Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Bring back Tebow petition nears 3,000 sigs

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I don't understand why the word "hate" is used every time someone says they don't want a player on their team? I liked him for all the reasons that you listed, but there are a lot of other players who work just as hard who get cut because they’re not good enough. TT may have energized the fan base and game commentators (who's job it is to invent excitement even when none actually exists), but his teammates (especially on D) would bail him out game after game only for him to get all of the credit for the wins. The reality is that he usually only had 1 good drive each game, which was usually the last drive. No acknowledgement of the great job the D did to give him the opportunity to perform his “final drive magic” by the Tebois. Nor do they recognize the great plays his receivers had to make to bail him out because he couldn’t throw the simplest of passes on target.

Best of examples: Get NFL Gamepass & watch our last drive of the Jets game. In the 1st play of the drive, a combination Eddie Royal tremendous elusiveness &/or complete ineptitude in open field tackling by the Jets’ DB that sniffed the play out as soon as the ball was snapped overcame a bad pass by TT. Royal, standing inside his own end zone, had to jump up & catch the ball a split second before the DB should’ve wrapped him up & brought him down immediately. The refs would’ve given him forward progress to his own 1 because he was able to immediately lunge forward, which would’ve put us 2nd & 14 from our own 1. Instead, we got a 1st & 10 from just past our 20. Royal made that play, not TT who's poor throw made it necessary for Royal to make such a great play to avoid disaster. Nevertheless, the Tebois say that TT beat Sanchez that game.

Another example: The playoff game against the Steelers. TT did a good job in the 1st half exploiting a huge hole in their D due to 1 of their starting safties not playing that game. In the 2nd half, the Steelers’ D adjusted & shut him down. In OT, Demaryius Thomas caught a barely adequately thrown short pass & out ran the entire Steelers’ D for the 80 yard game winning TD. Who do the Tebois give 100% of the credit to? TT. If they understood that football is a team sport, & therefore acknowledge everything TT’s teammates did to win those game, they’d realize what all 32 NFL GMs & HCs have figured out a long time ago. TT had very little to do with those wins.
    I am talking more of the overall loathing that the fans across the NFL have for him.. It is unwarranted. People actively root for his failure.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Where does Cugel come up with that shit?
    While clubbing baby seals.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Tebow isn't a very good quarterback Cug, but he not a liar. Elway was tired of the garbage that was coming out of Tebow sycophants but I don't thin Elway had problem with as person.
    Tebow DID try to say that he didn't have a choice in where he wanted to go....but then quickly had to recant that statement because it was made very clear that Tebow DID choose NYC over Jax. So he did lie, in that instance.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

5. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Kiszla: John Elway heartbroken at dumping Tim Tebow, calling the QB "a great kid"

Broncos legend John Elway would like to make two confessions: 1) It was a no-brainer to give his quarterback job to Peyton Manning. 2) It tore up the gut of Elway to dump Tim Tebow.

"You hate some decisions you have to make in football. But that doesn't prevent you from making them," Elway said Tuesday, when he replaced Tebow with Manning. "You do what's best for your team. But that doesn't take away the heartache. You're dealing with human beings. It hurts."

As a front-office executive, Elway will forever be remembered as the bold recruiter who beat San Francisco, Tennessee and all suitors to land Manning with a $96 million contract.

But, in the process, Elway killed Tebowmania in the Rocky Mountains, an act that won't easily be forgiven if Manning fails to make Denver a legitimate Super Bowl contender.
    AND

Elway will try to trade Tebow. Not to get the circus out of town. Not because Manning would worry about billboards demanding his removal as a starter. Elway wants to do the right thing. He knows Tebow has earned the chance to become a hero in a new NFL city.

"Tim Tebow is a great kid," Elway declared. "If I want someone to marry my daughter, it would be him."

That's high praise, straight from the heart.
    full article - http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2021907...-tebow-calling

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So what is the update on the petition? Did it work? I havent seen any news recently where Denver has signed him back on and if they had a chance to do it now would be the time no?

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I will never understand the Tebow hate. I never wanted to see him drafted to Denver, but he was and drafted too high obviously. Was it his fault? No. All he did was work as hard as he could to be a good Bronco and a good man. He looked damn good in orange and blue and I will forever be grateful for his contributions on and off the field. So what if he has an enthusiastic following.
    He wasn't a good man. He was a lying hypocrite, as Elway found out. Elway went out of his way to consult with Tebow's agents to find out where he wanted to go. They didn't have to do that, but Elway did it just to be nice.

And Tebow stabbed him in the back. He wanted to go to New York because it was a bigger market, but he didn't want to be criticized by all his worshipful fans down in Florida for dissing the Jaguars. So, he lied and said "I don't know how I wound up in New York, I just go where they sent me."

His "I'm such a great guy!" image was carefully stage managed by his handlers. The real Tebow was a sharp eyed con man building an image - which has made him millions of dollars, a fortune vastly greater than his limited football skills could ever have amassed for him.

Elway was furious with him after being thrown under the bus by Tebow, and he still is, which alone would bar Tebow from ever coming back to the Broncos - even if he were good enough of a QB to play in the NFL. Which he isn't. His career is done and it won't matter a fig if the idiots collect 1,000,000 signatures of fellow morons on their stupid petition.

You are ****ing ignorant.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So what is the update on the petition? Did it work? I havent seen any news recently where Denver has signed him back on and if they had a chance to do it now would be the time no?
    It has over 10,000 signatures.

Even at 10x that number, they aren't going to bring him back.

You know all this though.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    It has over 10,000 signatures.

Even at 10x that number, they aren't going to bring him back.

You know all this though.
    Even at 1,000x those numbers it STILL won't happen. Signers are living in a pipe-dream.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    Even at 1,000x those numbers it STILL won't happen. Signers are living in a pipe-dream.
    If it got more signatures than the population of Colorado (by a factor of about 2), someone would take notice.

Likely it would mean that the petition site got hacked.
    Last edited by wayninja; 05-09-2016 at 08:26 PM.

14. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

If it got more signatures than the population of Colorado (by a factor of about 2), someone would take notice.

Likely it would mean that the petition site got hacked.
    I don't think so. The petition is on the web and available to anyone with web access. There isn't a restriction or record regarding where the person is located. For all that petition means is x number of people in the world (presumably the US) have signed a petition. Even if 10 million people legitimately signed the petition I doubt Elway and the Broncos would do more than bat an eye at it.

16. The Following User High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    I don't think so. The petition is on the web and available to anyone with web access. There isn't a restriction or record regarding where the person is located. For all that petition means is x number of people in the world (presumably the US) have signed a petition. Even if 10 million people legitimately signed the petition I doubt Elway and the Broncos would do more than bat an eye at it.
    Ridiculous. It would be national news if it got anywhere near 10 million signatures.

Even the petition to prosecute that neighborhood watch guy for killing Treyvon Martin only got 2 million signatures. 10 million would be record breaking, by a wide margin.

Accessibility isn't the issue.

I'm not saying it would force the broncos to do something about it. Popularity isn't the deciding factor here. I'm just saying that it would be huge news.
    Last edited by wayninja; 05-10-2016 at 09:49 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Ridiculous. It would be national news if it got anywhere near 10 million signatures.

Even the petition to prosecute that neighborhood watch guy for killing Treyvon Martin only got 2 million signatures. 10 million would be record breaking, by a wide margin.

Accessibility isn't the issue.

I'm not saying it would force the broncos to do something about it. Popularity isn't the deciding factor here. I'm just saying that it would be huge news.

Yes it would be huge news. I was saying that such earth shattering events would result in absolutely nothing happening in Dove Valley. WEll... Maybe something, frustration at having to deal with such inane questions from the media on the topic, but nothing more.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information