Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Comcast makes TV service available without set-top box

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Enjoy it while you can. Nothing is free.
    Except my setup
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Except my setup
    And mine!

Quote Originally Posted by olathebroncofan View Post
    So can you dvr with a roku, or is all content basically on-demand. I'm clueless about the roku, but am becoming a little more intrigued.
    No need for a DVR unless it's live TV and I believe there are ways to set that up but you would have to buy your own equipment. The idea of Roku is that you can stream anything you want when you want it. Kind of like an on demand feature.

But have really fast Internet otherwise it's not a good idea. And you can purchase what you want seperate like HBO, Showtime, Starz or ESPN....then just drop it after you have seen all you want and go onto something else.

I am pretty lucky bc I get it all free from sharing a family members code. He works for Verizon and gets everything for me. But for those that dont have that, I believe there are packages you can buy for about $19 a month that comes with ESPN, Disney, TNT and all sorts of other channels. Then just add in the movie channels you want for aroud $9 a month.

But team up with a friend or family member and just share log in info with everyone.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    No need for a DVR unless it's live TV and I believe there are ways to set that up but you would have to buy your own equipment. The idea of Roku is that you can stream anything you want when you want it. Kind of like an on demand feature.

But have really fast Internet otherwise it's not a good idea. And you can purchase what you want seperate like HBO, Showtime, Starz or ESPN....then just drop it after you have seen all you want and go onto something else.

I am pretty lucky bc I get it all free from sharing a family members code. He works for Verizon and gets everything for me. But for those that dont have that, I believe there are packages you can buy for about $19 a month that comes with ESPN, Disney, TNT and all sorts of other channels. Then just add in the movie channels you want for aroud $9 a month.

But team up with a friend or family member and just share log in info with everyone.
    So, basically you're a thief?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

So, basically you're a thief?

Yeah basically I am right now. Go ahead and call the cops.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I forgot to mention that many programs through Roku are encrypted so you can't record them however I use the Roku1 which is far less powerful but allows you to connect through RCA jacks which can unencrypt the signal so you can run it to your VCR or DVD recorder.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

https://www.sling.com/?cvosrc=Prospe...mpaign=NBAREGS

I'm thinking about doing this and getting a TiVo.

Quote Originally Posted by olathebroncofan View Post
    So can you dvr with a roku, or is all content basically on-demand. I'm clueless about the roku, but am becoming a little more intrigued.

Ok. I understand it better now. I might look into it further. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information