ours; depends how much one thinks he learned from Rex Ryan and Brian Martyball.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

10. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Sanchez is learning OUR offense from scratch, yes. And maybe not just ours; depends how much one thinks he learned from Rex Ryan and Brian Martyball.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy.
    From now on I'm linking this every time someone complains one of my posts is too long: YOU deal with them....

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

From now on I'm linking this every time someone complains one of my posts is too long: YOU deal with them....
    Ok, this made me laugh. Yea, I think you need to put that quote in your sig.

Manning and Oz had to do it last year, so while it's not ideal, it's not much different that what the team had to deal with last year. In many ways, better, since last year you had a QB that wasn't comfortable and didn't want to run it.

It's not just the two QBs, you've got the two tackles as well, along with the new FB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Selecting a quarterback in the first round kind of put the kabash on getting another veteran quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, this made me laugh. Yea, I think you need to put that quote in your sig.
    Well, you know my view of arguing with Admins....

Manning and Oz had to do it last year, so while it's not ideal, it's not much different that what the team had to deal with last year. In many ways, better, since last year you had a QB that wasn't comfortable and didn't want to run it.
    True, but I worried last preseason for most of the same reasons, and last years offense doesn't exactly allay those concerns. Sanchez is in far better physical shape than a 39-year-old Manning, and far more experienced than Oz, but I'm unsure splitting the difference can solve the problem here. Last year I consoled myself with the knowledge that THIS year we'd have a healthy Clady, Vasquez & Sambrailo, while Oz, Paradis & Garcia would have a years system and pro starting experience.

Roughly half those things turned out to be true. I remain confident Kubes & Dennison sooner than later get our offense where it must be, but less sure "soon"="2016."

It's not just the two QBs, you've got the two tackles as well, along with the new FB.
    Yup, and at least one new guard. If it's Sambrailo he'll at least know the system, but we're still talking about a second year RT who started a few games at LT before injury kept him off even the practice field, and will now be asked to play G. Floundering would be fully understandable, at least for a while.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information