Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Source: Skip Bayless Is Leaving ESPN For Fox Sports

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Source: Skip Bayless Is Leaving ESPN For Fox Sports

ESPN provocateur-in-chief and First Take co-host Skip Bayless is leaving ESPN, according to a statement released today by the company:

Skip Bayless has decided to leave ESPN when his contract expires at the end of August. His final appearance on First Take will be the day after the NBA Finals conclude. We want to thank Skip for his many contributions to ESPN. His hard work and talent have benefited ESPN for 12 years.

According to an industry source, Bayless is expected to join Fox Sports. New Fox Sports head honcho Jamie Horowitz—who worked with Bayless at First Take while at ESPN and is generally credited/blamed for the network’s embarrassing “Embrace Debate” era—has been clear about his desire to remake Fox Sports as a sort of giant crypto-racist shout show, and Bayless is the biggest name in that game. “Yes, we’re interested in all the superstars,” Horowitz told Sporting News last month. “Of course, I’m interested in Skip.”
    rest - http://deadspin.com/source-skip-bayl...rts-1773145374

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Exodus @ ESPN

3. The Following User High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

He will be missed... Said no one.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    He will be missed... Said no one.
    This actually is a pretty big loss for espn ratings-wise. As big of a moron as he is, his show draws killer ratings. It's crazy how people are just leaving espn in droves right now.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This actually is a pretty big loss for espn ratings-wise. As big of a moron as he is, his show draws killer ratings. It's crazy how people are just leaving espn in droves right now.
    Yeah, I followed Colin Cowherd to CBS. He's even better than he was when he was at ESPN. I wonder why.

9. The Following User High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Skip Bayless? I always do.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

11. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Mike Tirico Reportedly Leaving ESPN for NBC in Summer 2016

Monday Night Football announcer Mike Tirico is reportedly set to leave ESPN and will join NBC once his current contract expires this summer.

John Ourand of Sports Business Daily first reported the news. Larry Lage of the Associated Press confirmed the report.

Tirico is expected to take over as NBC's play-by-play commentator for Thursday Night Football and could play a role in the network's golf coverage, according to Sports Business Daily. The outlet noted Al Michaels, who does play-by-play for NBC's Sunday Night Football, has two years left on his deal.

The 49-year-old sportscaster has covered a wide array of sports during his time at ESPN, which began in 1991. His most prominent assignments have been the NFL and NBA, but he's also been involved in college sports, golf, tennis and the FIFA World Cup.
    rest - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...in-summer-2016

If this is true, IMO, this is a much bigger loss for ESPN than Bayless

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

Tirico is certainly a way bigger loss in terms of talent, but I don't think any fewer people will watch sporting events because he isn't calling them. I imagine their daytime ratings will take a big hit without Bayless though. I bet if you asked their execs privately they would rather lose Tirico than Bayless.

First take is a ratings machine and Skip actually is a hellllll of alot better than the racist Stephen A Smith.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Bayless is clearly acting like an eccentric sophist on his shows for ratings, but people are entertained. I believe this will be a massive 'loss' for ESPN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

NBC is also trying to make a push for one of the Big 5 college football conferences. Having a big name to headline the broadcast helps their bid. ESPN's bid for the new Big Ten package was reportedly low, which leaves open NBC as a possible other half to Fox's Big Ten conference, which is about half of the coverage.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Bayless is an idiot and Fox's moves have been horrible. FS1 is not watchable outside of its soccer coverage and live sports.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by artie_dale View Post
    Yeah, I followed Colin Cowherd to CBS. He's even better than he was when he was at ESPN. I wonder why.
    Cowherd is terrible. Most of his arguments are formed with completely incorrect facts. And effing Whitlock is his sidekick. That guys an even bigger idiot, his take on John Elway not withstanding.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

?So is there a reason for this mass exodus from ESPN? Are they not paying enough? Not allowing enough creative expression? Are the executives a bunch of tyrants?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Cowherd is terrible. Most of his arguments are formed with completely incorrect facts. And effing Whitlock is his sidekick. That guys an even bigger idiot, his take on John Elway not withstanding.
    I love cowherd. The key is to not take him too seriously.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information