Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Paxton Lynch

Default Paxton Lynch

John Elway has traded up in the first round to select his quarterback of the future. Let's take a look at our newest Bronco.

He doesn't crumble in the pocket like Oz. He has the pocket presence of a veteran. The arm of a god.

It is a joyous day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He doesn't crumble in the pocket like Oz. He has the pocket presence of a veteran. The arm of a god.

It is a joyous day.
    Hope you are right.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

5. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Name:  kevin.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  4.3 KB

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

9. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captain Lynch Hype Boat - Imgur.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	8914

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

He's not day 1 ready by any means, but he does have the highest ceiling of any QB in this draft. Hackenberg was my favorite, but I think Lynch has a lower floor. The Broncos actually won out on value in the trade according to the chart and Elway got his man at the same time. The Cowboys and Chiefs were both trying to move up and get him. In the end, Elway wins again.

You'll see him compared to Osweiler because of his size, but they are completely different QB's. Lynch extends plays. He evades pressure but keeps his eyes up rather than looking to just take off. He's as comfortable throwing the ball on the run as he is with his feet set. Per PFF he was the #1 rated QB in college this season on designed rollouts. That fits this offense to a T. He has a cannon for an arm and is far more mobile than his 40 time suggests.

I think Sanchez starts the season as the #1. That's probably the best course for Lynch. He may have gone to the perfect team for his development. A QB guru for a coach, a hall of fame QB as a GM to talk to, a great defense, and a team with a commitment to the run. I don't think we'll know until year 2 or 3 what we really have in this kid, but it should be fun to watch unfold.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I have no problems with this pick. Didnt jump way up in the draft to get him and only gave up this years first and 3rd.

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I have no problems with this pick. Didnt jump way up in the draft to get him and only gave up this years first and 3rd.
    Agreed. Unless they don't like Lynch I see no way anyone can be upset by this. Player aside, John moved up only a few spots, didn't give up a LOT to do so, and reports say he needed to move if he wanted his guy. Good job John, welcome to Denver Paxton, let's go!

16. The Following 7 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post

It is a joyous day.
    I like the pick but maybe this just a bit over the top.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Just the way chatter was going I figured he was gone by about pick 15. When he got all the way to pick 26 and saw that 'trade' was flashed across the screen I sure it was Elway.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Agreed. Unless they don't like Lynch I see no way anyone can be upset by this. Player aside, John moved up only a few spots, didn't give up a LOT to do so, and reports say he needed to move if he wanted his guy. Good job John, welcome to Denver Paxton, let's go!
    Elway is so cool that he pisses ice cubes.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-29-2016 at 06:40 AM.

21. The Following 7 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captain Lynch Hype Boat - Imgur.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	8914
    I like the bird

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    He's not day 1 ready by any means, but he does have the highest ceiling of any QB in this draft. Hackenberg was my favorite, but I think Lynch has a lower floor. The Broncos actually won out on value in the trade according to the chart and Elway got his man at the same time. The Cowboys and Chiefs were both trying to move up and get him. In the end, Elway wins again.

You'll see him compared to Osweiler because of his size, but they are completely different QB's. Lynch extends plays. He evades pressure but keeps his eyes up rather than looking to just take off. He's as comfortable throwing the ball on the run as he is with his feet set. Per PFF he was the #1 rated QB in college this season on designed rollouts. That fits this offense to a T. He has a cannon for an arm and is far more mobile than his 40 time suggests.

I think Sanchez starts the season as the #1. That's probably the best course for Lynch. He may have gone to the perfect team for his development. A QB guru for a coach, a hall of fame QB as a GM to talk to, a great defense, and a team with a commitment to the run. I don't think we'll know until year 2 or 3 what we really have in this kid, but it should be fun to watch unfold.
    Great analysis. This is getting me hyped up. I've been down on Lynch so far, but the reality is that I'm a zilch watching film on my computer while Elway and Kubiak are ex-QB's who loved this guy.

In any case, I agree with your last statement - the best possible situation for Lynch is to sit for at least this whole year behind Sanchez. That gives him an entire year to learn the offense and develop under Kubiak's tutelage. So many QB's are ruined by being thrust into action right away, especially on bad teams. This is the complete opposite for Lynch. Barnwell pointed out yesterday that the last team with a winning record to select a QB in the second half of round one was the Packers with Rodgers. I'm not suggesting that Lynch is Rodgers, but it's rare to be in a situation where a good team gets to pick their QBOTF while they're still good.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Cowboys owner and General Manager Jerry Jones acknowledged after the first round of the NFL draft that he was disappointed about a player who got away: Quarterback Paxton Lynch.

Jones said that after taking running back Ezekiel Elliott with their first-round pick the Cowboys were trying to trade back into the first round to acquire Lynch, who ultimately went to the Broncos.

“We were working real hard to get up there for the quarterback – Paxton Lynch,” Jones said.

Jones said just when he thought he had a deal in place to get Lynch, the Broncos jumped in and made a deal with the Seahawks that allowed them to take Lynch 26th overall.

“Frankly, give Denver credit,” Jones said. “I thought we had it done. It was that close.”

Jones said the Cowboys’ staff loves Lynch and thinks he has the potential to develop into a franchise quarterback. The Cowboys were hoping he’d develop behind Tony Romo.

“He’s a top prospect – got probably the highest upside in the draft,” Jerry Jones said. “Congratulations to Denver.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-paxton-lynch/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information