Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Source: Skip Bayless Is Leaving ESPN For Fox Sports

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    ?So is there a reason for this mass exodus from ESPN? Are they not paying enough? Not allowing enough creative expression? Are the executives a bunch of tyrants?
    Depends on who you're talking about. Bayless and Tirico are getting paid big bucks to leave. Simmons was pissed about how ESPN handled Grantland (I'm with him on that), but at the same time Simmons handled that by taking pot shots at just about everyone. Olberman's show was a ratings disaster and he's a loose cannon. I believe Cowherd said some things that got him suspended and then they mutually parted ways and he got paid big to go to Fox. A lot of it is that the other networks are paying huge money to try to boost ratings on their cable networks.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

As it's kind of topical here, Simmons' show, Any Given Wednesday, debuts June 22.

With Simmons gone and Van Pelt the featured midnight sports center anchor, Rusillo's NBA analysis is underutilized. Simmons realized how good Rusillo was at NBA and started to use him on Grantland shows, then Simmons got the boot and ESPN partnered Rusillo with Kanell and axed Grantland...at least Rusillo showed up on Coast to Coast frequently.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    As it's kind of topical here, Simmons' show, Any Given Wednesday, debuts June 22.

With Simmons gone and Van Pelt the featured midnight sports center anchor, Rusillo's NBA analysis is underutilized. Simmons realized how good Rusillo was at NBA and started to use him on Grantland shows, then Simmons got the boot and ESPN partnered Rusillo with Kanell and axed Grantland...at least Rusillo showed up on Coast to Coast frequently.
    Kanell sucks. I don't mind him sometimes, but he goes on some really stupid soapboxes. I definitely miss SVP with Rusillo. I have a feeling if Simmons' HBO platform really takes off he could start poaching guys that he worked well with at ESPN like Rusillo and Jalen Rose whenever their contracts come up.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Kanell sucks. I don't mind him sometimes, but he goes on some really stupid soapboxes. I definitely miss SVP with Rusillo. I have a feeling if Simmons' HBO platform really takes off he could start poaching guys that he worked well with at ESPN like Rusillo and Jalen Rose whenever their contracts come up.
    I'm holding out hope ESPN lets Rose, Lowe and Rusillo go do some HBO, but in reality there's no way that's happening.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm holding out hope ESPN lets Rose, Lowe and Rusillo go do some HBO, but in reality there's no way that's happening.
    Oh they would never in a million years let one of their guys do that. Simmons has said since leaving that ESPN does not allow their talent to go on competitors' shows. Which is why I am hoping his HBO show hits it big and he can start poaching some of those guys down the road.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

ESPN is losing talent because they agreed to let Pedro Gomez use the ladies room...
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sean McDonough Joins ESPN’s Monday Night Football

Sean McDonough, one of sports television’s most versatile broadcasters, will be the new play-by-play voice for ESPN’s Monday Night Football. He will work alongside analyst Jon Gruden and reporter Lisa Salters when the 2016 NFL season kicks off this fall.

McDonough – whose broadcasting resume includes the World Series, NCAA Final Four and the Olympic Games – has worked on major properties including college football, college basketball and Major League Baseball in recent years. He has also called NFL games for ESPN Radio since 2013.

McDonough has been with ESPN since 2000 – his second stint with the company (previously 1989-95) – and recently signed a new extension. He becomes just the fifth person to occupy the play-by-play position in the 46-year history of MNF, joining broadcasting stalwarts Keith Jackson, Frank Gifford, Al Michaels and Mike Tirico, who called the past 10 seasons on ESPN.
    rest - http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...ight-football/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Skip Bayless says his move to Fox Sports 1 – with a new daily program that is set to bow Sept. 6 – will allow him to remove the “handcuffs” he’s been compelled to wear at ESPN, where he hosted the popular ESPN2 program First Take with Stephen A. Smith.

“Too many people in charge at ESPN, for my taste, were a little too fearful,” Bayless tells The Hollywood Reporter in an interview officially revealing his move. "It's a Disney network. There are just certain boundaries that you can’t even tiptoe along. Not that we won’t have boundaries at Fox, because we will. [But] they will trust me to go a little deeper. I can be completely honest on everything."

The long-rumored announcement is expected to be made Monday from Fox Sports National Networks president Jamie Horowitz, who had oversight of First Take while he was a vp at ESPN. And Bayless' FS1 show will air from 10 a.m. – noon, going head-to-head with First Take. (Max Kellerman debuted July 25 as Smith’s new co-host.)
    rest - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-sports-916035

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Just what America needs - a "deeper" Skip Bayless.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I don’t respect people who make allegations that are so vague that the accused can’t respond to them.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    His takes get worse?

Oh dear.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i love skip

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i love skip
    You do have a tendency to have views that are completely contrary to the majority
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    You do have a tendency to have views that are completely contrary to the majority
    Skip is still slurping the Tebow juice.

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Skip is still slurping the Tebow juice.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information