Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39

Thread: Broncos 2016 Draftday Thread: April 28th - April 30th

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Andrew Mason Retweeted
    PFF Draft ‏@PFF_College Apr 30

Connor McGovern had a 91.7% run block success rate, 4th-best among OGs in the NFL draft
    !

I realize it's just college, so teams face barely 10% of the competition, but that's still impressive. And we got him at the top of the FIFTH round, as the 6th G overall: I'm so glad the rest of the NFL severely undervalues G but our team doesn't.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I emailed a rabid Cornhusker fan who is a good buddy of mine and a Nebraska ex-pat in re: Janowich. His response

He was a walk-on out of Gretna, NE (just outside of Omaha).

He is a tank. NU lifter of the year type. Point him at the brick wall and let him go. He played all four years on campus.

Only knock on him is his position. He is a fullback. He isn’t big enough to be a TE, and he isn’t fast enough to be a RB. Though he did carry the ball some (not much around the goal line…which you would hope to have seen). Few catches come to mind too. Don’t know what kind of use a modern (spread-like) pro offense has for a undersized TE/FB.

Great character pick. Maybe a special teams/specialty package guy at best would be my thinking. Simply can’t think of a HOF fullback anymore.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Peter King today, mostly focusing on Dallas, contradicted the initial reports we heard about what they offered to move up for Lynch. Our offer was indeed better on paper, but the Cowboys thought about upping their offer and didn't do it in time:

They had a minute, maybe, to up the offer to Seattle, which was the only fish on the line. But no new offer was forthcoming. It was a minute later, maybe two, that Denver consummated the deal with Seattle for the chance to pick Lynch. The Denver deal was clearly better. Dallas was offering picks 34 and 101 for the 26th overall pick. Denver was offering picks 31 and 94—and by staying in the first round with its pick, Seattle got to control the player it picked for a fifth year, as opposed to four-year control for a second-round pick. Denver’s offer was superior. Dallas could have trumped Denver only one way—by offering its third, the 67th overall choice.

That was it. If Lynch turned into a star instead of wearing one, it would bug Jones for years to come.
    “I’m not gonna go jump from Dallas’s tallest, so let’s put this in perspective,” said Jones, pausing for a few minutes in his day-two draft prep at the Cowboys’ complex. “And I live with second-guessing and disappointments. That’s a part of this business. But if I had to do it all over again? I’d give the three.”
    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/05/01/n...nes-peter-king

4. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos didn't draft a linebacker but will give undrafted free agents a look

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos agreed to terms with 19 undrafted free agents. Here’s a closer look at each player:

Vontarrius Dora, DE, Louisiana Tech: At 256 pounds (at his on-campus pro day) he’s a little undersized to play defensive end for the Broncos and would have to show he has the quickness to stand up and play outside linebacker. He tied for the team lead in sacks this past season with six and forced two fumbles. He graduated during the 2015 season.

Mose Frazier, WR, Memphis: Broncos selected Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch in the first round and then secured his go-to receiver as an undrafted rookie Frazier ran a 4.55 clocking in his 40-yard dash at his on-campus pro day to go with a 37-inch vertical jump, both numbers that get the attention of evaluators. He had 70 catches this past season to go with 47 in 2014 -- both totals led the team in those seasons.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...ok-at-position

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Dora's interesting filler, but I don't expect him to make the 53-man. And I'm not really pulling for Frank Shannon, I'll be honest. He's got some talent, but anybody who loses a year of college thanks to a rape accusation that the university believed enough to suspend him (even though charges were never filed by the DA) makes me nervous, especially the way the injuries were described.

We might have a need at LB still, but I'm hoping other guys already on the team can fill that hole.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

7. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    As a Ute fan, let me just say y'all are gonna love Devontae Booker. He was the ENTIRE Utes offense the last 2 years. Everyone in the stadium knew he was going to get the ball on 1st and 2nd down and he still figured out a way to get 3-5 yards pretty much every time he touched the ball. Nothing flashy and not a speed demon, but a chain moving work horse. Without looking it up I bet he averaged about 30 touches a game last year. Very good pass catcher for a RB too. Plus, he rarely goes down at first contact...not the biggest guy but has a combination of size and elusiveness that makes him hard to bring down. Yes, I am a Utes homer but Booker is the real deal.
    Woof, some posts age better than others. I still love ya though, Book.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

9. The Following User High Fived honz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    Woof, some posts age better than others. I still love ya though, Book.
    I thought he was plenty serviceable his first few years here. Not every player can be a star, but he played fine when he was out there. Not great, but not completely terrible either.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I thought he was plenty serviceable his first few years here. Not every player can be a star, but he played fine when he was out there. Not great, but not completely terrible either.
    If failed pick ends up being a solid contributor, and average player, that's as good as it can get with a missed pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Crazy how Lynch was thought to be a heart and will guy and ended up being a lazy doucher.

He should have been something in the league. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

At least Gotsis works hard.

Barf.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information