Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring back Tebow petition nears 3,000 sigs

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

It would make for a great story if they brought him back....sorta like the Prodigal Son in reverse.
    Last edited by OrangeHoof; 04-27-2016 at 05:27 PM.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

2. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I guess you can find 3,000 people with no clue just about anywhere.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

So, there are 3,000 morons with too much time on their hands, and barely enough basic motor skills to add their sig to a stupid petition. So what?

No matter how loudly the born again Christians whine about their worthless hero, he washed out of the NFL a long time ago and he ain't coming back.

And that gives me no end of pleasure every time I think about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you're doin' it all wrong, man. . . you're supposed to have a billboard!
    You act like it didn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    So, there are 3,000 morons with too much time on their hands, and barely enough basic motor skills to add their sig to a stupid petition. So what?

No matter how loudly the born again Christians whine about their worthless hero, he washed out of the NFL a long time ago and he ain't coming back.

ummmm.,... wow. You may need to adjust your meds. You're too filled with anger. Just breathe, brother.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

So... pretty anti-religion then, huh?

Unless you really feel like the only people who like Tim Tebow must be religious fanatics, or that our first playoff win since 2005 is worthless.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

I'm a big believer in second chances and I'm always pulling for the underdog to make it in spite of the odds. I really hope Tebow does improve his accuracy and improves upon his ability to read the secondary.
    I am a big fan of Tim Tebow. In spite of this, I find this petition to be highly embarrassing

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

In spite of this, I find this petition to be highly embarrassing
    Why? What's more embarrassing than deciding between Brian Hoyer and RG3 as you next quarterback? We're already scraping the bottom of the barrel here. So why not give St. Timothy The Inaccurate one last chance? He wasn't going to beat out Peyton Manning but Manning is gone now and it would make a great story to see if Tebow could reclaim the job he one held?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Oh dear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Billboards or it didn't happen. Sorry, a 30-year-old raw QB-in-training has "trainwreck" written all over it. Remember, he left here in a trade to a team trying to replace the QB we've got NOW; how'd that end? Guy had a lot of physical potential, but needed a LOT of work to develop it into practiced skill; he never found a coach to help him do that, and now it's officially too late.

Looking at all the people seriously suggesting we bring back Tebow or bring in Manziel sure does make Sanchez a lot more tolerable though....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Billboards or it didn't happen. Sorry, a 30-year-old raw QB-in-training has "trainwreck" written all over it. Remember, he left here in a trade to a team trying to replace the QB we've got NOW; how'd that end? Guy had a lot of physical potential, but needed a LOT of work to develop it into practiced skill; he never found a coach to help him do that, and now it's officially too late.

Looking at all the people seriously suggesting we bring back Tebow or bring in Manziel sure does make Sanchez a lot more tolerable though....
    Maybe. Talk to me after the season is over and I'll let you know how tolerable it was.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Maybe. Talk to me after the season is over and I'll let you know how tolerable it was.
    Interesting point.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Why? Will there be any evidence by then that Tebow's any more practiced than in 2011? We'll still be talking about what Tebow might (but probably would not) have THEORETICALLY done if we'd signed him. Win, lose or draw with Sanchez, Tebow will remain no more than a polarized guessing game.

It's not like he's spent every waking moment of the past 5 years on the practice field: He just got 5 years older. In 2012 I was not only willing but eager to see if his immense talent could be matched with great coaching to turn a raw inconsistent QB into an All Pro: I'm far less willing to do that in 2016.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Why? Will there be any evidence by then that Tebow's any more practiced than in 2011? We'll still be talking about what Tebow might (but probably would not) have THEORETICALLY done if we'd signed him. Win, lose or draw with Sanchez, Tebow will remain no more than a polarized guessing game.

It's not like he's spent every waking moment of the past 5 years on the practice field: He just got 5 years older. In 2012 I was not only willing but eager to see if his immense talent could be matched with great coaching to turn a raw inconsistent QB into an All Pro: I'm far less willing to do that in 2016.
    No... there will be more evidence of how tolerable Sanchez is as the Broncos QB (or so it appears at this point). 2011 was fun. Will 2016 be? Ask me in 2017.

It's pretty straightforward.

He looked fine AF on Lip Sync Battle.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information