Thread: My latest fanspeak draft with analysis

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Default My latest fanspeak draft with analysis

I like jaded have become a huge fan of this website. My least favorite pic was Driskel in the sixth, but I do like his athletic potential. I went BPA with a little bit of emphasis on need, but didn't really slot guys based on what I thought the biggest need was.

31: R1P31
    TE HUNTER HENRY
    ARKANSAS
    Hands down the best tight end in this year's draft. whole lot of potential as an inline blocker and a ton of potential as a move tight end with very nice athleticism and he's a guy that literally never drops the ball.

63: R2P32
    S T.J. GREEN
    CLEMSON
    This guy is definitely a work in progress. He's a converted wide receiver who can definitely make plays on the ball. Has a world-class athleticism as he ran a 4.34 at the combine. He's an electric Blitzer, but still needs a lot of work in tackling and understanding Zone schemes

94: R3P31
    DT JIHAD WARD
    ILLINOIS
    Big And very athletic 5-technique who will be ready to potentially start day one. He's a guy that I get really excited about when you think about him in this type of system. He'll really benefit from the ability to get up field

98: R3P35
    RB ALEX COLLINS
    ARKANSAS
    I've always been an old school guy when it comes to my running backs. I like a tailback that punishes linebackers and defensive backs when they get to the second level. Collins does this and what I really like about him in this scheme is that he's very similar to Anderson which provides us with the ability to just win in the battles of attrition. He's the type of guy that's going to give you those extra one and two yards just like CJ Anderson does. Don't really see a huge drop-off from Anderson to Collins.

136: R4P38
    G REES ODHIAMBO
    BOISE STATE
    144: R5P5
    I like this kid a lot, and to be honest I'd be a little bit surprised if he slid all the way to the 4th. He's another African immigrant with big-time athleticism very nice feet and the potential to be a great scheme fit in a zone system. I really like his potential for growth as he's only been playing the game for a few years.

OLB DEION JONES
    LSU
    157: R5P18
    Obviously Jones is not going to line up as a 3-4 outside linebacker. I see him as a great fit on the interior to potentially push Davis as the starter beside Marshall. Relentless sideline-to-sideline speed. I also think that he has enough room on his frame to add another 10 to 15 pounds

WR JORDAN PAYTON
    UCLA
    219: R6P44
    This guy was purely a BPA pick. I do really like his willingness in the Run game. He has underrated straight-line speed. But I don't really see him as a game-breaker. Just a good value in a late-round receiver

QB JEFF DRISKEL
    LOUISIANA TECH
    228: R7P7
    Purely a developmental pick. Tons of question about anticipation and ability to read defenses. But there is so much athleticism there but I felt like he was worth a sixth-round flier especially given where the roster stands now at the quarterback position.

OT STEPHANE NEMBOT
    COLORADO
    253: R7P32
    Again continuing the trend of Developmental picks. This kid is a very good athlete. He's long. He has good weight room strength, which doesn't always show up on tape. The huge thing for him will be getting into the system and getting consistent coaching. I honestly believe he has starter potential down the line if they can get him to play with better balance. If not all you have invested it is a seventh-rounder.

OLB STEPHEN WEATHERLY
    VANDERBILT

At this point I see the kid as purely a special-teams contributor with hopes that he could develop into a rotational pass rusher in the future. He has the size, length, and speed that you like. He's also just a fantastic kid, and extremely intelligent. I don't know that he last this long just based on his production at Vanderbilt, and his athletic potential but again it's the way the board fell.
    Last edited by Jsteve01; 04-23-2016 at 08:14 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I like it, Payton being the only prospect I haven't had any interest in.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Mind you, I'm generally not on same wavelength as Elway so far in his drafting history but, it seems to be that unless they sign a QB before the draft, they *must* draft one sometime in the first three rounds. They also need to address their offensive line which, IMO, is still just patchwork. Taking a TE and a S are luxuries.

IMO, the first three selections should be QB, o-line and d-line in some combination.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think TE is high on their wish list, you can just tell by how hard they've tried to stock that depth chart. The only TE's they haven't worked out or signed the last year are the TE's that they legally can't work out or sign.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Mind you, I'm generally not on same wavelength as Elway so far in his drafting history but, it seems to be that unless they sign a QB before the draft, they *must* draft one sometime in the first three rounds. They also need to address their offensive line which, IMO, is still just patchwork. Taking a TE and a S are luxuries.

IMO, the first three selections should be QB, o-line and d-line in some combination.
    te and safety are most definitely not luxuries. Stuart has one year left on his contract, and behind the hymn there's literally nothing. Then when you look at the tight end position they've got green and the rookie from last year who's had consecutive years with pretty serious injuries. I've seen a lot of comparisons between Henry and Jason Witten. If you have the potential to draft a Hall of Fame type tight end at 31 I think they would go that route

7. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

They are luxuries compared to what we have at QB and the o-line. I could see drafting a TE on the second day, just not the first day. BTW, is Vernon Davis still on the roster?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Personally i dont see them drafting a TE quite that early. They have yet to see how Huerman (sp?) pans out and he was drafted just last year. I agree with Hoof that QB is something Denver must address in the first 3 rounds at the minimum.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

I would feel so conflicted supporting jihad.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

This is a down year at the TE position and most guys at the top are projects, not sure things.

Remember who was the hot TE everybody wanted from last year's draft? Does the name Maxx Williams ring a bell? He last until the 55th pick by the Ravens and he finished the season with 32 receptions for 268 yards, an 8.4 ypc, 1 TD and 1 fumble. If he were coming out this year, I'd still rank him higher than any TE in this class but he lasted til the lower second round.

I like Henry, Hooper and Vannett (an Owen Daniels type) for their potential but they're all second-day value.

They are luxuries compared to what we have at QB and the o-line. I could see drafting a TE on the second day, just not the first day. BTW, is Vernon Davis still on the roster?
    He's a Redskin.
    I love saying Redskin. Does that make me racist?
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

This is a down year at the TE position and most guys at the top are projects, not sure things.

Remember who was the hot TE everybody wanted from last year's draft? Does the name Maxx Williams ring a bell? He last until the 55th pick by the Ravens and he finished the season with 32 receptions for 268 yards, an 8.4 ypc, 1 TD and 1 fumble. If he were coming out this year, I'd still rank him higher than any TE in this class but he lasted til the lower second round.

I like Henry, Hooper and Vannett (an Owen Daniels type) for their potential but they're all second-day value.
    I would agree with your assessment of every other tight end in the draft. Hunter Henry is by no means Max Williams. He's a far better blocker. And I see him to be more athletic. No one was making comparisons to Jason Witten last year when Williams was drafted

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Just so long as it's a transgendered Redskin.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information