Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bill would forever preserve "Mile High" in Broncos' stadium name

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    All I know is there are about 300 passengers really REALLY glad their co-pilot had extensive experience with large gliders and happened to have done his military training at an airbase nearby when they ran out of gas halfway to their destination (it had been converted to a track where a race was being held at the time; bet that jumbo jet coming in under no power was a real sight for the fans, not to mention the drivers.)

It's a stupid horse and buggy system; despite using it for 70 years, even my mother isn't sure how many teaspoons are in a tablespoon or tablespoons in a cup unless she looks it up somewhere. 1=1=1; that's so simple it's not even really math.
    The metric system is good for stupid people who can't do simple math, which is why America doesn't use it.

#USA

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I learned it in kindergarten and all the way through grade 12...then never used it again in my life.
    I've never heard anybody around me use it professionally; carpenters; plumbers; nobody.
    Whenever we get a snowstorm or rainstorm I'm converting metric to imperial in my head on the fly to determine how much...;-)
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    The metric system is good for stupid people who can't do simple math, which is why America doesn't use it.

#USA
    Right: The metric system's for stupid people like doctors and engineers, who NEVER use ANYTHING else. But I'll bite; what's your simple math for converting cubic inches into quarts—again, WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP (no one needs google to know 1000 cm3=1000 ml=1 L*). Also once again, how many drams are in a gill, or ells in a league? If it's so easy, you can surely tell us off the top of your head.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    I learned it in kindergarten and all the way through grade 12...then never used it again in my life.
    I've never heard anybody around me use it professionally; carpenters; plumbers; nobody.
    Know many electricians who measure power in BTUs/sec or foot-pounds/sec? I know more who use watts, because Imperial doesn't even HAVE electrical (nor radiological) units. It technically CAN'T have any for voltage, as such: The volt is a metric unit, but we refer to "voltage" because 1) "electrical potential difference" is a mouthful and 2) VOLTS ARE THE ONLY UNIT FOR IT. Know many doctors or nurses who give medicine by the cubic inch or quart instead of the cc or liter?

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Whenever we get a snowstorm or rainstorm I'm converting metric to imperial in my head on the fly to determine how much...;-)
    Not sure if you're in Canada or what, because you're gonna have that same problem pretty much ANYWHERE outside the US.

*I actually got a decent estimate of that with mental math: Convert 1 in3 to ~15˝ cc, then divide a quarts ~1000 ml by that to get ~62˝ in3/qt., close to the actual value I just looked up online (i.e. 1 qt.=57.7502 in3—that's SO much easier to remember than 1L=1000 cm3. Theoretically, since 1 W=1 A X 1 V AND 1 kg X 1 m˛ X 1 sec-3, we could even convert pounds and feet to kilograms and meters, then back again, to invent Imperial electric unit: But isn't it a HELL of a lot easier to just keep using watts, amps, volts and ohms—even if they don't let us shout, "SUCK IT WORLD!"?)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

This is why no one fully understands Deflategate: Because proving NE* full of crap requires using the metric system, something virtually no one who cares about American football is willing or able to do. "SUCK IT WORLD—but I'm incapable of figuring out HOW MUCH you suck, because 'Murica (i.e. BRITISH measurements)!"
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

It's really not that difficult, Joel. I'm not sure how many people actually need to do the conversions you mention above. I'm guessing ZERO.

Hey - here's a thought: Move the **** back to Scandinavia.

Default Prove it

It's really not that difficult, Joel. I'm not sure how many people actually need to do the conversions you mention above. I'm guessing ZERO.
    How many drams are in a gill, and ells in a league? How much electricity did your house use last month, in non-metric units? Oh, wait: THERE AREN'T ANY.

Hey - here's a thought: Move the **** back to Scandinavia.
    No. Scandinavia didn't spend a billion of your tax dollars on a satellite it burned up in the Martian atmosphere just because some idiot refused to use the metric system: The good ol' US of A did. SUCK IT, MARS!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

You're an idiot. No wonder your wife kicked you out.

CYP coming, I'm sure. But it's worth it.

You're an idiot. No wonder your wife kicked you out.

CYP coming, I'm sure. But it's worth it.
    I'll take that to mean "I don't know how, so you're dumb." Speaking of ignorance, my wife didn't kick me out; folks in a hole should stop digging. Meanwhile, I'll make it simple: In non-metric units, explain why Bradys explanation of Deflategate's false. Oh, wait, the Ideal Gas Law uses kelvins, not degrees Rankine; never mind.

As for the CYP, someone recently reminded me using MHSes for snarky comments violates the CoC: "Do you realize what a complete and total moron you are? Just leave. We don't want you here." should qualify (if only because, "you're a total moron" is as much a personal attack as "you're an idiot.") I was INVITED to this site at its FOUNDING by MULTIPLE founders who EXPLICITLY cited my posting style, tone and content as the reason. I don't need your permission to be here regardless.

For the record, if you get a CYP it'll be your own doing, because I doubt I've reported even half a dozen posts in nearly a decade since joining (nor received as many CYPs.) If your replies to me draw a lot of CYPs ANYWAY, what does that tell you...?
    Last edited by Joel; 04-29-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Yes. You got here a whole three months before I did. Congratulations. You weren't the only person invited here. I'd guess that the founding members that invited you are the ones that were either banned, or no longer post here. You should follow in their footsteps. As usual, the rest of your moronic reply is just that: Moronic.

I have no idea if your wife kicked you out or not, but I'd be surprised if she didn't. You should feel lucky she didn't kill you first.

As to the other BS you posted about gas laws, kelvins, rankine, etc.: No one gives two shits about your metric system passion. Except you, of course. Neither I nor does anyone else on this site give a rats ass. You are skilled at trolling this site within the rules. I just wonder why someone like you would continue to walk into an area where you're not wanted. It takes a "special" kind of person, I guess.

If I violated the CoC, good. You deserve every comment contained in that statement, and I could care less if I get a CYP. I want you gone. I can only assume that you've been kicked out of other forums (as well as your home in Norway) and this is your last refuge.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

PS - what kind of dunce turns a thread about preserving the name "Mile High" into a debate about metric vs. imperial?

Answer: An nincompoop.

I've never reported anyone. What's your point?

Yes. You got here a whole three months before I did. Congratulations. You weren't the only person invited here.
    Yeah: But I'm not DEMANDING you leave as if I had any right to do so.

I'd guess that the founding members that invited you are the ones that were either banned, or no longer post here. You should follow in their footsteps. As usual, the rest of your moronic reply is just that: Moronic.
    Given your track record (and my inbox,) it's past time to stop basing assertions on "guesses." At least you (sort of) addressed an argument instead of a person there.

I have no idea if your wife kicked you out or not, but I'd be surprised if she didn't. You should feel lucky she didn't kill you first.
    Yes: You admit having NO IDEA, but stated it anyway. Then said I should be grateful she didn't kill me as well. But I'm the insufferable one?

Not that it's any of your business, but I'm the only child of a 72-year-old diabetic hypertensive polio survivor, so 5 years was the absolute maximum amount of time I wanted to spend on another continent right now. I'd also like her to see her only grandchild (and vice versa) somewhere other than a computer screen someday. Remember the old saying about what happens when one assumes...?

As to the other BS you posted about gas laws, kelvins, rankine, etc.: No one gives two shits about your metric system passion. Except you, of course. Neither I nor does anyone else on this site give a rats ass. You are skilled at trolling this site within the rules. I just wonder why someone like you would continue to walk into an area where you're not wanted. It takes a "special" kind of person, I guess.
    Again: Get MUCH better at guessing, or just quit. I didn't bring up the metric system, only RESPOND to someone who did, ending the post by trying to redirect the thread back to the topic of its OP. OTHER people chose to keep talking about the metric system, so I replied to them. Pay attention.

If I violated the CoC, good. You deserve every comment contained in that statement, and I could care less if I get a CYP. I want you gone. I can only assume that you've been kicked out of other forums (as well as your home in Norway) and this is your last refuge.
    The next time I'm kicked out of a forum will be the first. Seriously, stop making assumptions about strangers, and not just because you're REALLY BAD as it (though that's a great reason.) Or keep going; it's a free countrybut the only one you're tearing down is yourself. Because, to be brutally honest, the more you state your opinion of me, the less I value it, and we're heading into negative numbers now.

PS - what kind of dunce turns a thread about preserving the name "Mile High" into a debate about metric vs. imperial?

Answer: An nincompoop.
    That's between you, OrangeHoof (i.e. the guy who brought up the metric system) and Jaded (the guy who kept the discussion going after my lone reply to OrangeHoof.) I didn't make the first or majority of posts about the metric system, and doubt I'll make the last, but if you want to make it all about me just to declare I make everything about me, no one can stop you.

I've never reported anyone. What's your point?
    That if you get another CYP over this it'll be all your own doing and none of mine, a strong indicator of who's the problem. Is any of this really THAT complicated?

Done with this argument; continuing would just continue the "Joel takes over every thread" schtick. Vent your spleen as insultingly as you like, and on your own head be it, but I'll no longer allow it to be my problem.
    Last edited by Joel; 04-29-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    "Joel takes over every thread"
    At least you finally posted something worthwhile and accurate.

My only comment is "What the ****!"

Senate Republicans kill bill to retain "Mile High" in stadium's name
    Democrats' feel-good bill would have made traditional moniker a matter of law, not choice
    By Joey Bunch
    The Denver Post
    Posted: 05/05/2016 05:05:58 PM MDT19 Comments | Updated: 112 min. ago

A Colorado Senate committee didn't feel good about a piece of feel-good legislation offered by House Democrats, killing a bill Thursday that would have made the "Mile High" stadium name a matter of law, not choice.

The bill failed on a 3-2 party-line vote.

"The taxpayers deserve to have their Mile High history and tradition preserved," said Rep. Dan Pabon, a Denver Democrat and passionate Broncos fan who championed the bill. "Broncos fans all over the state will remember this day, but nothing can kill our fans 'mile high' spirit."

The legislation would have allowed anyone who buys the naming rights to the Denver Broncos' home stadium to use their company name and logo, but retain "Mile High" in the stadium's name, such as the current name, Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

Any company could — and probably would — still choose to keep the name to satisfy fans of tradition.

A response from Senate Republicans wasn't immediately available Thursday afternoon.

Former Broncos wide receiver Brandon Stokley was at the Capitol to testify in favor a bill regulating fantasy sports leagues this week, but he also was quick to endorse the Mile High name.

"I love it," he said in an interview. "I think that's a landmark here in Denver. It's always been Mile High Stadium, and I definitely think that's the way it should always be."

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

It was voted down today, but IMO, any new company would be stupid if they did not include "Mile High" in the stadium name.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    My only comment is "What the ****!"

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information